Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No way to purchase digital edition as a gift?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
No way to purchase digital edition as a gift?

RhadamanthNemes
12.14.2011 , 10:14 AM | #1
I was really hoping to purchase two digital downloads of the game as gifts for Christmas for some friends. Turns out this is nearly impossible - I already talked to EA customer service and got a very apologetic response about how crappy Origin is in this regard. I'm posting here in case anyone has found a way of doing this. Any ideas?

- I DON'T want the them attached to my account, obviously
- I DON'T want to create Origin accounts for my friends using their email addresses, obviously (because they'll start getting emails about it)

Ideally I just want to give them a Christmas card with a game code in it. Wouldn't that be nice and simple?

The only suggestion EA had was to create bogus email accounts and Origin accounts for them. This seems utterly ridiculous to me.

I wish this game was available on Steam - gift purchases are dead simple there. Origin is a train wreck.

VikingGamer
12.14.2011 , 10:25 AM | #2
I agree. I was really surprised to not find any gifting options on Origin. Huge design oversite. I would have bought 3 digital accounts this way. As it is, Amazon gets the profit on boxes.
Superior General of the Ordo Custodis