Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So my guild tried our first hard mode Esseles today.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So my guild tried our first hard mode Esseles today.

Nortro
01.13.2012 , 11:48 PM | #1
So we tried out our first heroic/hard mode and I must say, boy it was a change, we ran False Emperor and straight to heroic esseles. We're all fairly geared, and it took us 5 tries on the first boss before killing him and then we got to Ironfist, his enrage + damage is just too much for us...

I must say, Hard mode Esseles is insane, I don't know if it's TOO hard or it's just Bioware not knowing what the fights are like. So anyone want to give me a tip on how to deal with these bosses? Thanks!
Guildmaster of Havok - Whitebeam Run - East Coast Server

KaiHeilos
01.13.2012 , 11:52 PM | #2
Reduce their HP to 0 before they do it to you. Collect loot.

Kaonis
01.13.2012 , 11:59 PM | #3
From what I've gathered on hard mode, it's all a DPS check. Do you have more DPS/sec before enrage times? If not, go PVP infinitely.

It's a sad gaming design to add artificial difficulty to the bosses.

Dragonbgone
01.14.2012 , 12:01 AM | #4
Don't start with Esseles, it's one of the harder HMs. Also, ops before that.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Nortro
01.14.2012 , 12:28 AM | #5
Thanks, which Flashpoint should I start with?
Guildmaster of Havok - Whitebeam Run - East Coast Server

Nellise
01.14.2012 , 12:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nortro View Post
If you could do false emperor on normal you can probably do it on hard. The only boss that might be too hard (well not hard, just really short enrage) is the bonus boss which is skippable.

shudodevil
01.14.2012 , 02:31 AM | #7
Try Maelstrom Prison HM, i did that with just strangers and we did pretty well and it was fairly easy to say the least. But don't do HM the False Emperor if your not ready for it, try going through normal first and if you have trouble with normal, then don't even think about going HM.
~ The Nytehawke Order ~

PVE | RP | US-East | Guild HQ | Guild Site | Now Recruiting!

Romulusss
01.14.2012 , 02:53 AM | #8
Maelstrom was a nightmare (as a tank), first real boss makes me want to quit. Why would u recommend that one first? I play with 12 fps, and boss juked me 7 times b4 we downed him, absolute nightmare that HM

@OP Taral 5 is by far the easiest HM, go nuts

Dragonbgone
01.14.2012 , 03:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nortro View Post
Maelstrom isn't... too awesome. The fight is a bit buggy on Daksh. My guild started farming Taral V first, then went to maelstrom. Taral V has a very tight enrage timer on General Edikar, that's the toughest part. Well, Hasper is bugged a bit, but can be downed. Jeez, we're behind on our videos but we do have Maelstrom Prison up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGW2e7vo0Qw

We have the footage for Esseles, Taral V, and Directive 7 HM in our archive and are about to put them up, but our EV runs have been getting in the way. Also, the first few bosses in EV are doable, they're on par with HM flashpoints imo.

TL;DR- Taral V--> Maelstrom(with a good tank)---> then Esseles or D7. Haven't done TFE or BFI, but TFE seems easy, just a dps gear check on HK.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

divrg
01.14.2012 , 04:57 AM | #10
Ironfist is simply badly done and scripted. And thats the end of it. Its not about being "hard" its about bad programming.