Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Secret to Guardian Tanking

seraphimm
12.13.2011 , 08:06 AM | #1
Still no changes to our tree or abilities and the 10+ patches applied have been largely redundant with several duplicate attempts to fix the same thing. The small patches that don't seem to actually be moving in the direction of improving actual game play or cinematic / shadow improvements make me wonder when the first actual fixes will be coming.

As I don't visit game forums much I haven't been on to keep the post fresh (or even read the posted replies).

I am surprised this post is still stickied and have asked it be pulled down, at least until there are some meaningful patches that are aimed towards game/cinematic fixes.

This space is reserved until then.
- Collector's Edition - Grand Master Zym server
SERAPHIMM - Jedi Guardian /Hybrid tank: Light side // ENACRA - Scoundrel Sawbones: Dark side // LUMINISSA - Commando Combat medic: Neutral // LUMINATTA - Sith Marauder: Light side // ANACRA - Mercenary Body Guard: Dark side

Jonlo
12.13.2011 , 08:21 AM | #2
Jeez you weren't kidding when you said you had a whole guide worked up for that.

Demitries
12.13.2011 , 08:29 AM | #3
Hello to you again! And thank you for restarting this debate. To be honest though this may be a new build and if it is, I want to see how blade barrier holds up before running any kind of numbers again. I also want to see first hand how hard I'm being hit.

Other than that, from what numbers I have run, this is theoretically viable, and it does improve the harder you are hit. Somewhere between getting hit for 2 and 3K a pop, Blade Barrier loses it's effectiveness to this trick. And if he says this trick is viable, as he had done it in beta, I'll take his word for it.

Duren_Col
12.13.2011 , 08:32 AM | #4
Yea thats a awesome book but I'll make my descision how to spec and play when I play sure I'll make mistakes but thats the fun of it why rush to all the answers when you can work hard for it and get that feeling of accomplisment
==========================================
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ HATERS GONNA HATE. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

Jonlo
12.13.2011 , 08:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Demitries View Post
Hello to you again! And thank you for restarting this debate. To be honest though this may be a new build and if it is, I want to see how blade barrier holds up before running any kind of numbers again. I also want to see first hand how hard I'm being hit.

Other than that, from what numbers I have run, this is theoretically viable, and it does improve the harder you are hit. Somewhere between getting hit for 2 and 3K a pop, Blade Barrier loses it's effectiveness to this trick. And if he says this trick is viable, as he had done it in beta, I'll take his word for it.
If they improved Blade Barrier. That would be nice. I also wish that Protector and Unremitting got bumped over to the Def tree...

Arelian
12.13.2011 , 08:36 AM | #6
well for those of us who haven't decided which way they're going yet, EVEN AFTER BETA TESTING , thank you!
Arelia - Council Member of
Defenders of the Faith!

Home Page - Application

GreebGoblin
12.13.2011 , 08:38 AM | #7
Great post, I'm bookmarking this

Arrakeen
12.13.2011 , 08:42 AM | #8
Thanks for the guide. I was playing a Guardian during my first playthrough in beta and was struggling to meet the demands of a tank role.
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur. - "Today is a good day for someone else to die."

seraphimm
12.13.2011 , 08:51 AM | #9
Only positive posts so far?

Thanks everyone, It may not be perfect, but I hope it helps!
- Collector's Edition - Grand Master Zym server
SERAPHIMM - Jedi Guardian /Hybrid tank: Light side // ENACRA - Scoundrel Sawbones: Dark side // LUMINISSA - Commando Combat medic: Neutral // LUMINATTA - Sith Marauder: Light side // ANACRA - Mercenary Body Guard: Dark side

Fliguy
12.13.2011 , 09:08 AM | #10
Subscribed. Thanks for posting it!
If you want peace, prepare for war.