Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Synthweaving - Just Power Crystals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Synthweaving - Just Power Crystals?

Omite
12.13.2011 , 08:07 AM | #1
I'm planning doing synthweaving as my crafting skill.
I know it requires Rubat power crystals. Does it also require other forms of crystal to make higher level or higher quality items?

The reason I ask is because I would like to take under world trading and slicing instead of archaeology and just buy the power crystals.
The Darkmoon Legacy
DVEight - Darkness Sin - Scum and Villainy
Alts: Nihilis - Sorc, Evoll - Mara, Heater - Merc

Laconic
12.13.2011 , 08:09 AM | #2
You need archaeology fragments / tablets as well.

If you want to be self-sufficient, take Arch. If you want to have money (and spend a lot of that on materials - keep that in mind) take slicing.

Omite
12.13.2011 , 08:14 AM | #3
Thanks. I was thinking slicing for the rare schematics as well as creds. Now I'm not sure though. Rubat is probably gonna be cheap and easily accessible. The other stuff maybe not so much.
The Darkmoon Legacy

HeavensAgent
12.13.2011 , 08:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Omite View Post
Thanks. I was thinking slicing for the rare schematics as well as creds. Now I'm not sure though. Rubat is probably gonna be cheap and easily accessible. The other stuff maybe not so much.
Most rare schematics are part of Underworld Trading, not slicing.

AngelousWang
12.13.2011 , 08:20 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensAgent View Post
Most rare schematics are part of Underworld Trading, not slicing.
Investigation and slicing actually. Read.
CE VIP

HeavensAgent
12.13.2011 , 08:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
Investigation and slicing actually. Read.
You're using outdated information. Beta observations and more recent developer posts reveal that most rare schematics are found using Underworld Trading.

Omite
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #7
Cool! So if I take UWT and arch I should have all the shems I need as well as the crystals and whatnot?
The Darkmoon Legacy

HeavensAgent
12.13.2011 , 08:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Omite View Post
Cool! So if I take UWT and arch I should have all the shems I need as well as the crystals and whatnot?
Nope. Most rare schematics does not translate into all rare schematics. To be totally self-sufficient you'd have to level multiple characters in different companion skills.

That said, as a Synthweaver the most efficient combination of skills is Synthweaving/Archaeology/Underworld Trading.

ToriasKahn
12.13.2011 , 08:58 AM | #9
If you are a synthweaver, you will need Archaeology and Underworld Trading for your other skills.
CE VIP Card Holder

Alexbeav
12.13.2011 , 08:58 AM | #10
Synthweaving by itself will be providing you with good base recipes for items. Remember that you can reverse engineer anything you create to get a fraction of it's materials back as well as a chance to discover a more 'advanced' version of the item. You can do this up to 'purple' level-item. (i.e. you take a green item you just crafted, R/E it, and you may learn a blue recipe, craft the blue, R/E it and you may learn the 'top' recipe, purple).

Hope it helps. For the record, I went with Archa & UT and didn't have much of a problem crafting with Synthweaving.
Mature PvE Guild - Frostclaw EU