Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RB's Character/General TOR Artwork

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Art
RB's Character/General TOR Artwork

RanvirBorealas
01.15.2012 , 09:58 AM | #1
I think the way to go about it is to start your own thread for your art so here is mine :P
http://anthros.deviantart.com/ My DeviantArt page, full of Star Wars and non-Star Wars stuff

Some characters and maybe a few creatures and scenes will be posted here, I am going to start off with my Trooper Vanguard Korwyn Roxton . As always, my characters will have custom designed armour.

*I am aware of the wonkyness of the blaster and the off lines on it, but it was too late in the creation process for me to fix it and didn't want to not post what is essentially a complete piece *

Next is my Chiss Imperial Agent Sniper, Valnoz Rhall. His gear is an amalgam of my fave "stealth" suit concepts and a bit of tech "portaled" over to the SWTOR universe ;P I wanted mobility, good armoring and a very frightening figure to come out of the shadows!

This is a face sketch of my Pureblood Sith Warrior Marauder, Jozavar Ul'Gan, soon to be known as Darth Excorius.
This is still a work in progress but I like the sketchiness and am pleased with the contrast in light sources.
I may do a full body pic with custom armor but if he has no face mask his ridges will migrate from his chin to his eyebrows :P

"An ye harm none,do what ye will."

RanvirBorealas
01.15.2012 , 11:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SensusSW View Post
Very nice!
Thanks!

SensusSW
01.15.2012 , 12:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RanvirBorealas View Post
Thanks!
Np.

Mudmink
01.15.2012 , 01:22 PM | #5
Wow, I love the detail! Great work
Meo Muse || The Harbinger

RanvirBorealas
01.15.2012 , 04:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mudmink View Post
Wow, I love the detail! Great work
Thank you

Jessicayla
01.16.2012 , 02:08 AM | #7
Amazing! What was your process for making the image? Did you draw it first and then scan it and color?
Unsubscribed until further notice.

RanvirBorealas
01.17.2012 , 11:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jessicayla View Post
Amazing! What was your process for making the image? Did you draw it first and then scan it and color?
In a way, yes. I had a simple old pose model drawing I had scanned in ages ago that I used as a frame. I fixed the proportions and adjusted the stance and limb position by drawing over the image digitally using Paint Tool SAI. After the frame was done I then drew in the armour shapes and lines and on a separate layer I drew the paint scheme over them.

Once I had all of it sketched in I used the clean line vector program within SAI to make bold and smooth lines since i wanted to keep the trooper's armour as solid looking as possible.
I then discarded all of the lines previous to the vector lines and colour blocked a mid-dark tone for every colour, then carefully layering darker tones on each separate colour.
Then came the highlights, texturing, a lavender tinted backlight to give it volume and the lights on the various panels and armour bits.

Topped it off with shadow to give him a bit of weight and that was my whole process

I tend to get a bit long winded so I apologize and hope this helped !

Jessicayla
01.18.2012 , 12:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RanvirBorealas View Post
In a way, yes. I had a simple old pose model drawing I had scanned in ages ago that I used as a frame. I fixed the proportions and adjusted the stance and limb position by drawing over the image digitally using Paint Tool SAI. After the frame was done I then drew in the armour shapes and lines and on a separate layer I drew the paint scheme over them.

Once I had all of it sketched in I used the clean line vector program within SAI to make bold and smooth lines since i wanted to keep the trooper's armour as solid looking as possible.
I then discarded all of the lines previous to the vector lines and colour blocked a mid-dark tone for every colour, then carefully layering darker tones on each separate colour.
Then came the highlights, texturing, a lavender tinted backlight to give it volume and the lights on the various panels and armour bits.

Topped it off with shadow to give him a bit of weight and that was my whole process

I tend to get a bit long winded so I apologize and hope this helped !
Thanks for typing that out. It looks really awesome and I always like to hear about the process
Unsubscribed until further notice.

Decibelle
01.19.2012 , 04:49 PM | #10
I love how clean the lines are! I can never get my lineart to look that clean and nice. (And everything looks so shiny...*_*)