Super pissed off

Omniwing

IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN I'D BE IN TODAY IF I PRE-ORDERED THE GAME IN JULY, I WOULD HAVE PRE ORDERED THE GAME IN JULY. BUT I HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING. SO I DIDN'T PRE ORDER UNTIL DECEMBER!

This entry wave idea is totally, totally unfair and is a bunch of bullcrap. I'm sitting here with my f'n thumb up my butt while others are getting *SO* far ahead that I'm going to be stuck behind and not able to compete.

Obviously the people who made this game have *NEVER* played an MMO for 5 seconds in their entire life or they would realize that people having 3 or more days ahead of me for playtime are going to have a *HUGE FREAKING ADVANTAGE* That is going to take an unbelievable amount of time to catch up, because while I'm busy playing when I finally get access, they will be to and they'll STILL Have the 70 hours or whatever of playtime that I wasn't allowed to do *ANYTHING*

If this was a single player game or something I'd understand but you're SCREWING UP MY CHANCES TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE WITH PEOPLE by doing this. Its *UNFAIR* It isn't freaking fair. And I'm super pissed about it, and the people who implemented this idea are IDIOTS. If you let someone get in on day 1 you should let EVERYONE OR NOBODY in. This is giving them a HUGE UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. DAMNIT

DAMNIT

TL;DR: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Edited by Omniwing

Someone will most likely always be ahead of you, and in case you didn't notice setp., pre-orders are already getting in, by tomorrow everyone will be in and get 5 days. You should be very, very happy that you'll be getting 5 days of full access. Find something fun to do until then!

How are you unable to compete with anyone else?

Are you using the PVP argument? Does everyone on the PVP create their toons at the exact same time and level in perfect harmony? Are you never allowed to roll an alt on a PVP server?

bioware / EA didn't know, either.

they're just making the best decisions they can right now to ensure a smoother launch. imagine if EVERYONE who got early access and EVERYONE who didn't preorder etc ALL tried on tuesday? NO chance.

that = BAD launch.

just deal w/it, grow up

cry more?

IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN I'D BE IN TODAY IF I PRE-ORDERED THE GAME IN JULY, I WOULD HAVE PRE ORDERED THE GAME IN JULY. BUT I HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING. SO I DIDN'T PRE ORDER UNTIL DECEMBER!

This entry wave idea is totally, totally unfair and is a bunch of bullcrap. I'm sitting here with my f'n thumb up my butt while others are getting *SO* far ahead that I'm going to be stuck behind and not able to compete.

Obviously the people who made this game have *NEVER* played an MMO for 5 seconds in their entire life or they would realize that people having 3 or more days ahead of me for playtime are going to have a *HUGE FREAKING ADVANTAGE* That is going to take an unbelievable amount of time to catch up, because while I'm busy playing when I finally get access, they will be to and they'll STILL Have the 70 hours or whatever of playtime that I wasn't allowed to do *ANYTHING*

If this was a single player game or something I'd understand but you're SCREWING UP MY CHANCES TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE WITH PEOPLE by doing this. Its *UNFAIR* It isn't freaking fair. And I'm super pissed about it, and the people who implemented this idea are IDIOTS. If you let someone get in on day 1 you should let EVERYONE OR NOBODY in. This is giving them a HUGE UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. DAMNIT

DAMNIT

TL;DR: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

They clearly said that the order of early access would follow in terms of the chronlogical date in which you entered your early access code. I entered mine in on August 22nd and got early access today.

Sadly my finals don't end till Friday, so I can't play till then anyways. I feel bad and wish I could give someone my spot since I won't be logging in till then.

I've started playing World of Wacraft when Wrath of the Lich King was out and competed with the Top Guilds in PvP and PvE. That is more than 4 years after launch.

You think a few days will change anything? What exactly are you competing for? There are no achievements for first to 50 or anything so really there's nothing to worry about. When you get in the game just take your time, enjoy the story, level up your crafts and play in the economy.

I'd say the impact of not getting in day 0 is little to none whoever you are, unless of course you want to exploit people which yes I admit, you could get a little edge in..

Looking at your post, you are the one that have no clue what competition is in a MMO and the ammount of time it take to have a toon ready to compete.

and Yea I played WoW (PvE and PvP competitive)

Rift (witch I started a couple MONTH after launch and still was compeittive in P6 gear in pvp pretty early)

DAOC (back in SI, grinding was a pain)

This game have no world first title or acheivement, their is no competition in PvE and the game design is not make for it either (they stated that before)

The only competition might come from some Open zone PvP since in BG, you will always have 4 pug player at least in your team.

So for open world PvP (witch is not fully design yet) you still have time to catch up.

Following your reasonning, EGA should never be implemented in the first place because you will get advantage over someone who buy the game at retail date.

Greetings Everyone!

We understand that Early Access and the waves of emails for access to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is a hot topic right now. We ask that you please join the ** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread ** and join the conversation there. This will help keep the forums organized. We'll be closing this thread now so you can join the discussion already in progress.