Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dont give us more content

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 07:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by FrankPowers View Post
However, BioWare is the developing company as a division of EA, while EA is the publishing company. It is most likely EA pushing for release - not BioWare.
Yep, and I hold them responsible for the quality of the game. I will not jump on the evil publisher bandwagon. Bioware made the game, I will give them the credit for the good content and the bad.

FrankPowers
01.13.2012 , 07:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Menisong View Post
Yep, and I hold them responsible for the quality of the game. I will not jump on the evil publisher bandwagon. Bioware made the game, I will give them the credit for the good content and the bad.
Fair enough, I do not agree but everyone are entitled to have their own opinion ^^

Bobty
01.13.2012 , 08:01 PM | #23
Are you saying the peope that design the content don't take part in fixing it?
There is a reasonable chance they don't, at least not fully.

For instance the creative team, responsible for all the artwork, stories and models/instances certainly would have very limited input in troubleshooting bugs.

It is the same as how people in the company I work for who log and work on cases are not the same people responsible for setting up new projects and implementing the systems.

Whilst I do agree that fixing what is currently broken should take precedence it almost seems a bit glib to say "stop work on all new content till everything is working 100%" as if a script writer will have a remote understanding of how the chest unlock mechanics work.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 08:06 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobty View Post
Whilst I do agree that fixing what is currently broken should take precedence it almost seems a bit glib to say "stop work on all new content till everything is working 100%" as if a script writer will have a remote understanding of how the chest unlock mechanics work.
Never said stop working on new content. I said don't put bad content on live. Again, developing new content and putting onto live is two different things.

Its also ta little glib to imply that we are talking about making things work 100%. we are talking about bosses not spawning, not being able to reenter the instance after a wipe and having to reset the instance. This is quite different than occasionally my character appears to be running as though he is sitting in a chair.

Bobty
01.13.2012 , 08:11 PM | #25
Never said stop working on new content. I said don't put bad content on live. Again, developing new content and putting onto live is two different things.

Its also ta little glib to imply that we are talking about making things work 100%. we are talking about bosses not spawning, not being able to reenter the instance after a wipe and having to reset the instance. This is quite different than occasionally my character appears to be running as though he is sitting in a chair.
Yes and we are also talking about a developers first ever attempt at launching an MMO.

I had literally 0 bugs with any single player Bioware game I have ever played, excluding failing to sign in to that console thingy on the Mass Effect menu screen.

It does sound like people are demanding things work pretty much 100%, given that the game is working pretty damn well as it stands as a whole.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 08:18 PM | #26
Yes and we are also talking about a developers first ever attempt at launching an MMO.

I had literally 0 bugs with any single player Bioware game I have ever played, excluding failing to sign in to that console thingy on the Mass Effect menu screen.

It does sound like people are demanding things work pretty much 100%, given that the game is working pretty damn well as it stands as a whole.
I am not demanding that it work perfectly at all. I am saying if EV is not ready to be put on live, if it is buggy as hell, work on it and put out the quality product you refer to from Bioware. I am saying work on making content you do have out, in this case EV, work properly BEFORE putting out new group based content.

We dont need 4 new bosses in Karraga's Palace, we need the operation that is considered complete to work as designed. IMO.

Bobty
01.13.2012 , 08:22 PM | #27
I am not demanding that it work perfectly at all. I am saying if EV is not ready to be put on live, if it is buggy as hell, work on it and put out the quality product you refer to from Bioware. I am saying work on making content you do have out, in this case EV, work properly BEFORE putting out new group based content.

We dont need 4 new bosses in Karraga's Palace, we need the operation that is considered complete to work as designed. IMO.
Well yes, but if I was to play Devil's advocate I would be disgruntled about a lack of endgame content.

It goes back to my original point which was that there is no reason not to release content, just as much as there is no reason for BW to stop working on existing bugs.

Unless however there is some fundamental flaw causing current raids to not function properly which will carry over into new content.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 08:24 PM | #28
Well yes, but if I was to play Devil's advocate I would be disgruntled about a lack of endgame content.

It goes back to my original point which was that there is no reason not to release content, just as much as there is no reason for BW to stop working on existing bugs.

Unless however there is some fundamental flaw causing current raids to not function properly which will carry over into new content.
The end game content isnt working well AT ALL. If they put out more content like EV the game is going to be in a very very very bad place. The game has plenty of end game content after 1 month, problem is it isnt working well at all. I am telling you right now, if Karraga's Palace's 4 new bosses are as buggy as EV is atm, this game will be in trouble.

Edit: I am not talking aobut small bugs, I am talking aobut bosses not spawning or being locked out of the instance, having to reset it and clear trash all over again after each wipe. We all expect bugs, but these types of bugs are effecting the enjoyment of the game.

Berjiz
01.13.2012 , 09:13 PM | #29
Did ev today and had to reset twice due to bugs, probably an hour wasted on thrash there. The speeders also failed to appear once. Also died because of the second boss bugs twice. And what is up with distrubuting loot randomly? There is an high chance of people getting stuff they have no use of.

Were unable to finish the last boss. Once we got him to 3% and he just disappered. Also shield not disappering as it should at least once.

Vandaman
01.13.2012 , 09:28 PM | #30
These bugs did not exist during beta.... What does it take to get it through your heads...? When it goes from a few thousand ppl to nearly a million people these bugs find their way into the game.