Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Schizman
02.07.2012 , 08:33 AM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by Radox View Post
I'm sorry - I don't understand what 'issue' BW are trying to resolve. The high rez textures exist, they are just unavailable since BETA?

I love this game, i have like 3 x level 50s and Legacy 23 something, but this low res graphics is killing me.

I custom built a rig just for swtor. What were they thinking not to give the option? What are they doing about it? Where is an update??

Aren't we the best placed to decide the balance between performance and quality on our own computers? Why are we subjected to a blanket nazi policy to suit the lowest common denominator?

Truth be told, I think they did it to safeguard their launch from bad press. Well numpties - launch is over. Can the grownups get a go now?

After 2 months this game still looks like a console port to PC - W T F!!!!?

Doing my daily
Decided to do it with what what I deem Quote of the Day.

Schizman
02.07.2012 , 08:34 AM | #1002
Oh and for those who have no idea what I'm on about:

Quote: Originally Posted by daMarek View Post
[DAILY] Mission: Thread Bumping

The BioWare corporation, once our friends and allies, have turned their back on us. Their newly formed alliance with EA has provided them with a long forgotten technology and they are severely impeding our graphical capabilities. They have already taken out one of our options, the "Medium" option. Even our strongest PCs are no match to their devious tactics. The community is suffering heavy losses, including women and children, and we need your help. Our only hope is to perform the dark ritual of "Bumping". Widely frowned upon in the community, the ritual is often performed by those know as "Trolls" and is associated with the conditions of "flame" and "rage". Do not let these consume you. I sense the posting is strong with you. You must help us keep this thread bumped. The survival of The Old Republic depends on you.

{ACCEPT} {DECLINE}

Provided Rewards:

[Advanced Graphics] [Stim: Critical Gameplay] [Adrenal: Enhanced Fun]
2x Community Commendation

wifeaggro
02.07.2012 , 08:58 AM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Radox View Post
I'm sorry - I don't understand what 'issue' BW are trying to resolve. The high rez textures exist, they are just unavailable since BETA?

I love this game, i have like 3 x level 50s and Legacy 23 something, but this low res graphics is killing me.

I custom built a rig just for swtor. What were they thinking not to give the option? What are they doing about it? Where is an update??

Aren't we the best placed to decide the balance between performance and quality on our own computers? Why are we subjected to a blanket nazi policy to suit the lowest common denominator?

Truth be told, I think they did it to safeguard their launch from bad press. Well numpties - launch is over. Can the grownups get a go now?

After 2 months this game still looks like a console port to PC - W T F!!!!?

This game is so restrictive and linear in every possible way. Even to the point of telling us we will deciede who gets loot in a normal mode operation. Ive played since beta build 2 and saw the half a day high rez pacs. the game was vastly different in terms of the way gear worked. there were several ways you could mod gear . And the leveling process was a bit slower. I am not sure were Bioware is going with this game in the future but a good portion of people reacted like the just ate dog poo when they first booted this game up on its low rez graphics.

EA has been doing a ton of chest pounding but i will be curious to see if they will be mouth flapping in april. BW needs to add end game content fluff features and fix bugs all at the same time
I

xarr
02.07.2012 , 10:10 AM | #1004
Hmm im not sure but it looks like they enabled high res textures for our own chars. Maybe my eyes cheat me after long day of work but after patch my char looks much better.

kraniumz
02.07.2012 , 10:22 AM | #1005
Quote: Originally Posted by xarr View Post
Hmm im not sure but it looks like they enabled high res textures for our own chars. Maybe my eyes cheat me after long day of work but after patch my char looks much better.
Nup its still med rez texture. Go to your ship holo and the difference is night and day.

Tenceriker
02.07.2012 , 12:03 PM | #1006

The BioWare corporation, once our friends and allies, have turned their back on us. Their newly formed alliance with EA has provided them with a long forgotten technology and they are severely impeding our graphical capabilities. They have already taken out one of our options, the "Medium" option. Even our strongest PCs are no match to their devious tactics. The community is suffering heavy losses, including women and children, and we need your help. Our only hope is to perform the dark ritual of "Bumping". Widely frowned upon in the community, the ritual is often performed by those know as "Trolls" and is associated with the conditions of "flame" and "rage". Do not let these consume you. I sense the posting is strong with you. You must help us keep this thread bumped. The survival of The Old Republic depends on you.

{ACCEPT} {DECLINE}

Provided Rewards:

Accepted and shared with party members.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

Jemfisto
02.07.2012 , 12:49 PM | #1007

{ACCEPT} {DECLINE}

Provided Rewards:

Bump. Must keep this thread up

Schizman
02.07.2012 , 04:03 PM | #1008
My bumps, my bumps, my lovely lady bumps.

{ACCEPT} {DECLINE}

Provided Rewards:

Adelbert
02.07.2012 , 04:04 PM | #1009
Still no more updates on this... but yeah, graphics just got worse today: now we can't even look at the screen with all that ****** flash going on on our bars, lol.

jarjarloves
02.07.2012 , 04:07 PM | #1010
So Skyrim just released their High Res texture pack today. How come no one was screaming about them not launching with it. That was a game that was supposed to be all about the graphics.