Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Sith are the dumbest villains ever.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Sith are the dumbest villains ever.

KilledByDeath
01.14.2012 , 04:57 PM | #11
My problem with the Sith is the fact that they don't even seem to understand their own code. Nowhere in there does it say "murder everyone ever and kick puppies in the face because it's fun." I don't really understand where that came from, other than Bioware trying really hard to make Sith the "bad guys"...

Mannic
01.14.2012 , 04:57 PM | #12
Let's look at the Jedi code for a moment, just to see how ridiculous BW's duality is:

1. I am going to sacrifice my ability to get married and have a family because somewhere, someplace, someone might use my family against me. This problem apparently only affects Jedi, and no other powerful people, like Princes, Senators, Generals, etc.

2. My justification for not having any familial ties will be that things like family can cause a Jedi to lose focus on his passionless existence, and losing such focus might cause Jedi to fall. Jedi falling away from the order should be prevented, so I will implement a policy that, by itself, causes Jedi to fall from the order.

3. I believe that being a passionless automoton is noble, and that having passions is the path to the dark side. And I will use the light side to kill anyone who attempts to upset this natural order.

4. I will only get light side points for supporting weakness, even though weakness never won a war. So if I make choices that support the Republic military because they're, you know, fighting and dying in a war, over regular citizens, I consider that evil and get dark side points for that, even though that is, in fact, the logical thing to do for both the soldiers and the future good of the citizens.

5. I will do everything I can to pretend I don't have normal emotions, including completely squelching any hint of a personality I may have.

Katrar
01.14.2012 , 04:57 PM | #13
TOR Sith are dumb caricatures of Sith philosophy, which is far more nuanced and understandable (though disagreeable) than written into this game.

This game was designed from the ground up not for knowledgeable Star Wars fans, or mature adults that could become Star Wars fans. It was designed from the ground up to appeal to 12 year olds, and nuance went right out the window.

So... if you think there is something seriously wrong with the way Sith are portrayed on this game, it is because you are right.
HARBINGERS OF CHAOS
Sith Wyrm | PvE/PvP
www.hocgaming.com

Swampson
01.14.2012 , 04:59 PM | #14
LOL, I had to laugh at this... cos I've beenplaying through this game thinking the same thing.
Damn us Sith are stupid! Just how the hell did we manage to build an Empire?

We seem to spend most of our time killing each other..

Tahana
01.14.2012 , 04:59 PM | #15
my question is.. how can there ever be more than two sith if the apprentice always kills the master? and if a master takes two apprentices, who gets to kill the master and what does the other one do to 'graduate'??

seems all rather convoluted to me.
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

KilledByDeath
01.14.2012 , 05:03 PM | #16
Also, yes, how does the empire even have everyday citizens and soldiers? Why would anyone join up when they're just as likely to be stabbed in the face by any random sith - their supposed leaders - as not? Why would anyone have loyalty to that kind of system?

Costello
01.14.2012 , 05:04 PM | #17
I agree all my sith go grey and then I have to use diplomacy to make sure they can use anything decent in the terms of colour crystals.

Take the Darkside options from Black Talon.

Spoiler

So the Darkside is written as being the stupid option. And this is seen almost everywhere in the game and even the other sith seem to have seen this. In the Nar Shaddar bonus series

Spoiler

sittal
01.14.2012 , 05:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
my question is.. how can there ever be more than two sith if the apprentice always kills the master? and if a master takes two apprentices, who gets to kill the master and what does the other one do to 'graduate'??

seems all rather convoluted to me.
about 1000 years before the movies, darth bane instituted the rule of two because of how destructive and moronic he felt the sith were. he killed every other sith (and many jedi) and wrote the rule that says there can only be a single master and apprentice. that was never followed very well, but kept the sith numbers smaller and much easier to hide.

HELhikari
01.14.2012 , 05:05 PM | #19
I have some LS points because I've looked at the DS option and gone "No, that's a stupid idea - it just gimps the Empire."
[HEL]hikari
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.

Liquidacid
01.14.2012 , 05:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by KilledByDeath View Post
Also, yes, how does the empire even have everyday citizens and soldiers? Why would anyone join up when they're just as likely to be stabbed in the face by any random sith - their supposed leaders - as not? Why would anyone have loyalty to that kind of system?
why would anyone live in North Korea? or why do people live in crappy 3rd world war torn countries in Africa? Why do people live in France? ... it happens
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.