Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, um, I just realized something...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
So, um, I just realized something...

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 10:53 AM | #11
If everyone gets in with 5 days early no problem and i understand that bioware didnt know whether you were gunna get 5 days or not so from that point of view i agree they have done nothing wrong and were 100% correct to state may play. But if they actually knew from numbers that people who ordered in december would definately not get 5 days they should have stated you will not get 5 days

Surathani
12.14.2011 , 10:53 AM | #12
Just be patient please, come on. Finding quotes that you can use to call up and demand access is an A-hole move at best. Just be patient like the rest of us. Wonder what time the whine and cheese party starts today?
Get busy living, or get busy dying.

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 10:55 AM | #13
I am not moaning i knew from day 1 from reading elsewhere that it was first come first serve basis because i researched elsewhere but maybe the product should have been more clear for people who wouldn't normally search elsewhere. My fingers are crossed for tomorrow evening at best haha

Exarr
12.14.2011 , 10:56 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by richardmills View Post
I agree but they stated you may play upto 5 days even in december when they knew that if you ordered today you actually may NOT and will NOT play upto 5 days early because it was impossible because you ordered it too late. Stating if you buy today you may play makes the consumer believe there is a chance you may play upto 5 days early when actually you cannot.
Again you're missing the entire point. "UP TO" Includes everything below that mark. So, if you're given UP TO 5 days early, but you preordered last night and instead get only 1 day, guess what? BW held up their end of the deal. Hell if you get even 1 hour, technically speaking, you got what was stipulated. Now, if it comes to the 20th, and you pre orded but got no EGA, then you've got a case. As is, its day 2 of an extended 2 days they gave everyone. So... yea.

richardmills
12.14.2011 , 11:00 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Exarr View Post
Again you're missing the entire point. "UP TO" Includes everything below that mark. So, if you're given UP TO 5 days early, but you preordered last night and instead get only 1 day, guess what? BW held up their end of the deal. Hell if you get even 1 hour, technically speaking, you got what was stipulated. Now, if it comes to the 20th, and you pre orded but got no EGA, then you've got a case. As is, its day 2 of an extended 2 days they gave everyone. So... yea.
I am not missing the point and i understand what your saying. I don't know about american consumer law but it raises questions on an eu level but to prove it would be nie on impossible. If they say upto 5 days and you can still recieve 1,2,3,4,5 days access on that day then nothing is wrong. If they say upto 5 days and days 1,2,3 are the only days left then that is incorrect and they should reflect that in the advertisement saying UPTO 3 days as UPTO 5 days is correct but misleading making people believe 5 days is still available. It is a moot point however because bioware could jsut turn round and say due to projections we were unable to guarantee that 5 days was not available when you purchased. So nothing can be done about it imo.

SammmyL
12.14.2011 , 11:00 AM | #16
I put a down payment in August for this game, but didn't realize the code was on my reciept, and didn't enter it until Dec...I hope I get at least 5 days. I played beta and took days off work lol

Surathani
12.14.2011 , 11:08 AM | #17
I also payed for the game in August, and entered code. But somewhere along the line I either it didnt save (I will chalk up to my fault). I re-entered nov 25, so I am at the back of the bus. Having said all that, the official release is on the 20th, I will be happy with 6 hours pre launch play. I hope people realize marketing is marketing, Bioware does not sign a 5 day contract with us. They chose this route to stabilize servers, and you will thank them for it when you get on.

Exarr
12.14.2011 , 11:11 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by richardmills View Post
I am not missing the point and i understand what your saying. I don't know about american consumer law but it raises questions on an eu level but to prove it would be nie on impossible. If they say upto 5 days and you can still recieve 1,2,3,4,5 days access on that day then nothing is wrong. If they say upto 5 days and days 1,2,3 are the only days left then that is incorrect and they should reflect that in the advertisement saying UPTO 3 days as UPTO 5 days is correct but misleading making people believe 5 days is still available. It is a moot point however because bioware could jsut turn round and say due to projections we were unable to guarantee that 5 days was not available when you purchased. So nothing can be done about it imo.
You math is flawed.

Quote:
If they say upto 5 days and days 1,2,3 are the only days left then that is incorrect
That's included in UP TO.

Tazzox
12.14.2011 , 11:15 AM | #19
I'm sure I'm bound to start some waves here not intending, but the main page at this moment in time, 3rd item says "Pre-order access has begun! Pre-order now and play before the 12/20/11 launch!" As far as I can tell it's saying everyone who pre-ordered will get in early but I'd have to guess even one day would be enough for that bit to not be false advertising. As for the rest of the "promised" five days, I never saw anything of that sort.

Surathani
12.14.2011 , 11:18 AM | #20
Yep, besides. If this is the way they want to roll out a stable release, more power to them. Having seen so many launches screwed by poor planning, I am all for this. People need to realize the disposition of the launch is important for the long term viability of the game.