Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Consular forum seem to have the best...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
The Consular forum seem to have the best...

TimTheEnchantor
12.14.2011 , 10:07 AM | #1
....bunch of people I've seen on the forums thus far. Amazing wealth of information and a good group of people all patiently waiting, contributing and being just awesome.

This makes me proud to be a Consular.

Varcan
12.14.2011 , 10:10 AM | #2
It does go hand in hand with who this class was designed to appeal to.

I just assume all the whiners in the general forum are rolling Inquisitor...i kid, i kid

Qlarity
12.14.2011 , 10:58 AM | #3
Most played classes get the most attention, obviously.

Spilltray
12.14.2011 , 11:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Varcan View Post
It does go hand in hand with who this class was designed to appeal to.

I just assume all the whiners in the general forum are rolling Inquisitor...i kid, i kid
The funny thing is, you are probably right.

Part of the reason I am dead set on playing republic instead of Sith is the fact that all the people that want "cool" and "now" seem to be gravitating towards the Sith. Even then, the classes seem designed and set up to appeal to people's mindsets. There will always be FOTM rerollers, but I think it might actually be somewhat minimized by Bioware's focus on an almost "story first" MMO.

The Consular forum does seem one of the best ones, although I'll have to say, I've had plenty of ease looking for info in the Trooper forum as well. Kinda a "pick your buddy up" mindset almost there.

PewPewMatt
12.14.2011 , 11:48 AM | #5
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
And I know I know I know I know I know I want you (Consular)

Liaskar
12.14.2011 , 12:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Qlarity View Post
Most played classes get the most attention, obviously.
Oh, please. There's more threads and just as many posts in the smuggler forum. You guys get plenty of attention.

Sage
Scoundrel

TaishoD
12.14.2011 , 01:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Liaskar View Post
Oh, please. There's more threads and just as many posts in the smuggler forum. You guys get plenty of attention.
Lol yeah. Wandered over to the smuggler forum when I got sick of all the QQing over at general discussion and found that people had set up a virtual cantina over there. Very refreshing to say the least. :P

I do have to say though that the consular class guides are some of the most comprehensive I've seen, and more of the posters in here do stand out for their knowledge of the game.

TiVOs
12.14.2011 , 01:05 PM | #8
It's been my experience that the tank and healer roles tend to attract a different kind of mindset. Nothing against DPSers, I enjoy breaking out the beat-stick on occasion myself, but the type of person who wants to play a class who's primary attribute is taking care of others is naturally going to be a bit more helpful and friendly on the forums. Not that there aren't helpful, friendly DPSers or rude, inconsiderate healers. Just more bad apples tend to gravitate to the DPS classes, apparently.
<><
"Don't feed the trolls!" ~Proverbs 9:7-9
The Alcyon Legacy

Emureis
12.14.2011 , 04:15 PM | #9
JCs are the seeker of knowledge. So of course our forums will reflect this.

Vecsus
12.14.2011 , 04:35 PM | #10
I must admit that I had originally planned to play a Sith - either a Jugger or an Assassin. I changed my mind when I saw not only the volume of people playing those classes but also the relative maturity level of the players. I agree with the impression that the Sith classes will, for the most part, draw a larger number of kids and parents-basement-dwellers than most other classes (BH seems to be a close second).

I also avoided playing any of the Republic Force-user classes in the T-day beta weekend. So it will all be a surprise for me. And now that it is looking increasingly likely that nearly everyone will be in the game tomorrow, if not friday, I will be spending a lot of time learning how to be a healer this weekend.
Vecsus
Class: undecided