Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Mineria
01.14.2012 , 01:39 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Rizael View Post
This has me concerned, at the moment I run almost every area of that game at an FPS of over 100, and would not mind playing the game at a much reduced FPS but with more detailed textures on my, and other characters around me.
While playing beta with high textures it didn't drag down on fps on my end, playing with over 100 as well.

As for your other question, its either low or high textures, just look at how you can chose it in LOTRO.

Kakarris
01.14.2012 , 01:55 AM | #32
I really love how the only way to see what my gear is supposed to truly look like is to preview it on my companion on the preview screen.

Amazing innovation!

Ellvaan
01.14.2012 , 02:15 AM | #33
Greetings everyone!

We recently had to remove several posts from this thread for not being in compliance with our Rules of Conduct.

As a reminder, the topic is regarding feedback and opinions on High Resolution. We ask that you please keep your replies constructive and on-topic.

Thank you!

Kayla_Shadowsong
01.14.2012 , 02:32 AM | #34
Tweaking the LOD in Nvidia inspector really helped the armor textures to pop and make the leather/metal reflect light properly, but it also undid alot of the AA on the diagonal edging. It helped alot on the characters, but the trade off for the environment wasn't worth it to me.

I just want my character to look better. It isn't nearly as noticeable on armor with dimensionality, but the Atlas method they used turns flat clothing like robes that have patterns on them into an unrecognizable mess...

Aisar
01.14.2012 , 02:36 AM | #35
This is what the game should have looked like all along. The amount of time and stress and frustration it took me to figure out why it did not..just wow. I feel like I should be paid lol. here is the screenshot.

http://imgur.com/FfwAB

I am happy with the graphics now. Too bad I had to learn how to fix what I assume well paid coders could not.
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

Zorvan
01.14.2012 , 02:38 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellvaan View Post
Greetings everyone!

We recently had to remove several posts from this thread for not being in compliance with our Rules of Conduct.

As a reminder, the topic is regarding feedback and opinions on High Resolution. We ask that you please keep your replies constructive and on-topic.

Thank you!
Yes, you're right.

And my opinion is that telling us we can't use the high resolution textures and then within days of that statement advertising a new content addition showing high resolution textures is false advertisement. So I'm sure you'll add my post back, but just in case you don't, we now again know my position.

If stating an evident case of false advertisement is against the ToS or RoC, I request you please post that section now.

Thank you.

TheHauntingBard
01.14.2012 , 02:39 AM | #37
Greetings everyone!

Thank you!
It would be appreciated if Bioware would actually discuss this with the community.
I'm aware you're doing your job but it doesn't look good when all we see is posts being removed and well a horrible excuse from SR.

Most posts are civil and constructive enough, we're talking about a game not politics.
It shouldn't be such an issue to give a reason.

Edit:

Can't resist the urge to copy the posters above sig.
Stephen Reid - 9:02a.m. - January 11th 2012 - because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

HomeSlixe
01.14.2012 , 02:41 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Aisar View Post
This is what the game should have looked like all along. The amount of time and stress and frustration it took me to figure out why it did not..just wow. I feel like I should be paid lol. here is the screenshot.

http://imgur.com/FfwAB

I am happy with the graphics now. Too bad I had to learn how to fix what I assume well paid coders could not.
What did you do?

Swanheart
01.14.2012 , 02:43 AM | #39
Greetings everyone!

Thank you!
You missed one quote!

Thank you!

Zorvan
01.14.2012 , 02:43 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by HomeSlixe View Post
What did you do?
Nvidia inspector to tweak ToR via Nvidia drivers. http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...3/569197b8.png

Such as decreasing LOD to add reflections and increase shinies as well as improving mapping, and enabling ambient occlusion to make shinies really shiny like they should be, enabling AA bypassing the broken .ini settings, etc.

Enable AA through the .ini and you'll get a fps loss and nowhere as good, with Inspector you bypass the game settings entirely, getting AA with less loss of fps and better looking, such as AA would normally work in other non-beta games.

Still doesn't fix muddy textures, but it's still a massive improvement.