Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

()() Hardmode EV raid finally gives up.

Puli
01.14.2012 , 06:36 PM | #21
Couldn't wait until Tuesday when 1.1 hits and is supposed to fix a lot of the bugs you mentioned?

Drakos
01.14.2012 , 06:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Puli View Post
Couldn't wait until Tuesday when 1.1 hits and is supposed to fix a lot of the bugs you mentioned?
He logged on to report some issues and vent. A few people who also raid came in and suggested some workarounds for some of the listed bugs while he's waiting for patch 1.1

My real question for everyone who assumes -everyone else- is being impatient and therefore immature is this: If 1.1 doesn't fix all of the issues, or implements new bugs, what will be the rallying cry then? "Wait for 1.11?"

That's almost always what inevitably happens.

And lets not forget part of his complaints were that they're just about done with raid-content already, and the only significant limiting factor towards his progress was bugs rather than genuinely difficult progression content.
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.

Syrellaris
01.14.2012 , 06:40 PM | #23
Cleared most of the raids in wow, even the 40 mans in less then a week. Including Cthun. Boring *** raid fights and trash mobs. Even now, most raids in wow are boring as hell. Claiming they were hard is just strange, since they weren't. Time consuming thats all it was.

Anyway, these sound like some serious bugs but im sure they fixed it in 1.1 or most of them.
Syrel Je'Gal
▬▬▬▬▬
HandsofDarkness▬▬▬▬▬
"Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity."
The Hands of Darkness: the first SW:TOR EU based Sith RP Guild

stephenjohnp
01.14.2012 , 06:42 PM | #24
I wish everyone could post their complaints like this. Good post.

Drakos
01.14.2012 , 06:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post
Cleared most of the raids in wow, even the 40 mans in less then a week. Including Cthun. Boring *** raid fights and trash mobs. Even now, most raids in wow are boring as hell. Claiming they were hard is just strange, since they weren't. Time consuming thats all it was.

Anyway, these sound like some serious bugs but im sure they fixed it in 1.1 or most of them.
What the hell guild were you in? Star? I'd ask you to prove it by typing in Korean. I'd believe you were in a raiding guild that cleared all content simply because it's not worth the time to investigate. To claim you tore through all of the progression content in less than a week of starting them is a bit more difficult to believe - particularly because certain raids required Resistance Grinds that demanded you raid the same dungeon for a couple of weeks for patterns and materials before pressing onwards.

Or am I misrepresenting how much Nature Resist was required for initially clearing AQ40 back during Vanilla WoW when it launched?
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.

Battyone
01.14.2012 , 06:44 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Puli View Post
Honestly it addresses some of, but not nearly all the bugs we mentioned. Honestly my raid just found it all funny though, last night was one of the best raid nights I've had in my entire MMO career. Instead of getting mad we just kinda did the same **** they do to bad movies on MST3k...

E.G.

"Time for our sacrifies" *players start to die*, etc.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Trineda
01.14.2012 , 06:45 PM | #27
Hey there,

If you haven't had a chance to see the new 1.1 Patch Notes, some of these issues are addressed:

Quote:
Operations
Eternity Vault
  • The Ancient Pylons now reset correctly if not solved within the allotted time.
  • Soa’s mind traps unintentionally had 200k health in Nightmare Mode. This amount has been reduced significantly.
  • The duration of the Penalty of Destiny effect in the Infernal Council encounter has been increased to 1 minute. Players are unable to assist other players in their fight for the duration of this effect.

Karagga’s Palace
  • Reduced the damage of Bonethrasher’s Overhead Smash attack and reduced the distance players are knocked back by his Backhand attack in Hard Mode. This gives players more room to avoid being knocked into the pit.
  • Bonethrasher no longer attacks players immediately after they fall into his pit when re-entering after being defeated, allowing players to regroup before engaging.

Battyone
01.14.2012 , 06:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
What the hell guild were you in? Star? I'd ask you to prove it by typing in Korean. I'd believe you were in a raiding guild that cleared all content simply because it's not worth the time to investigate. To claim you tore through all of the progression content in less than a week of starting them is a bit more difficult to believe - particularly because certain raids required Resistance Grinds that demanded you raid the same dungeon for a couple of weeks for patterns and materials before pressing onwards.

Or am I misrepresenting how much Nature Resist was required for initially clearing AQ40 back during Vanilla WoW when it launched?
It wouldn't be Star I was looking for, it'd be a time machine. C'Thun wasn't cleared in a week.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Zulufoxtrot
01.14.2012 , 06:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankxor View Post
Yep, my guild just ran into the mind trap bug on Soa. Several of the people stuck in the mind traps after soa died actually needed the gear that dropped, including myself. We all opened tickets.

The response to my ticket?

Hi this is protocall droid.... You can use the /stuck command......... or you can use quick travel......... (problem is definitely getting solved here)........ or you can press Ctrl u + u to reset your interface (because interface has everything to do with my problem).......

THANKS MR. PROTOCALL DROID I DIDN't KNOW HOW TO TYPE /STUCK HURRRRRRR DERRRRRR............................

This has to be the must buggy game I have ever seen even on release. Some of the bugs happen so often that you know the content was hardly tested.

I used to rationalize the problems in this game with the "yeah, but the game was just released" statement. Not anymore. Literally some of the end game content has a more likely chance to bug than to not bug. The Soa fight really comes down to what bug will you run into and will you be able to get loot.
Clearly you missed Star Trek Onlines release

Hopefully some of this gets fixed with the 1.1 release......hopefully.
Pre-order Standard Edition August 23, 2011.

DecimaPoiuytr
01.14.2012 , 07:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post

You obviously never did WoW 40-man raids because you'd know that noone cleared vanilla 40-man raids in one week (or even one month).

To the OP, you're really going to leave the game because an encounter was bugged 2 weeks after release? Haha. MMO gamers have really developed some kind of instant-gratification/ADHD syndrome. Pretty much no dev team on Earth can produce content fast enough to sate the super-hardcore crowd except by overtuning or putting tangential rep/gear grinds into the game to mis-direct people when they're not raiding (but then of course people will complain about the rep grinds).