Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SOA (EV) - "Wipe" Failsafe?

Mysquine
01.14.2012 , 06:28 AM | #1
So, I've heard a few other people have had the problem, but Soa..

Has anyone thought "How do you get back down if you kill Soa and wipe?" or get stuck in combat, cannot res and have to /stuck (which insta kills you) and teleports you out?

Clearly - Bioware haven't.

After a lengthy 4 hour discussion with a Customer Support Agent and another day of no responses from Customer Support, we have still been unable to claim our loot from a boss which we killed and was unable to loot.

We have been fobbed off and for what? A Silly bug that keeps you in combat after he dies, bugs people in mind traps and then no way to get down to the final stage of the boss encounter?

All I can say is Bio ware really don't seem to have thought much through, not even a slow fall buff or a speeder to take you back down there.

Customer support is a joke, and the spelling is terrible - he had a hard time understanding us, and at one point the "GM" or Customer Support even said he would TANK Soa for us, little did he realise despite us telling him we had killed him that he would not re-spawn till next week.

After being told to remake a ticket which would be put up to the top priority (Clearly their top priority is sitting around twiddling their thumbs or dealing with multiple tickets over how someone is called Darthmául) because we have still not had ANY response.

All Im wondering is has anyone else had this problem with Soa? Or has anyone found a way to safely get down there without falling to your deaths.

Shammus
01.14.2012 , 06:31 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mysquine View Post
So, I've heard a few other people have had the problem, but Soa..

Has anyone thought "How do you get back down if you kill Soa and wipe?" or get stuck in combat, cannot res and have to /stuck (which insta kills you) and teleports you out?

Clearly - Bioware haven't.

After a lengthy 4 hour discussion with a Customer Support Agent and another day of no responses from Customer Support, we have still been unable to claim our loot from a boss which we killed and was unable to loot.

We have been fobbed off and for what? A Silly bug that keeps you in combat after he dies, bugs people in mind traps and then no way to get down to the final stage of the boss encounter?

All I can say is Bio ware really don't seem to have thought much through, not even a slow fall buff or a speeder to take you back down there.

Customer support is a joke, and the spelling is terrible - he had a hard time understanding us, and at one point the "GM" or Customer Support even said he would TANK Soa for us, little did he realise despite us telling him we had killed him that he would not re-spawn till next week.

After being told to remake a ticket which would be put up to the top priority (Clearly their top priority is sitting around twiddling their thumbs or dealing with multiple tickets over how someone is called Darthmául) because we have still not had ANY response.

All Im wondering is has anyone else had this problem with Soa? Or has anyone found a way to safely get down there without falling to your deaths.

so you're saying its impossible because everyone was inside a mindtrap? You're missing something.. there is a reason the enounter isn't "failed" while you're still alive.. inside a mindtrap or not.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
Guildmaster | Giradda the Hutt
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

Mysquine
01.14.2012 , 06:39 AM | #3
No, I am not saying its impossible. The people in mind traps were freed but did not res properly, they were "on the map" but could not see anyone, nor could anyone who was alive see them.

There is also a invisible enemy called "Mind Trap" inside the mind trap, which can cause people to be stuck in combat, even when they are kicked out. This brought everyone who was left down by the boss into combat, thus we could not res anyone.

After everyone had "died" or /stuck the corpse is down the bottom of the chamber, after you've run down ect ect, and there is nothing to get down there again. You jump - you die.

Thus, we could not loot - the GM's couldn't do anything let alone even spell correctly, or even teleport us back down to the corpse before it de-spawned.

Shammus
01.14.2012 , 06:43 AM | #4
No, I am not saying its impossible. The people in mind traps were freed but did not res properly, they were "on the map" but could not see anyone, nor could anyone who was alive see them.

There is also a invisible enemy called "Mind Trap" inside the mind trap, which can cause people to be stuck in combat, even when they are kicked out. This brought everyone who was left down by the boss into combat, thus we could not res anyone.

After everyone had "died" or /stuck the corpse is down the bottom of the chamber, after you've run down ect ect, and there is nothing to get down there again. You jump - you die.

Thus, we could not loot - the GM's couldn't do anything let alone even spell correctly, or even teleport us back down to the corpse before it de-spawned.
re-read what you just said, and think it over for your next encounter.
Sith Weapons And Tactics
You have been knocked unconscious! Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses! You died. Returning to home point, please wait...LOADING, PLEASE WAIT

sexysolo
01.14.2012 , 06:44 AM | #5
Same thing happened to my group on Saber of Exar Kun. It really is complete ******** this can happen. Let me give you a run through of it. Here's a list of everything that went wrong due to bugs.

1. We realize we are still in combat after the kill
2. One person is trapped in a mind trap
3. One person is dead in mid air from getting thrown and the body is missing (me)
4. People keep randomly getting one shot out of thin air.
5. After trying to figure out how to get people back or rez, it was impossible and every one was eventually killed randomly

As well as the weekly rarely completing for the full 8 man.

This is completely unacceptable Bioware.
Jedi Sentinel
Saber of Exar Kun

Mysquine
01.14.2012 , 06:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Shammus View Post
re-read what you just said, and think it over for your next encounter.
Not being helpful, troll else where.

paryn
01.14.2012 , 07:12 AM | #7
We had the benefit of two jedi sages in the group. We had them both jump off the ledge at the same time, and one of them force pulled the other. Only one will survive.

But this was such an oversight on the part of the developers that I pretty much view end game as a joke at this point. If Bioware wants to retain a customer for any length of period past the free month, they need to ensure that they need to perform SOME amount of What-If? scenarios.

For example, what if an operations group needs to proceed down a long shaft during a boss fight, and end up killing the boss but wiping themselves? How do they get DOWN?

In the end we ran into the same scenario as the OP, and the boss' body disappeared in the time it took us to figure out how to get down on our own.

Mysquine
01.14.2012 , 07:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by paryn View Post
We had the benefit of two jedi sages in the group. We had them both jump off the ledge at the same time, and one of them force pulled the other. Only one will survive.
We tried that with two sorcs - didn't work. The best we had was someone would bug and get stuck "off map" again, and have to exit area to become unstuck. We tried Intercede, using the walls (which have invisible walls) and everything else we could think of including Saber ward (Was doubtful that it would work but was worth a shot at this point)

Shammus
01.14.2012 , 07:16 AM | #9
Not being helpful, troll else where.
well I can't speak for the up in the air bug etc..etc..
and maybe you're annoyed but I'm not going to spoil it for you, when you do realize what I'm talking about you'll remember this post

good luck next time you go in.
Sith Weapons And Tactics

Mysquine
01.14.2012 , 07:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Shammus View Post
well I can't speak for the up in the air bug etc..etc..
and maybe you're annoyed but I'm not going to spoil it for you, when you do realize what I'm talking about you'll remember this post

good luck next time you go in.
The only thing we could do, which I've already pointed out is a) not wipe b) hope that a sorc doesn't get mind trapped before he dies c) not attack the "invisible" mind trap with an insane amount of health. (I haven't read anywhere that this would be the problem but we presumed after that it could be a contributing factor)

Apart from that there is NOTHING we could really do. You can loot the corpse and unless the ML there or if its on round robin, the others are there then people would get gimped out of loot. I've read what I've put, I've read what others have put.

But honestly - with what ever your going on about, they need a way to get back down there - Regardless of "What we did wrong" or what ever your trying to be "helpful" with and point out.