Why Does Bioware Close Threads for "Maintenance?" Unusual Practice.

Xugos

In my experience, whenever they close a thread for "maintenance," it really means that the thread is portraying SW:TOR in a negative light, but not breaking the forum rules, so they just close it hoping that everyone will forget about it and revert back to blindly praising SW:TOR.

I've never seen threads temporarily closed for "maintenance" in any other forum, including ones that are busier, before.

If they're closing threads arbitrarily, that's not a good sign. Randomly closing perfectly fine threads is no way to incubate an MMO community.

Edited by Xugos

In my experience, whenever they close a thread for "maintenance," it really means that the thread is portraying SW:TOR in a negative light, but not breaking the forum rules, so they just close it hoping that everyone will forget about it and revert back to blindly praising SW:TOR.

I've never seen threads temporarily closed for "maintenance" in any other forum, including ones that are busier, before.

the close it because its reached too high of a page number. they do this on the BSN (Bioware Social Network for those not in the know) as well. infact a lot of private forums do this (its a technical reason to help keep servers runing smoothly)

I've never seen it either. I've also never seen a post get deleted for calling out an obvious troll. It's happening here though. Shady practices are shady.

What?

WoW has a great community.

EVE has a great community.

Eve is smaller than SW:TOR; WoW is much larger. Your point is nullified.

WoW is known to have to worst community (which it vaguely is). Actual WoW communities are outside of the official forums.

EDIT: BTW WoW just lets their threads crash out and doesn't restart them themselves.

Edited by Nef-one

WoW is known to have to worst community (which it vaguely is). Actual WoW communities are outside of the official forums.

EDIT: BTW WoW just lets their threads crash out and doesn't restart them themselves.

WoW's moderators are much more laid back, and they only close/delete threads that are serious offenses. A slightly off-topic thread is allowed to run its course, and even gets a blue response sometimes.

Can't say the same for these forums.

I like that they delete spam.

Likely the thread was locked for maintenance, I.E moderation. Probably removing/modifying posts which violate the ToS, such as countless posts which linked to GW2, which constitutes advertising, which is against the rules.