Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So my guild tried our first hard mode Esseles today.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So my guild tried our first hard mode Esseles today.

WarheartZero
01.14.2012 , 07:35 AM | #11
If I'm a jedi Guardian (tank) lvl 50. Is having full Champion gear enough to start doing normal ops and hard flashpoints?

Thanks

KaiHeilos
01.14.2012 , 07:41 AM | #12
Yes

/5 chars

Dignam
01.14.2012 , 07:55 AM | #13
Run HM BT with a companion as ranged DPS all the time, cant imagine the rebel version is much harder.

LordValkyran
01.17.2012 , 12:15 AM | #14
Btw, enrage timers? No, there is no enrage timer, thats the problem.

Enrage happens GUARENTEED at 50% and does 200% more damage, this is wrong, it needs to be nerfed and is not hardcore, so much as "screw you, you reached 50 now roll an alt" mode.

Because honestly, thats what it makes me wanna do.

Heroic BT here, compleatly good geared group, CANNOT defeat some of the bosses, at all.

Its not hardcore gameplay, its flawed design.
Roleplaying throughout the galaxy since 1989.

Monoth
01.17.2012 , 12:36 AM | #15
To be honest IMO most of the Hard Mode flashpoints are HARDER then Eternity Vault bosses... It's kind of obvious that Bioware did little balance testing on the Hardmode Flashpoints, not to mention in most hard modes your screwed if your a melee dps...

Bioware made the same mistake Trion did, they made the leveling process to fast and easy which ended up with lots of people at end game with buggy and untested end game content..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Anundir
01.17.2012 , 12:36 AM | #16
Honestly, for me Malestrom is the easiest one out of the HM instances I have done so far. The only boss that gives us problems at times is Mr. Eyebeam. The next easiest one is Taral V followed by Eselless.

The entire end game dungeon loot experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. You would figure that the Devs would make the dungeon with the smallest upgrade (Bracers) the easiest instance then ramp up from there as you progress through the set. However, Esseles is a PITA because Ironfist is a DPS / interrupt coordination gate that some groups just can't get past.

Oh, and if I see another piece of Smuggler gear drop off the end boss... At the very least if you are going to have people run a 2 hour instance have the common decency to program in a check to see what classes are in the instance!

Soshla
01.17.2012 , 01:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dignam View Post
Run HM BT with a companion as ranged DPS all the time, cant imagine the rebel version is much harder.
You need to rotate interrupts on Ironfist or he one shots people. You'd need a specific group comp to do that. Also, Ironfist and Vokk do nasty AoEs. Companions who sit around will get thrashed. There's also a 17.5% chance that a DPS/Healer will get two shotted on Vokk due to Double Saber throw hitting the same person twice.

SevTrando
01.17.2012 , 01:24 AM | #18
The first level 50 flashpoint I attempted (and cleared) was Hardmode Esseles.

If you're a tank, you just need basic positioning/interrupt skills and more than 15k health.

I highly recommend as little caster/immobile dps as possible to make the last fight go smoothly. I had to kill an enraged sith with 2500 hp left by myself and it was scary thank you Ion Pulse Panic Mode.
My Lastest piece.
"Nau vak'to, dralshye'raj" - Before I go, you will all burn.
Troopertroll. Umadsir?

darreke
01.17.2012 , 02:00 AM | #19
Managed to did esseles with 2 decent pvp geared (guildie and me) and 2 blue geared new 50's (pug).

It is a ***** to heal that i can say for sure, iron fist wiped us loads of times, but it all comes down to getting the fight under controll, it's a dps check once you can interupt most of the snipes and survive the AOE. And the DPS doesn't have to be that high even.

The fight will tax your healer (if he is sawbone like me, gief better group heal >_<)

All the bosses after iron fist are free epix, even the last one, we wiped 2 times cause we weren't ready, but once we got the fight under controll he is a push over.

So please dont nurf/balance iron fist, i love the hard mode, first ever FP that needed some real practice in a loooong time.

fmangel
01.17.2012 , 03:54 AM | #20
ironfist that hard? bad programming? huh? ***?

Seriously, first HM and i did esseles, and we wiped 2 times on ironfist then downed him. Its total piss if you can interupt his snipe , and down the ads within 5-8secs.

Did this with a mate, and 2 pugs and out of all of us, only ONE had done the boss before.

Why are so many people complaining about bosses that actually require some sort of skill? fml i hope bw dont listen , dont want to see this game turn into wow with there instances.