Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus can be killed in a FP, wait what?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Darth Malgus can be killed in a FP, wait what?!

Duradel
01.15.2012 , 12:25 PM | #11
Although I was sad to see such a cool character go, I really, REALLY hope they don't bring him back. I never quite got over the cheesiness of the "Tempest Keep was merely a setback!" kind of bosses in WoW.

It was a truly epic fight and they did him well in his offing, if it makes you feel any better.

MigSebes
01.15.2012 , 08:09 PM | #12
You only push him down, you don't see him die, FYI...
DreadeisSideisSebesMigsebes
The CRUENTUS Legacy
<Show Me Your Crits>
FREE SERVER TRANSFER

Logisitcs
01.15.2012 , 09:55 PM | #13
I was upset by this too, Grand Moff Kilran was also off'd while NONE of the Republic mains (save Revan but he's debatable) were killed

Duradel
01.15.2012 , 10:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post
I was upset by this too, Grand Moff Kilran was also off'd while NONE of the Republic mains (save Revan but he's debatable) were killed
Yes, let's all forget about the greatest hero in Republic history (in this time).

He didn't really count.

/sarcasm

Tuscad
01.15.2012 , 10:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Duradel View Post
Yes, let's all forget about the greatest hero in Republic history (in this time).

He didn't really count.

/sarcasm
Revan isnt dead either, he disappears at 2% health
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

BreezyNate
01.15.2012 , 11:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnnyB View Post
Complain to Vader... he got stomped 1 on 1.

SWTOR is not about Malgus or Satele - it's about YOUR character. YOU are the hero and if 4 heroes can't defeat the bad guy, who has been built up as nothing more than an evil Sith, then story is sacrificed for making a boss battle "moar epic-er."
Yeah I get that whole notion.
but seriously WoW has TONS of memorable important characters (Thrall, Jaina, Arthas to name a few) but with SwToR the only ones that stand out to me are Satele and Malgus (Revan is a maybe as is the Emperor himself) and so Malgus dies now?

I fully understand that eventually the Empire crumbles in on itself in the end but to kill off Malgus so early ?

kainsec
01.15.2012 , 11:06 PM | #17
Until I see a corpse I never count a Star Wars character as dead. Wouldn't be the first person tossed over a bridge into a certain death to come back to life
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

Darth_YaMama
01.15.2012 , 11:32 PM | #18
Did not go to Spoilers forum

Saw spoilers -.-

You know they post the title of the most recently posted thread right?

Sadface.

Kaos
01.15.2012 , 11:36 PM | #19
Yes, you kill Malgus, who claims himself the new Emperor of a completely different Empire. This all starts back by reading the book Deceived, dealing with how Malgus thinks the Emperor is weak, as is the Empire for the Treaty of Coruscant. Thus he leaves the Empire, and forms his own, and becomes the Emperor, and is a threat that must be taken out. I am not all that upset that you kill a traitor to the Empire.

mhsiao
01.15.2012 , 11:38 PM | #20
I doubt he actually died, since player only push him off ledge. Lets face it, Malgus should have died long time ago in Alderaan when Satele owned him with Telekinetic wave.