Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorc Bubble

crrypto
01.15.2012 , 10:22 AM | #1
Doesn't this seem like it could use a little fine tuning? From what I hear, it absorbs up to 10k damage with 0% getting through. Whenever I see a sorc pop this barrier, even w/ 100 health, it means to immediately shift targets and pretty much makes them invulnerable for 10 seconds. Is this truly how it works? Is this truly working as intended?

KorwinOfAmber
01.15.2012 , 10:24 AM | #2
Can you stop showing off your autism at forums?

Sorc "buble" is not "sorc" buble. Its team buff. Its designed so that it would be easelly spammable at whole team at all times. So you complain that squishiest class in game benefits from shield buble while Juggernaut or BH benefit from it the same way.

If sorc in your team does not cast the shield on you, complain to him and not to Bioware. Really, you people make me sick.

Also 10k damage.. ...

Murdertrane
01.15.2012 , 10:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KorwinOfAmber View Post
Can you stop showing off your autism at forums?

Sorc "buble" is not "sorc" buble. Its team buff. Its designed so that it would be easelly spammable at whole team at all times. So you complain that squishiest class in game benefits from shield buble while Juggernaut or BH benefit from it the same way.

If sorc in your team does not cast the shield on you, complain to him and not to Bioware. Really, you people make me sick.

Somebody's touchy about their FOTM reroll.

KorwinOfAmber
01.15.2012 , 10:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Murdertrane View Post
Somebody's touchy about their FOTM reroll.
Care to argue my point?

Whats next? You going to complain about healers heal, since they die to hard? Too bad both shield and healing were added (along as healer classes at all) there primary to protect YOU in pvp and pve, but seems people like you fail to realize you.

Durzaka
01.15.2012 , 10:27 AM | #5
in case you didnt know, you shouldnt believe everything you hear.
Durzaka Retribution

Rivianchief
01.15.2012 , 10:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by crrypto View Post
Doesn't this seem like it could use a little fine tuning? From what I hear, it absorbs up to 10k damage with 0% getting through. Whenever I see a sorc pop this barrier, even w/ 100 health, it means to immediately shift targets and pretty much makes them invulnerable for 10 seconds. Is this truly how it works? Is this truly working as intended?
Playing a sorcerer and I can't confirm this. 10k seems too high for my taste because the bubble lasts like 5 seconds or so ( felt). Then again this might be also when receiving dmg from stim buffed pvp monsters.

Its not a weak skill or so, but some people (that may be my subjective pov) seem to make more out of it as it really is. In combination with guard its a ****** skill, if you are alone fighting an enemy 1v1 you will see yourself having a hard time even with the bubble

KorwinOfAmber
01.15.2012 , 10:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rivianchief View Post
Playing a sorcerer and I can't confirm this. 10k seems too high for my taste because the bubble lasts like 5 seconds or so ( felt). Then again this might be also when receiving dmg from stim buffed pvp monsters.

Its not a weak skill or so, but some people (that may be my subjective pov) seem to make more out of it as it really is. In combination with guard its a ****** skill, if you are alone fighting an enemy 1v1 you will see yourself having a hard time even with the bubble
Its 3k damage with points in Lightning. 2500 without.

DarthHendo
01.15.2012 , 10:29 AM | #8
wow....

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list

"Static Barrier is our shielding ability. It will shield for 3.27 *healing bonus + (0.164 * 7085). If you are curious where I got the formula, consult this thread here. With a 464 healing bonus, static barrier would shield for ~ 2.7k. It has a 20 second cooldown per target, which is reduced to 17 seconds by the PVP healer set bonus (2)."
Hend'o - Sorcerer Hen'do - Assassin He'ndo - Powertech

LIVE STREAM!

Murkyone
01.15.2012 , 10:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KorwinOfAmber View Post
Care to argue my point?

Whats next? You going to complain about healers heal, since they die to hard? Too bad both shield and healing were added (along as healer classes at all) there primary to protect YOU in pvp and pve, but seems people like you fail to realize you.
Regardless of the amount protected, as I've read anywhere from 4k - 9k, the fact this can just be repeatably spammed to shield an entire pvp team seems a bit much. I don't play a caster but I think you get a debuff of some kind so you can't just repeatedly heal the same target over and over again in rapid succession.

I'll give credit as far as that if our own casters don't use it on our team, shame on them.

Still doesn't change the fact that you play a class that is definitely FOTM, haha.

Try playing a Guardian or Jugg. May be too hard for you.

GlowRage
01.15.2012 , 10:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Murkyone View Post
Regardless of the amount protected, as I've read anywhere from 4k - 9k, the fact this can just be repeatably spammed to shield an entire pvp team seems a bit much. I don't play a caster but I think you get a debuff of some kind so you can't just repeatedly heal the same target over and over again in rapid succession.

I'll give credit as far as that if our own casters don't use it on our team, shame on them.

Still doesn't change the fact that you play a class that is definitely FOTM, haha.

Try playing a Guardian or Jugg. May be too hard for you.
The amount is nowhere near 9k, people are simply exaggerating because they're frustrated that it feels like they're not doing any damage to a player in a bubble.

There is a 30 second debuff that is put on anyone affected by the bubble. If you're unable to do enough damage to break the shield in 30 seconds, maybe a Guardian or Juggernaut is too hard for you.
- System specs
- Hilarious catch phrase
"Deep philosophical quote"