Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dont give us more content

FrankPowers
01.13.2012 , 07:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Menisong View Post
They can continue to design content. Designing content and putting it into the live game is 2 different things. Eternity Vault is an embarrassment to Bioware imo at least as it stands now.

Not too mention seems like an aweful philosphy to have the people who actually developed the content not participate in locating and correcting the problem(bug fixing).

I assume that there are a lot more than 2 coders working on this game. Everyone do not have the knowledge about all the aspects of the code content. People with the knowledge to fix these problems are probably working constantly in trying to fix ém - and fixing problems in code can take ages. It is not a matter of just finding it and its done.

Meanwhile - design and graphical contens are being produced but they cant just let this stuff sit in a corner and wait. The amount of work that would have been done would probably be overwhelming once the most of the bugs have been sorted out. So a team with coders implamenting this content into the game is required - letting the story progress even if the game isnt perfect yet.

And about developers helping out by locating problems in the content they´ve helped creating through design and graphics? For them - that would involve playing areas of the game over and over again, when they instead could do more productive things. It is up the Quality Assurance team (and the players) to find these problems so they can be fixed.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 07:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by FrankPowers View Post
I assume that there are a lot more than 2 coders working on this game. Everyone do not have the knowledge about all the aspects of the code content. People with the knowledge to fix these problems are probably working constantly in trying to fix ém - and fixing problems in code can take ages. It is not a matter of just finding it and its done.

Meanwhile - design and graphical contens are being produced but they cant just let this stuff sit in a corner and wait. The amount of work that would have been done would probably be overwhelming once the most of the bugs have been sorted out. So a team with coders implamenting this content into the game is required - letting the story progress even if the game isnt perfect yet.
i just find it horrible workmanship to put out something like EV. That should never have hit live...IMO. I do understand that a lot of people think this is normal for an mmo at launch. In the long run they have to produce quality content, not worry about who sits arouond, who is out of a job.....if the product is shoddy ( as EV is now) subs are going to plummet and they will all be out of a job.

Kelticfury
01.13.2012 , 07:33 PM | #13
I seriously doubt that the people who put together quests and such have anything to do with bug fixes. Content makers most likely use a set of prebuilt tools and drop stuff in to an instance map. The problem here is bugs in the mechanics of things, which very rarely do content creators mess with.

mcgeiger
01.13.2012 , 07:35 PM | #14
The problem is a game designer cant say hey this isnt done yet, as the attitude of most publishers in the market is, "oh its fine we can patch it post launch". EA specifically has done this with alot of its titles and i wish game companies would go back to pushing games back like they used to.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 07:35 PM | #15
It is up the Quality Assurance team (and the players) to find these problems so they can be fixed.
I am not talking about exploits and quirky bugs, we are talking aobut EV being bugged at every boss in the instance. These are not things that are hard to find, they punching you in the face. When annihilation droid doesnt spawn, my god that up to the players to find? When you cant reenter the instance after a wipe and have to reset it, thats up to the players to find? This game is going to fail if this is truly their philosophy. The PTR should help a lot, in fact they should have put EV on the PTR before putting it on live....imo.

FrankPowers
01.13.2012 , 07:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Menisong View Post
I am not talking about exploits and quirky bugs, we are talking aobut EV being bugged at every boss in the instance. These are not things that are hard to find, they punching you in the face. When annihilation droid doesnt spawn, my god that up to the players to find? When you cant reenter the instance after a wipe and have to reset it, thats up to the players to find? This game is going to fail if this is truly their philosophy. The PTR should help a lot, in fact they should have put EV on the PTR before putting it on live....imo.
Okey, sorry - I misunderstood. But these things seem to be all about code in the game. Designers and graphical artists cant help out in any way..

And as a previous post said - dont blame the developers. It is always the publishers that pushes the launch because they want it to launch when the chances of people buying it is greatest. All the developers can do is smile and work hard to get as much done as possible.

mcgeiger
01.13.2012 , 07:41 PM | #17
EV was tested and showcased and did not have these bugs in the limited testing environments, when they have thousands of people doing it every day it reveals alot of things that may not have been noticed, or they are in the process of fixing and it is either extremely complicated, or causes other problems(possibly worse ones) when you fix the ones currently there. Fixing the boss to spawn likely isnt going to be as simple as editing a few dozen lines of code.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 07:46 PM | #18
And as a previous post said - dont blame the developers. It is always the publishers that pushes the launch because they want it to launch when the chances of people buying it is greatest. All the developers can do is smile and work hard to get as much done as possible.
Yeah, I am not blaming the "devs" per se...I am blaming Bioware. They are making the game. they are the ones that have said it will be Bioware quality, they are the ones that have said we won't put "thngs" out until it is ready. I am not going to jump on the blame the publisher bandwagon either, Bioware made this game, it is on them.

However, I am not so mad I am giving up my subscription. I think they have a very very fun game. But I am not at all excited to hear we get a new flashpoint, when the operations they have in game now don't work as intended.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 07:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by mcgeiger View Post
EV was tested and showcased and did not have these bugs in the limited testing environments, when they have thousands of people doing it every day it reveals alot of things that may not have been noticed, or they are in the process of fixing and it is either extremely complicated, or causes other problems(possibly worse ones) when you fix the ones currently there. Fixing the boss to spawn likely isnt going to be as simple as editing a few dozen lines of code.
You are misunderstanding what I am saying. I am not saying it is easy or fast to fix. I am saying they should have found these major problems before it went live. This is what BETA is for, they chose a "weekend" beta for starter zones, they screwed up, I think the "docters" have even made comments regarding this.

FrankPowers
01.13.2012 , 07:50 PM | #20
*Edited