Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

()() Hardmode EV raid finally gives up.

Scan
01.14.2012 , 02:47 AM | #1
Here is some of the bugs we encountered and finally gave up on trying to raid HM ev last night..

No speeder appearing to take you to the boss room. (very long run)

The random deaths while zoning in (funny for a little while but then just annoying)

Loot bugged, I have a schematic in my bag now that just says "invalid" when reading.

More loot bugging, while UI dropped for screenshot someone looted and the subsequently could not roll on any of the loot at all. (maybe our fault but still an annoying bug)

Not being able to get back in unless you reset all instances, meaning clearing the trash to the boss again. (this was the biggest breaker and ultimately why we collapsed the raid)

<><><>

We then decide to try HM Kragga and he bugs out too!

Kragga's palace boss bugs spawning and oneshotting anyone that zoned in.

Disappears a few minutes into fight and resets.

Now we are quite a robust and hardy bunch playing right back to Sleeper EQ and C'thun (40 man kill) WoW - But these really are game-breakers, most of my guild, sister guilds and I am unlikely to be subbing $14.95 for this. We are trying to finsh all hardmodes before the end of our free month, im 99% sure we will and its a shame because if there was more to do at endgame and more of a challenge in content we would almost certainly stay.

The game is the best solo mmo I personally have ever played.

Before realeasing more content (Rakoul expansion) fix the bugs like ability delay etc..
Soon. (tm)

Scan
01.14.2012 , 02:50 AM | #2
(All bugs were reported)

I am posting this in the hope of sharing some of the woes of raiding this game at the highest level with others, it helps psycologically
Soon. (tm)

Quaade
01.14.2012 , 02:56 AM | #3
Yeah, what you will be told though is:

- Your own fault for rushing
- Suits you right for trying to take on the hardest content undergeared
- Go back to WoW
- This game was not meant for competitive play
- Perhaps BW don't want you to down things before your free month ends (okay, that one would be pretty dellusional)

Coming from a raider's perspective however.
While Blizzard's extensive open patch testing might remove some of the "real" trial and error aspects in the encounters in that they most often will have down the fights on the test realms, thus cutting down on the time they need on live realms, it does mean that content ships with far less bugs than it could have and have done in the past.

Battyone
01.14.2012 , 02:58 AM | #4
The reset thing is so easily avoided it's not even funny.

Step 1 -- Wipe on a boss (it happens, Soa is a pain in the ***)
Step 2 -- Have one person not release after the reset
Step 3 -- at least 1 person who released runs in
Step 4 -- No more having to reset trash. Also there isn't any trash after the Pylons...

The rancor boss will reset if you kite him to the edge of the platform, which is a horrible way to do the fight anyway.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Scan
01.14.2012 , 03:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Battyone View Post
The reset thing is so easily avoided it's not even funny.

Step 1 -- Wipe on a boss (it happens, Soa is a pain in the ***)
Step 2 -- Have one person not release after the reset
Step 3 -- at least 1 person who released runs in
Step 4 -- No more having to reset trash. Also there isn't any trash after the Pylons...

The rancor boss will reset if you kite him to the edge of the platform, which is a horrible way to do the fight anyway.
Thanks!

Will implement this on sunday. xx
Soon. (tm)

Battyone
01.14.2012 , 03:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Scan View Post
Thanks!

Will implement this on sunday. xx
No worries having to clear the trash up to Gasjh or w/e his name is annoyed us enough to try a few things, and we found a solution that wasn't 20 mins between pulls.

It's also worth noting the random deaths only happen after a wipe to him, so once he's on farm that's gone, but it only would happen once per respawn. Basically we die, walk in, take the speeder (which spawns when the trash is clear up to the 2nd boss and you wipe onward). also we ran into a bug on the pillar boss (FYI: have the south group lock in first then the north group, always hitting the right console and it worked out well enough, otherwise the 4th wheel on the north pylon would get stuck and we'd have to run into lava and die.)
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

imtrick
01.14.2012 , 03:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
Yeah, what you will be told though is:

- Your own fault for rushing
- Suits you right for trying to take on the hardest content undergeared
- Go back to WoW
- This game was not meant for competitive play
- Perhaps BW don't want you to down things before your free month ends (okay, that one would be pretty dellusional)
Please. Trolling the trolls before they even show up isn't going to help, and certainly doesn't make you better than they are.

Glad you're reporting this stuff, OP, and I feel your pain.
Taint & Rough Trade - tart.enjin.com
------Casual and Hard-Core, 18+ GLBT Sith & Republic Guilds------
Part of the game-spanning Rough Trade Gaming Community

Scan
01.14.2012 , 03:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Battyone View Post
No worries having to clear the trash up to Gasjh or w/e his name is annoyed us enough to try a few things, and we found a solution that wasn't 20 mins between pulls.

It's also worth noting the random deaths only happen after a wipe to him, so once he's on farm that's gone, but it only would happen once per respawn. Basically we die, walk in, take the speeder (which spawns when the trash is clear up to the 2nd boss and you wipe onward). also we ran into a bug on the pillar boss (FYI: have the south group lock in first then the north group, always hitting the right console and it worked out well enough, otherwise the 4th wheel on the north pylon would get stuck and we'd have to run into lava and die.)
Appreciated.

We ticketed all the bugs and I log on this morning to see all posts "forwarded to the next level" and all closed.

So no way of actually tracking these problems like bugged loot etc.

Not good.
Soon. (tm)

Tankxor
01.14.2012 , 03:26 AM | #9
Yep, my guild just ran into the mind trap bug on Soa. Several of the people stuck in the mind traps after soa died actually needed the gear that dropped, including myself. We all opened tickets.

The response to my ticket?

Hi this is protocall droid.... You can use the /stuck command......... or you can use quick travel......... (problem is definitely getting solved here)........ or you can press Ctrl u + u to reset your interface (because interface has everything to do with my problem).......

THANKS MR. PROTOCALL DROID I DIDN't KNOW HOW TO TYPE /STUCK HURRRRRRR DERRRRRR............................

This has to be the must buggy game I have ever seen even on release. Some of the bugs happen so often that you know the content was hardly tested.

I used to rationalize the problems in this game with the "yeah, but the game was just released" statement. Not anymore. Literally some of the end game content has a more likely chance to bug than to not bug. The Soa fight really comes down to what bug will you run into and will you be able to get loot.

Scan
01.14.2012 , 04:20 AM | #10
Yes, the worst thing that can happen is hours of wiping and learning a fight to see bugged loot.

Massive game breaker.
Soon. (tm)