Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So my guild tried our first hard mode Esseles today.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So my guild tried our first hard mode Esseles today.

Kutalion
01.17.2012 , 04:02 AM | #21
I found esseless and maelstrom very very easy. Taral V is a joke too, apart from last boss who can be nasty.

Eseless is hard if your tank is undergeared but managable, last boss is a DPS check.

We run it with a champion geared group and we go through it like butter.

Jadeneye
01.17.2012 , 04:18 AM | #22
Of course you'll go through it like butter with a champion geared group. OP, as far as we know, doesn't have that.

amonre
01.17.2012 , 07:42 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
Don't start with Esseles, it's one of the harder HMs. Also, ops before that.
Maybe that's why all the other HMs are easy for me? We started with HM Esseles. Ironfist took a few tries, but once we figured it out it was all easy.

I do agree though, that adding stringent enrage timers to every encounter is a poor way to design. So far, that seems to be BioWare's solution to "making things hard." I've never seen an enrage timer used a boss mechanic (besides anti-cheese) before.

Lohengrin
01.17.2012 , 09:58 AM | #24
I ran Esseles HM last night for the first time, and as a Smuggler I found this instance to be frustrating. The two primary fights are obviously Ironfist and Vokk - with Ironfist, my ranged interrupt - Distraction - did not appear to work. We were able to keep him interrupted after the 4th or 5th attempt, but my teammates had to pick that up.

With Vokk, the lightning is an absolute Smuggler-killer ... for us to do any respectable dps, we have to go in cover; however, if the lightning appears on you while in cover you're pretty much dead. I had zero lag and quick reflexes, I would move forward the instant the mark appeared on me, yet I was still hit almost every single time. I wound up having to do a dance, scan the field for the mark and pick my moments to go in cover. And you DO need to be in cover for 1) dps (vs. enrage timer) and 2) to defend against the saber throws ... I would love to hear from fellow smugglers on some advice on how to handle that fight, because I really struggled with it
Common sense isn't ...
- Memnon, 50 Gunslinger (Shien)
- Rothe, 50 Guardian (Shien)
- Ironside, 48 Commando (Shien)