Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Jedi Warrior

DMtyrisis
01.14.2012 , 07:37 PM | #21
Luke may be the strongest Jedi to ever exist, but he never really had to deal with the things that the Jedi order had to deal with during the Clone Wars. I say hands down that Mace Windu is the best Jedi Warrior. Had it not been for that pesky Anakin, I believe Mace may have had a real chance at destroying Darth Sidious.

CainMarkoSith
01.14.2012 , 07:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sollinton View Post
Luke Skywalker has been officially named as the most powerful force user in the history of the Star Wars universe. Darth Sidious is the second most powerful (first most powerful Sith).

There is really no point in debating their actual strength seeing as the creators of the fantasy have declared with finality who is stronger.

Now in terms of who is the most bad***, that's an entirely different matter...
Out of curiosity, when and who has named Luke Skywalker the most powerful force user in history?

Wolfninjajedi
01.14.2012 , 07:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CainMarkoSith View Post
Out of curiosity, when and who has named Luke Skywalker the most powerful force user in history?
Pretty much GL and every EU author has.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kiryan
01.14.2012 , 08:09 PM | #24
I am going to have to agree with all the others here: Luke, hands down. Just read the Fate of the Jedi series: every twist that the Lost Tribe throws at him, you find out later he had planned for it from the start; Yoda, Mace, and Obi-Wan can't say the same when it comes to the plots of Sidious/Palpatine (and he was only one man, not a whole tribe of sith!).

CainMarkoSith
01.14.2012 , 08:12 PM | #25
I have seen all of the GL interviews in the the bonus material of the various movie dvd and blu-ray editions and I have never seen him say Luke was the most powerful force user ever. I haven't read all the EU books but a lot of then and I have seen "one of the most powerful jedi to ever live" but nothing crowning him to that. Power creep tends to happen when one continues to be a central figure in books dealing with super heroics. You see it in comics, video games, and novels all the time. Just look how powerful Galen Marek is.

CainMarkoSith
01.14.2012 , 08:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiryan View Post
I am going to have to agree with all the others here: Luke, hands down. Just read the Fate of the Jedi series: every twist that the Lost Tribe throws at him, you find out later he had planned for it from the start; Yoda, Mace, and Obi-Wan can't say the same when it comes to the plots of Sidious/Palpatine (and he was only one man, not a whole tribe of sith!).
These are Sith that have been cutoff from the universe for 5000 years. In the latest novel when he and Jania fight off 6 back to back he internally comments that all their experience is dueling, no real world experience.

Someone like Lord Hoth spent his life fighting only opponents experienced in War, the galaxy was ravaged by and had been his entire life. Yet he hewed through them like a whirling dervish.

Belth Allusis last stand was against 50000 seasoned troops with a force less than a tenth that size. Those things have to be taken into consideration.

Wolfninjajedi
01.14.2012 , 08:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CainMarkoSith View Post
I have seen all of the GL interviews in the the bonus material of the various movie dvd and blu-ray editions and I have never seen him say Luke was the most powerful force user ever. I haven't read all the EU books but a lot of then and I have seen "one of the most powerful jedi to ever live" but nothing crowning him to that. Power creep tends to happen when one continues to be a central figure in books dealing with super heroics. You see it in comics, video games, and novels all the time. Just look how powerful Galen Marek is.
Galen Marek is equal to ROTJ Luke(least imo), novel wise since the novel of TFU is canon not the gameplay. Its around somewhere but with all the novels about Luke its pretty much a no brainier that he is the best.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_..._and_abilities
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Maurdiib
01.14.2012 , 09:03 PM | #28
Great Warrior? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*Ehmm ehmm*

*Hep hep*

War does not make one great.

bfishback
01.14.2012 , 10:35 PM | #29
Luke.

Sigh, I really hate Luke just because of that. It's really annoying having an official "best jedi of all time", because it ruins all arguments. Whenever these threads come up we really should just ignore Luke.

Zyillo
01.14.2012 , 11:19 PM | #30
Ganner Rhysode.

Best Star Wars death ever.

99% of characters in the Star Wars universe get completely anti-climactic death scenes.

Ganner being the 1% exception.
I have been playing for a month. I deserve a level 50, full Battlemaster gear and the epic mount that you looted from Soa. I will get this all in 1.2 because I am the 99%