Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Multiple's Avatar


Multiple
01.17.2012 , 08:37 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by lowflyingmeat View Post
I just read Ohlen's interview, http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e-much-bigger/

Really, Patch 2 will be "much bigger", and there is not a single word on the community concerns or the high resolution textures? And this is march?

They are clearly not listening to us.
Two other MMOs come out within 2 months of then, Tera and The Secret World. Good luck to those waiting for this magic patch to materialize....I'll be playing something that works as advertised out of the box. I wish I'd screenshotted my cancelation here, I made it super clear that EA and Bioware won't see another dollar from me.

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
01.17.2012 , 08:38 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by lowflyingmeat View Post
I just read Ohlen's interview, http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e-much-bigger/

Really, Patch 2 will be "much bigger", and there is not a single word on the community concerns or the high resolution textures? And this is march?

They are clearly not listening to us.
Let's not forget Ohlen is the one also bragging in interviews that only a very small minority of people have performance issues ingame, and they are all on outdated PC's way below the requirements. At the same time that Reid confirmed that they were "looking into" performance issues for people with top end rigs, I might add.

The whole company is filled with liars that can't even keep their **** straight with each other, much less with us.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Do yourself a favor and just use the money to buy a pizza instead.

_Ender__Wiggin_'s Avatar


_Ender__Wiggin_
01.17.2012 , 08:40 PM | #503
*.*.* These aren't the high resolution textures you were looking for *.*.*

The denial is strong with this company.

LaManoNera's Avatar


LaManoNera
01.17.2012 , 08:43 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Multiple View Post
Two other MMOs come out within 2 months of then, Tera and The Secret World. Good luck to those waiting for this magic patch to materialize....I'll be playing something that works as advertised out of the box. I wish I'd screenshotted my cancelation here, I made it super clear that EA and Bioware won't see another dollar from me.
Honestly, this really puts thing into perspective.

Most agree that TOR "has potential", but what we know is coming isn't anything huge and it's coming the same time as some true "next gen" MMOs are launching. Tera looks absolutely gorgeous and TOR has graphics that actually looked better in beta.
♥ Love ♥
Definition: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
01.17.2012 , 08:53 PM | #505
Also, Ohlen believes low meta-critic scores are a conspiracy against the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ve-than-an-fps

Quote:
"Oh that's easy," he retorted. "Several of the designers were watching the Metacritic page when it finally came up and what happened was there is a community out there, and we don't know who they are - it could be a bunch of different people - who aren't really playing the game but have a vested interest in hating the game. And we saw literally hundreds of 0/10s come up within the first couple of hours of Metacritic coming on. So it was people who weren't even playing the game basically putting on that they hated it.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Do yourself a favor and just use the money to buy a pizza instead.

xRaVagEx's Avatar


xRaVagEx
01.17.2012 , 09:21 PM | #506
Still shameful that the game looked and performed better during beta than live. I can't understand why they can't undo/revert changes back to before this 'texture atlas' was decidedly used and implemented with the claim it would improve performance.

Its so clear that single change is the cause of the loss of the High Res textures and whoever made that decision should be ousted and cursed to watch all the Olsen twin movies non-stop for eternity.

GreyFoxIndy's Avatar


GreyFoxIndy
01.17.2012 , 09:22 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
Also, Ohlen believes low meta-critic scores are a conspiracy against the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ve-than-an-fps
all you ever do is complain, every single one of your posts. You literally need to get the hell off the forums and explore the outside world instead of sitting infront of your monitor pretending to be some sort of Media Critic hardjob.

/yawn
Computer Spec: Intel i7 2600 3.40ghz, 8GB Ram, GeForce GTX 570, Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm SATA III 6-Gb/s.

EternusIV's Avatar


EternusIV
01.17.2012 , 09:24 PM | #508
For any bioware employee or moderator who manages to read this:

I'll consider a resub if a solution is found. Keep up the good work.
"I like Pie"

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
01.17.2012 , 09:45 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by GreyFoxIndy View Post
all you ever do is complain, every single one of your posts. You literally need to get the hell off the forums and explore the outside world instead of sitting infront of your monitor pretending to be some sort of Media Critic hardjob.

/yawn
How can you even see what I type with your head stuck so far in there?
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Do yourself a favor and just use the money to buy a pizza instead.

Dark_magic's Avatar


Dark_magic
01.17.2012 , 09:58 PM | #510
"I'd say we're still rocketing right now. Every day the numbers continue to grow - we have more people going into the game."

Just check out my signature MR. James Ohlen !!

Stop lying and trick people to get their money, what you and the company you work
for doing is " fraud advertising " and I deeply wish and pray that a huge lawsuit come
on your head for what you doing.