Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why this game needs more Looking For Group support

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why this game needs more Looking For Group support

Orrow
01.15.2012 , 02:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Anfinn View Post
Unless they implement a functioning lfg tool they will eventualy loose all the casual players, if you have 2 hrs of time to play, you dont want to spend them idling in fleet spamming...
Not just casual players, anyone that plays at off peak hours cant really do any group content either. Trying to get a flashpoint group anytime after midnight becomes impossible. I guess we should all suffer though because people are hell bent on creating "communities" rather then letting people play the damn game.

SemiProBBQ
01.15.2012 , 02:40 AM | #22
lol to all the people posting why swtor shouldnt have a lfg tool, you need to get your heads out your ***** and quit trolling, a lfg tool wouldn't do anything but make it easier to find a group, if you like to spend extra time spamming the channel that's your business but there isn't a good reason that it SHOULDN'T be in the game
When it comes to personal strength and character the Jedi are stronger than the Sith. It's easier to succumb to your emotions and to your darker side but it takes discipline to keep that part of yourself in check. After all the years of war and bloodshed it is the light side that prevails.

Draloch
01.15.2012 , 02:56 AM | #23
There are definitely issues that need to be addressed as far as the difficulty of finding a group. I'm 100% opposed to any tool that auto groups me. I've quickly burned out of other games when this sort of thing was implemented.

I'd really like to see an LFG tool where you could flag yourself by quest or flashpoint/operation. Then people could do a search for anyone flagged LFG for something that they wanted to do and get a list of players who also want to do that.

I do think that talking to other people is core to a successful MMORPG community and autogroupers pretty much take that aspect of the game away.

As far as making a suggestion for players who want to get the most out of the game the way it is now, I recommend sending whispers to people who you think might possibly be a candidate for a flashpoint you want to run, rather than typing an advertisement in a chat channel. You may have to whisper alot of people, but I've found that a little bit of persistence as far as trying new people pays off and I've met alot of really good people by doing that.

Alcarinn
01.15.2012 , 03:15 AM | #24
Only bad anti social and ignorant players do not get groups fast.

I am on The Red Eclipse very heavy populated server and at 5 pm GMT+1(+2 in winter time or CET) I get groups in a matter of minutes...

Ofcourse getting group at 7 am is going to be hard...

Thats why i lvl a planet from 8 am to 4 pm (and have breaks make lunch, go for drinks) then at 4 i do space dailies pvp dailis* and then ask for groups from 5pm and have no problem getting tons of groups whenever i like.

So just think when the population is the highest.

Now before saying you dont have all that time.... then log at 6 and play fp next day log at 6 and do pve questing and rinse and repeat and stop crying.

Lazzerswords
01.15.2012 , 03:35 AM | #25
Pfft don't let those EQ UO ghouls dissuade you. This game needs a LFG tool. It actually makes more sense for this game to have than warcraft. The holonet makes a perfect LFG tool in terms of lore

IronFirewind
01.15.2012 , 04:24 AM | #26
The game does need one badly. I've spent 3 days trying to do the FP for my main's level range as a Healer. I've tried advertising in trade, the planet the FP's range is at, Fleet, the Flashpoint custom channel and nothing. DPS and Tank alts I get near instant invites but as a healer I can be waiting for days for an invite. It's like FFXI all over again (which by the way is 10 years old and has a far superior LFG system than a modern day MMO)

You know how I finally got that FP done? Got 3 bored Lv50 friends I roleplay with to "help" by facerolling the sodding thing.

I suppose that this is the "social experience" that Bioware wants up to experience. I mean, anything to avoid being like WoW right even though half of the classes are directly ripped from it? \o/
Lilisetté - Assassin | The Progenitor EU (RP)

KaiHeilos
01.15.2012 , 05:29 AM | #27
This game needs a lot of improvements on its LFG system. Most of the people arguing against it seem to be simply narrow minded fools who think that because they play in prime time and have a couple of friends they can play with that the rest of us should be the same. Some of us work odd hours or have other commitments that mean we play at different times, or our server doesn't have as much population. Sitting in the fleet and typing "LFM Foundry" repeatedly isn't social, its asinine and shouldn't be a requirement to enjoying the game.

The currentl LFG system isn't obvious enough and isn't referenced anywhere in the game to direct people to it. The search is exremely limited and the window is too small for a decent LFG note.

It needs fixing.

Alcarinn
01.15.2012 , 05:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
This game needs a lot of improvements on its LFG system. Most of the people arguing against it seem to be simply narrow minded fools who think that because they play in prime time and have a couple of friends they can play with that the rest of us should be the same. Some of us work odd hours or have other commitments that mean we play at different times, or our server doesn't have as much population. Sitting in the fleet and typing "LFM Foundry" repeatedly isn't social, its asinine and shouldn't be a requirement to enjoying the game.

The currentl LFG system isn't obvious enough and isn't referenced anywhere in the game to direct people to it. The search is exremely limited and the window is too small for a decent LFG note.

It needs fixing.
Sorry i can get a group at 1 am at 8 am and at 5pm local time aka CET...

if you cannot find 1 person to play a flashpoint with you you simply suck at social part of the game.... all you need is to be 2 lvls above instance req aka quest needs to be grind and find another whose quest is also green then companions will do roughly 90% of player DPS...

problem SOLVED.

but ofcourse if you want to do orange quests you need to be 4 man party.

Game needs GLOBAL LFG channel ill agree up to that point.

KaiHeilos
01.15.2012 , 05:53 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcarinn View Post
if you cannot find 1 person to play a flashpoint with you you simply suck at social part of the game.... all you need is to be 2 lvls above instance req aka quest needs to be grind and find another whose quest is also green then companions will do roughly 90% of player DPS...

problem SOLVED.
So make sure that I overgear and overlevel the flashpoint and hope there is someone else out their doing the same, great solution, you're amazing sir.

/sarcasm

There's no reason why this game shouldn't have a decent, working LFG system that's easy to use and find. Just a bunch of people going "I can get a group so everyone should be able to".

Falkelord
01.15.2012 , 05:54 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Introvertus View Post
Answer me this.

Why is a LFG tool so bad? What is there to lose from implementing something (anything) that makes finding a group less painstaking. I'm obviously not alone in my opinions, and my sub is just as valuable to Bioware as yours. Why does the mere suggestion of making finding a group easier get met with so much hatred?

Obviously we have different opinions of what is and isn't fun.
And obviously I'm not alone in my opinions either.

My personal opposition to the LFG tool stems from the fact that it doesn't produce any better results than spamming the /1.

Point and case is WoW. I drag them out because there was a very real problem they strove to deal with when they created the LFG tool: people (especially low-levels) having difficulty finding a group. In theory, it was a good solution. It would put 3 dps, a tank, and a healer in a group and also cut down on waiting to find that elusive 5th man.

The problem that arose fairly quickly, however, was that those on low-population servers still wouldn't have low wait times due to the amount of people queuing was just as low. Additionally, there was a huge imbalance in the DPS:Healer:Tank ratios (hint: healers were in short supply, tanks doubly so).

This was the reason they implemented a cross-server LFG tool. Low pop servers could be matched with high pop servers, everyone wins. Except creating this level of anonymity led to the steady degradation of the social order in game (it became log on, press I, click "LFG", wait, get group, don't talk, just finish the instance, get gear, do it again and again and again and again and again and again until you were up to par with the people who were NOT using the LFG tool, be they pvp or pve)

My point, tl;dr, is the LFG is a slippery slope. Sure, it's a great idea to be able to automate the boring tasks. But once you automate those, you start to automate everything else. And why would I want to play a game where I don't do anything on my own, the game helps me do it?

I don't. That's why I quit WoW. I quit to join TOR so I didn't have to put up with that ****.

And that's why I am vehemently opposed to the LFG tool.

Say what you will about social order degrading or not, but the proof is every time you log onto WoW, there are hundreds just jumping around Org/SW waiting for queues to pop and nothing but trolls talking in /1. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to accept the spamming of general being full of "LFG Athiss" if it isn't instead full of "If they call it legend of zelda, how come the main character is named link?"
http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.