Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ongoing Rattataki Compilation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
The Ongoing Rattataki Compilation

Sacredless
01.19.2012 , 06:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PrinceOmnius View Post
This is amazing work thanks. Rattataki are amazing but the only thing I don't understand is why this warrior race can't become Sith Warriors.
I expect because Bioware didn't want to give a single race all classes(apart from humans, muttermutter) and they wanted to have the Rattataki Inquisitor to allow Ventress-like characters. After all, Ventress was a sith Assassin and as such a role model for many Rattataki(even though she was Rattataki only by culture rather than race).

Guildrum
01.19.2012 , 02:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sacredless View Post
I expect because Bioware didn't want to give a single race all classes(apart from humans, muttermutter) and they wanted to have the Rattataki Inquisitor to allow Ventress-like characters. After all, Ventress was a sith Assassin and as such a role model for many Rattataki(even though she was Rattataki only by culture rather than race).
They wanted Humans and Zabrak to be the only ones that could be all of them.

But I don't see why they cannot be SW anyhow, just remove Cyborg from the list and replace them with Rattataki.

mblogic
01.20.2012 , 07:51 AM | #13
sorry but isn't sith inquisitor' story in contraddiction with rattataki lore?

Spoiler

kitsunegirl
01.20.2012 , 08:40 AM | #14
The above post is replied to in the spoilers below:
Spoiler

I have a Ratta BH, and I was trying to think of a good storyline to go with for her, and after reading this info, I have one. I just love the hardass look of the Ratta girls, especially with all the piercings I wish other classes could have the ritual scarring that the SI Ratta can have.

As for lineage, I believe on Rattatak, whomever is strongest is the matriarch or patriarch. If a little skinny girl comes in and beats the crap out of everyone and proclaims herself as the leader of the clan. Guess what? You're now beholden to a little skinny girl. lol

zerohour
01.20.2012 , 11:37 AM | #15
Thanks for this, bookmarking, and best of luck with gathering more information, I await eagerly.
The Progenitor - Rakim, Sith Inquisitor
Euro-Farstar SWG Player - Fishy'Fishy.

Biggrouse
01.21.2012 , 12:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mblogic View Post
sorry but isn't sith inquisitor' story in contraddiction with rattataki lore?

Spoiler
the way i look at it is

Spoiler

Soultranna
01.21.2012 , 01:50 PM | #17
The 'ritual scarring' options that you see on the SI models are most likely slave brands.
"If you'll excuse me, I have to create a hangover to nurse." - Gault Rennow

Just another person behind a keyboard escaping reality for a while.

kitsunegirl
01.21.2012 , 03:27 PM | #18
If thats how you want to see the markings thats fine with me, but they are a bit too extensive for slave markings.

Sacredless
01.21.2012 , 06:12 PM | #19
I'll take a look at the markings. Also, it appears that Rattataki men can sport beards, which is opposite to what I believed; I thought that Rattataki wear completely hairless. Will be making a collage of Rattataki tomorrow.

Sacredless
01.21.2012 , 06:27 PM | #20
The ritual scarring is specific to the SI class and every race can have them. Warriors do not have the same options, meaning that it has specifically to do with being an inquisitor, not being a sith.

Reviewing the material, I see little reason to believe these scarrings are marks from enslavement. These markings seem arcane in their nature. The scars are also meant to represent the inquisitor background, not being a slave. I think it's rather incredable(note, not incredible, but incredable) to presume that every inquisitor has been a slave and that Bioware calculated their character creation towards a miscellaneous item of the character's background.

There is also no cross-referencing that I know of that these scarrings indicate a past of slavery. I've not encountered such in other material before and I must therefore induct that this is not the case here. Seeing that it is implied nowhere else that these markings are connected, I must conclude that they are not so.