Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

Calarand
02.09.2012 , 07:34 AM | #1041
Quote: Originally Posted by EranMichaelLevi View Post
What holo trick?
Stand by the holo on your ship, get the camera as close to your character as possible so that you can see the armor up-close and at least a bit of the holo, right-click on the holo, watch the magic happen and weep.
This signature does not contain a referral link.

EranMichaelLevi
02.09.2012 , 07:41 AM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by Calarand View Post
Stand by the holo on your ship, get the camera as close to your character as possible so that you can see the armor up-close and at least a bit of the holo, right-click on the holo, watch the magic happen and weep.
This is so outrageous, people are reporting high res textures were implemented at beta and everything ran smoothly, we should at least have the choice.

They advertise with high resolution textures in all their promotional videos but the customer is served with blurry characters, this is a shameful behavior I didn't expect from Bioware.

Mikkeos
02.09.2012 , 07:46 AM | #1043
Forget Bioware. This is EA.
Q: So, is there anything at all in the game that mitigates falling damage?
A: elevators

Atarufighter
02.09.2012 , 08:22 AM | #1044
Quote: Originally Posted by EranMichaelLevi View Post
This is so outrageous, people are reporting high res textures were implemented at beta and everything ran smoothly, we should at least have the choice.

They advertise with high resolution textures in all their promotional videos but the customer is served with blurry characters, this is a shameful behavior I didn't expect from Bioware.

Yeah I'm absolutely loving the game other than that. I'm wondering if I should stop for a while until high-res textures are implemented, because knowing they are there waiting to be activated without knowing when, or how, is awful. They might as well tell us if and when they're going to do it, or if they abandoned the issue all-together. At the very least I could get back to enjoying the game without worrying so much about it.

Ellvaan
02.09.2012 , 08:38 AM | #1045
Greetings everyone!

Since this thread has reached past our 1k post threshold, we are going to close it. We have recreated this thread for you to continue your discussion here:

Thank you!