Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kao Cen Darach - The Zabrak Jedi from the Return Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kao Cen Darach - The Zabrak Jedi from the Return Trailer

Sinigual
01.13.2012 , 09:17 PM | #1
For some reason I really, really liked the little I saw of him... from the stoic, calm manner and how he seemed to care for Sateele so much to the insane, pure baller status moment 2v1'ing Sith with a single AND dual lightsaber.

Anyone know if there's any media out there with him in it? Books, comic, etc?

Thanks!

Canarys
01.13.2012 , 11:00 PM | #2
I don't know about any back story on the Zabrack Jedi, but that was the baddest *** light saber fight I've ever seen. I watched the cinematic three times in a row, it was so good. When the smuggler pulled his pistols out and wiped out the Imperial squad was pretty good, too. One thing I'll say about the prequel trilogy, the quality of the light saber fights improved a thousand percent over the original trilogy.

Sinigual
01.13.2012 , 11:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Canarys View Post
I don't know about any back story on the Zabrack Jedi, but that was the baddest *** light saber fight I've ever seen. I watched the cinematic three times in a row, it was so good. When the smuggler pulled his pistols out and wiped out the Imperial squad was pretty good, too. One thing I'll say about the prequel trilogy, the quality of the light saber fights improved a thousand percent over the original trilogy.
I agree... even if the original trilogy's lightsaber fights had more emotion behind them (MAYBE the hour long final duel in Revenge of the Sith had a lot of emotion... but it was so long!) ... the choreography in the new ones was amazing and I'm glad they kept getting better and better.

But ah well... hopefully one day there will be a book for him... I personally feel he deserves his story told up to his heroic death.

KeatoHarrolo
01.14.2012 , 03:45 AM | #4
Thanks for giving me his name

YEh I agree that he is one of the coolest Jedi I've seen even though you see so little of him. I love the bit in the trailer where he stabs Vindican... so elegantly and doesn't even look to check if he's down, he just looks so ******.
Keato - Jedi Guardian Keata - Jedi Sage Keaton - Republic Vanguard Keaten - Smuggler
Scornii
- Sith Assassin Scornious - Sith Juggernaut Keatan - Bounty Trooper
What Species do you want to be playable? Sandbox Vs Story Driven

Durzaka
01.14.2012 , 02:05 PM | #5
He is amazing just for dual wielding a double blade and a single blade against 2 opponents, then turning off one side to completely trick them.

He was a freaking ******.
Durzaka Retribution

JacenHallis
01.14.2012 , 03:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinigual View Post
I agree... even if the original trilogy's lightsaber fights had more emotion behind them (MAYBE the hour long final duel in Revenge of the Sith had a lot of emotion... but it was so long!) ... the
The duels in the OT were so good precisely because of the emotion behind them. At some points in the prequel trilogy, duels looked like a choreographed dance rather than lightsaber fights. The one between Obi Wan and Anakin is especially grievous in this regard.

For me, nothing beats that lightsaber duel in Return of the Jedi.

But back on topic, yes, I would like to see more on this guy, and the young Satele. Was she born into the order? the Revan novel establishes that Bastila's and Revan's son doesn't join the Jedi, so there could be a long period of no Shan in the Order. If she wasn't born into the order, how did they find her? Could be a good story, and I have a feeling that Kao would play a big role in it.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Mynameisaron
01.14.2012 , 03:25 PM | #7
he was cool, I wonder if he had the same voice every jedi guardian/sentinel has....

snakeIL
01.15.2012 , 10:18 AM | #8
Oh ya his rly cool, I must say one of my fav jedi, even with the little I saw from him. I like his pressence.

Terin
01.15.2012 , 10:40 AM | #9
Yeah, the guy was definitely pretty awesome. Shame you can't get tattoos *quite* like him, which I believe is the same pattern shown on the Republic Zabrak-icon.

Also, yeah, dual-wielding the Single and Double-bladed Lightsabers was just insane. Malgus had to go and rip him off, though, and won the fight

ZakMorgan
01.15.2012 , 12:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mynameisaron View Post
he was cool, I wonder if he had the same voice every jedi guardian/sentinel has....
Nope, that would be Solid Snake.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one