Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper story good?

01.15.2012 , 06:08 PM | #21
I like Trooper storyline to about level 30. The start isn't bad.

But later on I think the story flops. Some of the npc randoms are actually harder than the storyline end encounters. Also the storyline somehow dies off after certain point.

I didn't find Gauntlet and many other epic at all. They were just something I went through.

The separatist stronghold at the start was actually the best part of trooper story for me.
And yes I am at level 50 right now.

01.15.2012 , 07:23 PM | #22
The gaunlet just overflows the bucket when it came to my feelings about the story. I was expecting something like the esseles and it was even worse then random quest on a random planet.

They dropped the ball soooo hard on that one. It could have been much more epic.

01.15.2012 , 08:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dutchpower View Post
The gaunlet just overflows the bucket when it came to my feelings about the story. I was expecting something like the esseles and it was even worse then random quest on a random planet.

They dropped the ball soooo hard on that one. It could have been much more epic.
Yeah, I was expecting something like in original Star Wars movie. But I just respecced to Shield and let Dorne to heal me while I pressed few buttons.

01.15.2012 , 09:07 PM | #24
i play a lvl 34 combat medic 100% lightside, and i have to say i am bored to death with being lightside, if it wasnt for the fact i am almost lvl 5 lightside i would switch to become 100% darkside but then i would have all those taints from the 34 lvls of lightside choices, and i sure and the hell dont want to remake a trooper just to do the storyline over again just to roll 100% darkside
Good is saying "I will hurt you if I have to." Bad is saying "I will hurt you cause I want to."

01.15.2012 , 11:07 PM | #25
Act 1 was great as you tracked down the former members of Havoc Squad. I especially enjoyed the fight with Gearbox and the defection of Fuse.

Act 2 had a set up for an epic mission with the Gauntlet, but it wasn't that great. Like others said, it reminded me a lot of the Suicide Mission in ME2 but done in a much less interesting way.

Act 3 I have not completed yet, but it's kind of the same deal. Go here, recruit these guys for help, leave, rinse and repeat. It's kind of a shame really. I love playing my Trooper but I really wish the main storyline was better. The side quests keep me interested though.

Smuggler storyline was freaking great though.

01.16.2012 , 12:20 AM | #26
If i'm only arrive Taris, and have 2500 good side points, can i take Dark 5 without diplomacy crew skill?
Server: Lord Calypho.
Class: Bounty Hunter - Mercenary.
Name: Sader Bloodthirsty.
Level: 50. PvPrank: 64

01.16.2012 , 02:51 AM | #27
I enjoyed the trooper story all the way through, but felt it did not go out on a high enough note, I felt like a bit more fanfare would have been in order, by the end of the story I was kind of a big deal and was kinda unceremoniously sent to the fleet to pick up the Ilum/Belsavis daily chains...
Click my link please, I'm almost out of Cartel coins -

01.16.2012 , 05:04 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamm View Post
I have 50 mercenary and want create new char (don't want again do empire quests and fp's), i think about Vanguard or Gunsliner(smuggler) and can't choose.

Trooper have interesting story? No spoilers pls.

And what body type you prefer?)
Yes and no... It's really really good up to the ending on Corucant... Where you will most likely go ***! I never going to do a good deed for the republic ever again!!!!! And curse all politicians to hell...
Bottom line is that some of us would prefer THIS minigame rather than THIS minigame.

Member of Easy Company - Republic, PvP, US East Coast.

01.16.2012 , 05:38 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
I enjoyed the trooper story all the way through, but felt it did not go out on a high enough note
That's how I felt. A bit anti-climactic at the end, like they didn't have enough time to think about a better ending.

Incoming spoilers, so read at your own risk.

I really don't understand why people are surprised that the trooper story isn't more controversial. You're not playing a free agent, but a professional soldier who made Special Forces not only because they were capable, but also because they could be relied on to complete a mission without being distracted by personal adventures.

Also, you are by no means a mindless drone. If you go the Light route, you get to stand for the ideals of the Republic far more than your superiors, for whom the end often justifies the means. I know that I got yelled at by Garza after almost every important mission, and especially so at the end.

Regarding companions, I didn't find them similar or one-dimensional at all, although some of them are not fully developed.

Jorgan may be a classic soldier, but if you do his quest, you'll see that his loyalties are very humane and that he despises the actions of the secret services. He also isn't the best at following orders, but that's understandable considering how he was treated after the defection of the original Havoc Squad.

Dorne, while annoying as hell with her regulations, has had an unusual life and has to live with the fact that her family may be suffering because of her defection; her story, once you piece it together, is probably the most realistic. She's consistently hounded by suspicion, regardless of the fact that she's a good soldier and a good medic and hasn't given them any reason to think she is a secret Imperial agent. The happiness and relief she feels when she finally becomes a Republic citizen is actually very similar to how immigrants feel when they get permanent status.

Forex is there for comic relief - a murderous zealot robot. He's completely over the top and is likely there as a reminder why you shouldn't manufacture your soldiers.

Tanno Vik is a thug, completely unlike everyone else in the Squad. If I didn't need his affection maxed because of the miracles he works with UT (comes back with Mando Iron more often than not), I'd be slapping him around freely. I find it somewhat curious that a self-entitled jerk like him wouldn't be hitting on his attractive female boss at every chance, but they may have figured that some women would be annoyed (I'm a woman and I think it would have been hilarious if I could punch him without getting DS points).

Yuun is very interesting, but also very underdeveloped. I think it would have been nice if we could have gotten an actual quest from him.

My sense is that some of the companions who aren't fully sketched out may be developed in content patches or expansions. For now, it seems like they focused on the more human ones for now. I'd much prefer to get more content for these ones before we get new companions.

01.16.2012 , 07:01 AM | #30
Yes, yes it is.
Havoc Squad, we're the best of the best.