Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After hitting lvl 50, do I must do PVP?

JoonKimDMD
01.14.2012 , 05:12 AM | #1
Hi,
I am Jedi Sentinel lvl 50.
I wanted to try hard mode but people told me that my gear are not good enough.
They suggested me to play pvp warzone and get pvp gear (champion, battlemaster)

Does this mean everyone must play
normal pve --> pvp to get gear to start pve hard mode?

but what if I don't like playing PVP?
is there a way to play hard mode without pvp gear?
Where can I go get tionese commendation?

Moodsie
01.14.2012 , 05:14 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JoonKimDMD View Post
Hi,
I am Jedi Sentinel lvl 50.
I wanted to try hard mode but people told me that my gear are not good enough.
They suggested me to play pvp warzone and get pvp gear (champion, battlemaster)

Does this mean everyone must play
normal pve --> pvp to get gear to start pve hard mode?

but what if I don't like playing PVP?
is there a way to play hard mode without pvp gear?
Where can I go get tionese commendation?
Do your daily quests, easiest way to quickly improve your gear, and Ilum weeklies/dailies dont require you to pvp, but might net you some good gear aswell.
Coconut Conspiracy
Moods
"The Coconut Commander"
www.coconutconspiracy.enjin.com

Afflicted_One
01.14.2012 , 06:53 AM | #3
I have the same problem, people won't let me do Hard Mode flashpoints because I don't have decent gear, but I need to do the flashpoint in order to GET decent gear. :-/

KaiHeilos
01.14.2012 , 07:10 AM | #4
Do the flashpoints on Ilum to get level 48 blues.
Do your Ilum/Belsavis dailies and get 49 purples.

If you're wearing anything less than that you shouldn't be doing Hard Mode.

Shizoma
02.05.2012 , 07:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Afflicted_One View Post
I have the same problem, people won't let me do Hard Mode flashpoints because I don't have decent gear, but I need to do the flashpoint in order to GET decent gear. :-/
You mean you need to do regular flashpoints to get decent gear......you have to learn the fights before you even attempt hard mode....c'mon people this is not rocket science....think about what you are saying....if you haven't done regular flashpoints at level 50 you are likely to be a big drain on the team especially if you aren't properly geared. This topic comes up way too often, try it on regular first, learn the fights and contribute to the group you will be much more productive for it.

Edit: that was in now way directed at the op....just thought this comment was a little silly given the process of logic.

Boissi
02.05.2012 , 09:00 PM | #7
First thing I did after hitting 50: I went and did some pug hardmodes. Nobody knew the tactics and everyone's gear was ****. We still completed everything we set out for.

You can start with something easy, like Black Talon and Foundry (assuming you're imperial). Really don't need any gear there. Do the dailies on ilum / belsavis for the mods or, even easier, just buy purples off GTM. Money's so easy to come by. If people are saying your gear isn't good enough, just start a group yourself. I'd like to see people kick you if you're the leader. Just have confidence and go for it, because really, the easier hardmodes are ridiculously easy. Not a lot of point doing pvp if your main focus is pve, because frankly you'll have an easier time at hardmode as a fresh 50 than at a warzone.

MastaGigs
02.05.2012 , 10:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Shizoma View Post
You mean you need to do regular flashpoints to get decent gear......you have to learn the fights before you even attempt hard mode....c'mon people this is not rocket science....think about what you are saying....if you haven't done regular flashpoints at level 50 you are likely to be a big drain on the team especially if you aren't properly geared. This topic comes up way too often, try it on regular first, learn the fights and contribute to the group you will be much more productive for it.

Edit: that was in now way directed at the op....just thought this comment was a little silly given the process of logic.
Umm i did every HM on my first day of hitting 50 with nothing more then what i had picked up leveling. Granted its a sniper so passing gear check as rdps is more laxed. An you can learn the fights as you go, heck only one person in are group had done them already and we winged most of it with only one or two wipes.
Quote: Originally Posted by CupieFoxtail View Post
Welcome to a loot system where PvP gear, like PvE gear, is gained with RNG
Enjoy your stay

Pintaphilly
02.05.2012 , 11:32 PM | #9
"do I must do pvp"
Cannot compute...

Ka-tel
02.06.2012 , 03:09 AM | #10
No but doing English at some point would be wise.

But seriously.. just get orange gear then do dailies to get uber thingies to put in the orange gear. Then you'll be raid ready.