Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dont give us more content

hoonz
01.13.2012 , 06:57 PM | #1
fix the gamebreaking stuff thats in operations atm....some of the most common ones

1. Weeekly quests rarely complete
2. Chests are still bugged on pylon and council
3. People still die on zoning into kraggas
4. Kraggas weekly dosnt reset the next week (for some)
5. Puzzle boss in hardmode still iffy
6. 16 man norm soa lightning balls appear during 2nd dropdown phase
7. 8 man norm same as no. 7

although BW dosnt answer these types of posts and if they do they say "But we can do both new content and fix bugs" when these game breaking bugs have been going since our first nights of raiding i post in the hope that the current 4+ open tickets for lost loot...incompleted quests and boss bugs DONT get the usual crappy protocol droid that gives the useless generic answer of

1. We have passed it onto the appropriate people (closes ticket and never hear back again)

2. The equally pointless "look out for patchnotes".....wow...just wow

Hate to say it but with its opening success the only thing that will kill SWTOR is SWTOR and they doing a great job of making it happen
"I used to be a Trooper....now im just an Australian"
"Can you....like....make your toons....like....hair longer...like"
Q&A session SDCC 2011. And this person is in the "Green zone"

soove
01.13.2012 , 07:02 PM | #2
I agree that bugs should be a top priority if they are keeping people from completing the content at a appropriate level, but as it is we need more content to fill up our weekly play time.
I'm unique.
Just like everyone else.

hoonz
01.13.2012 , 07:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by soove View Post
I agree that bugs should be a top priority if they are keeping people from completing the content at a appropriate level, but as it is we need more content to fill up our weekly play time.
so you saying youve completed nightmare modes?

your a better player then me then coz i cant get past bugged bosses
"I used to be a Trooper....now im just an Australian"
"Can you....like....make your toons....like....hair longer...like"
Q&A session SDCC 2011. And this person is in the "Green zone"

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 07:09 PM | #4
This is spot on. I can't believe how bad eternity vault is atm. I would be embarrassed if I were a Bioware dev. I totally agree we don't need more content, we need content to work as designed.

Unfortunalty I think we are going to be seeing huge overhauls of most of the game systems in this game. Crafting, operations, gear, itemization, etc all seem to be underdeveloped , unpolished, and untested.

DuronXM
01.13.2012 , 07:11 PM | #5
The content and bug fixes come from different departments of the company, if the content stopped, that would mean there are people in the company that are out of jobs or not working at all.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 07:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DuronXM View Post
The content and bug fixes come from different departments of the company, if the content stopped, that would mean there are people in the company that are out of jobs or not working at all.
Are you saying the peope that design the content don't take part in fixing it?

FrankPowers
01.13.2012 , 07:14 PM | #7
Well, they probably can do both things at the same time. The crew working with SWTOR is probably not a small one - and everyone do got different tasks. Fixing a lot of these bugs are probably mostly about trying to find the code that is causing the problem and fix it. The bugs can also be of a graphical or design nature - but still. While this is being done - what are the other members of the crew that cant work on the bugs going to do? Sit and wait until the content already out is all fixed so they can move on?

DuronXM
01.13.2012 , 07:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FrankPowers View Post
Well, they probably can do both things at the same time. The crew working with SWTOR is probably not a small one - and everyone do got different tasks. Fixing a lot of these bugs are probably mostly about trying to find the code that is causing the problem and fix it. The bugs can also be of a graphical or design nature - but still. While this is being done - what are the other members of the crew that cant work on the bugs going to do? Sit and wait until the content already out is all fixed so they can move on?
Exactly, I know in my line of work - I don't do the job of the guy right next to me, he gives me work to do when he completes what he's doing.

Menisong
01.13.2012 , 07:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by FrankPowers View Post
They can continue to design content. Designing content and putting it into the live game is 2 different things. Eternity Vault is an embarrassment to Bioware imo at least as it stands now.

Not too mention seems like an aweful philosphy to have the people who actually developed the content not participate in locating and correcting the problem(bug fixing).

mcgeiger
01.13.2012 , 07:26 PM | #10
I've seen several threads pop up like this in the last few days and BW has already said in the past that they had additional content to add to the game prepared before launch. Additionally, the teams that would fix bugs and the teams that would create new content would be very different as it requires a different set of skills to be able to fix code, as opposed to inventing it(not saying that its easier or harder, just that it often takes a different way of thinking, and an insane amount of work to create a fix that dosent cause something else to go out of whack).
Additionally the patch notes they released for version 1.1 does address some( no where near to all) of the bugs that have been reported and complained about. While this dosent mean oh we are saved, it means that bioware is working on the issue and possibly that alot of the problems are more complicated than anyone outside of the their dev department realizes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCHgrEnkQ14
at 17:30 they start talking about plans for the future, and around 19:00 he states that new end game content will be released in the first major update(1.1) and this interview was conducted 2 days after release.