Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

deinagon
01.14.2012 , 10:42 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
how is this a scam???
you say how?!? when they show you screens and videos using high quality graphics in advertisements and tell you this is the product you will get in return for your money , then after you buy it u realize that it is not , i call this a scam , i would never bought this garbage if i knew it is going to be a 2005 graphics , they need to replace all the promotional videos and images all over the inter-webs with the actual medium textures not with lies

martinmoeller
01.14.2012 , 10:45 AM | #102
So what we see now is what we get? This is 2012 and thats that? Yet another reason why I wont be renewing my sub after the 30 days has ended.

wifeaggro
01.14.2012 , 11:00 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by deinagon View Post
you say how?!? when they show you screens and videos using high quality graphics in advertisements and tell you this is the product you will get in return for your money , then after you buy it u realize that it is not , i call this a scam , i would never bought this garbage if i knew it is going to be a 2005 graphics , they need to replace all the promotional videos and images all over the inter-webs with the actual medium textures not with lies
they really need to remove that Kaon undersiege game play with high res textures. it is just making the issue worse.
I

sw_dragon
01.14.2012 , 11:02 AM | #104
Check the sig and create your own closeup in game fugly screenshot. Then compare with your login and realize what a joke this is.

fejus
01.14.2012 , 11:02 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by WarheartZero View Post
OP needs to add latest comment from Stephen, as it address our concerns much better. And provides a rough eta.

Yes they do

Vehlin
01.14.2012 , 11:29 AM | #106
I'm still toying about what to do regarding my sub for the game. On one side I want to give BW the benefit of the doubt in that they'll get this issue resolved but on the other I'm not confidant that they can do so as a result of decisions taken very early on in the development process.

The fact is; every time I see my character outside of a cutscene I say to myself "what were they thinking?". We've had MMOs with high-res textures for several years now, the current character textures are below what even wow is offering these days, and for a new release MMO that's not really acceptable.

Unruhe
01.14.2012 , 11:32 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by MaxWham View Post
Hey guys(and ladies) I think we all need to relax now... Don't get me wrong I'm pissed off by this issue myself but we won't get far, by just screaming out our hatred here... I'll just hope they heard us, and the only thing we'll have to do is to wait for this 1.2 patch(not some 2.8 or 5.17...)... Cheers
This has fallen to the third page? That's not good. [Removed comment about being unable to search the forums, because apparently you can] and this affects everyone to a degree this should probably be stickied, but I know they won't sticky bad publicity.

I think I'm down to 4 days now. I want to like this game -- hell, I do like this game, but I simply can't justify handing money over to people this inept, people that then have the stones to lie about the whole ordeal, attempt to cover it up, and insist that this is the best the MMO genre can offer.

I could feel decent about giving them my money if they come out and say "high resolution (or cutscene) textures are among our top priorities, and we will implement them as soon as we can" but they can't even give that. Instead we get, "Oh, you caught us with our pants down and our hideous junk (this game's graphics) flapping in the breeze, we'll work on increasing the fidelity for you" when in reality they could reduce the texture compression by 1% and say they delivered as promised.

Given the way this was already handled, I won't accept placation in the form of weasel words that guarantee nothing.

iraqcombatvet
01.14.2012 , 11:38 AM | #108
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9...2011408201.jpg
By iraqcombatvet at 2012-01-14

Look at that boys! Makes me feel like I need glasses or something.

Unruhe
01.14.2012 , 11:41 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
LotrO, WoW and a couple other MMOs didn't launch with High Res textures so why make a big deal now? They said they are working on it.
WoW released in, what, 2004? This is 2012, TOR released in the last handful of days of 2011.

LOTRO did release with super-high resolution textures. In fact, they had at least 4 settings: Low, Medium, High, Ultra. You had to check a box in the launcher to even download the Ultra textures, and at the time of release they killed just about any computer. But, as hardware got better, more and more people could turn that setting on. LOTRO's graphics destroy what is available in TOR, and they have since day1 of LOTRO.

As others have said, in many cases the cutscene textures in TOR aren't fantastic by today's standards, they're merely acceptable.

And they didn't say they are working on giving us cutscene textures. They are working on "improving graphical fidelity" which could mean bloody anything.

DarkSeverance
01.14.2012 , 11:42 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
Since you can't search the forums
Yes you can.