Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Sith are the dumbest villains ever.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Sith are the dumbest villains ever.

Lokai
01.14.2012 , 05:07 PM | #21
have to sort of take a step back, and understand why they are the way they are and it boils down to this one phrase.

" survival of the fittest"

as a master if you can not defeat your student you are not worthy of being the master. The problem is that way this code was interpreted over the eons i am betting was not way it was ment to be used. To me sith code talks about being bound by chains of destiny and breaking them through strength and honor and taking what you have right to take. The issue is that code seems to have been warped by many, now using murder, and guile and subterfuge to do the deed. Example,

Spoiler

in end its how the code is interpreted, and i am my friend both love the sith, and empire but at same time we don't believe being a sith means your auto dark V in fact we tend to both walk a line between the two, we use our passions to achieve our goals but this doesn't mean mindless killing! is how WE interpreted the code, but others will see it different. It is same for any religion, and faith of the real world.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Merihim
01.14.2012 , 05:09 PM | #22
He atleast the sith code makes more sense then the jedi code.
"You have allowed this Darklord to twist your mind, untill now, untill now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy"
"Don't lecture me, Obi-wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Darkside as you do"

Tahana
01.14.2012 , 05:10 PM | #23
as a sentinel i have quite a few ds points. there are many 'ls/ds' options where the ds seems to be more of a ls way to go..

Spoiler
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

Mustard
01.14.2012 , 05:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Katrar View Post
TOR Sith are dumb caricatures of Sith philosophy, which is far more nuanced and understandable (though disagreeable) than written into this game.

This game was designed from the ground up not for knowledgeable Star Wars fans, or mature adults that could become Star Wars fans. It was designed from the ground up to appeal to 12 year olds, and nuance went right out the window.

So... if you think there is something seriously wrong with the way Sith are portrayed on this game, it is because you are right.

So... what exactly is the Sith's philosophy?

Toasted_Coconuts
01.14.2012 , 05:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
Let's look at the Jedi code for a moment, just to see how ridiculous BW's duality is:

1. I am going to sacrifice my ability to get married and have a family because somewhere, someplace, someone might use my family against me. This problem apparently only affects Jedi, and no other powerful people, like Princes, Senators, Generals, etc.

2. My justification for not having any familial ties will be that things like family can cause a Jedi to lose focus on his passionless existence, and losing such focus might cause Jedi to fall. Jedi falling away from the order should be prevented, so I will implement a policy that, by itself, causes Jedi to fall from the order.

3. I believe that being a passionless automoton is noble, and that having passions is the path to the dark side. And I will use the light side to kill anyone who attempts to upset this natural order.

4. I will only get light side points for supporting weakness, even though weakness never won a war. So if I make choices that support the Republic military because they're, you know, fighting and dying in a war, over regular citizens, I consider that evil and get dark side points for that, even though that is, in fact, the logical thing to do for both the soldiers and the future good of the citizens.

5. I will do everything I can to pretend I don't have normal emotions, including completely squelching any hint of a personality I may have.

Sounds an awful like a catholic priest... and we all know what they have hidden in their closets. lol

Thaed
01.14.2012 , 05:17 PM | #26
I'm not sure about the force users, but I had a few actual difficult moral choices on my agent. Take, for example, the end of Act 1.

Spoiler

Took me a while to decide on that one.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

xXCheXGuevaraXx
01.14.2012 , 05:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Maigrey View Post
The Jedi and the Sith are both pretty moronic.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. , says a Jedi, who deal in absolutes just as much.
"Well from my point of view the Jedi are evil."

"THEN YOU ARE LOST RAWRAWRAWRRWRAWRWR"

DarthHogger
01.14.2012 , 05:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BanishedSith View Post
Indeed, there's no real fun in just killing everyone all the time. Personally Sith that value honor in relation to power seem pretty cool to me.
Killing everyone all the time is what makes me happy.

Salmissra
01.14.2012 , 05:18 PM | #29
You guys are completely confusing "Dark Side" with "The Sith" here. You're also confusing "Murderous Rampager" with "Cunning Deception".

These are not the same thing.

There is a huge difference between a Sith who murders as whimsy and one who twists resources towards her own goals.

A Sith is perfectly capable of allowing someone to live (Light Side choice) in return for unquestioning loyalty / betrayal of former masters (furthers Sith goals)

The most powerful Sith didn't just kill everyone they met. They gained followers and the loyalty of millions through deception, bribery, shared goals/views/beliefs, etc.

I've never had any problem rationalizing my 10,000 LS / 0 DS Bounty Hunter as a member of the Sith Empire.

Just like plenty of Jedi could be falling to the Dark Side but working to advance the Republic's goals.

Quote:
my question is.. how can there ever be more than two sith if the apprentice always kills the master? and if a master takes two apprentices, who gets to kill the master and what does the other one do to 'graduate'??
The "Rule of Two" http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_Two
is not followed/formalized at this time of the game.

abishe
01.14.2012 , 05:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MBirdy View Post
I'm sorry but they are.... the whole sith code and thier logic is just completely stupid.

"Oh hi, im going to learn from my master, then kill him, then train an apprentice then get killed by him"

"Im gonna kill and hurt everyone I see because numbers arnt important in a war, yet we seem to have such a bigger army than the republic out of nowhere".

"Im gonna save my wife by killing everyone I ever liked and then kill here... because that makes sense."

I dont get it, oh sure opposite of light side, but in a completely stupid manor.
you sound just like a sith, you happends to play one?