Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Courting Gifts - When?

EvanSnowWolf
01.13.2012 , 06:54 PM | #1
I have amassed quite the cargo bay of companion gifts. Most notably, the courting gifts.

I really wanted to romance Elara Dorne. I currently have her at about 5,000 affection points... and I really want to know when I can start giving her Courting gifts.

I am level 27, almost done with Act I. Is it just level/act based?
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Wynternight
01.13.2012 , 07:00 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EvanSnowWolf View Post
I have amassed quite the cargo bay of companion gifts. Most notably, the courting gifts.

I really wanted to romance Elara Dorne. I currently have her at about 5,000 affection points... and I really want to know when I can start giving her Courting gifts.

Are you getting the gifts from crew skills? My SI is 28 and has had a grand total of two thus far.
Mydnite - Sith Assassin Charnel- Sith Marauder Mourn - Sith Sorcerer
Arryanna - Imperial Sniper Malefica - Sith Juggernaut
Harbinger
server Gamer Girl Forever!

EvanSnowWolf
01.13.2012 , 07:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Are you getting the gifts from crew skills? My SI is 28 and has had a grand total of two thus far.
Yes. I have an alt with Underworld Trading that has gotten me like a dozen of the things. But when I give them to her it says +0. Yet, I know she is courtable. Am I waiting for a trigger?
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Wegabe_Awock
01.13.2012 , 07:01 PM | #4
I am not certain, but I know from other class companions (Mako) that courting gifts can be used post-act 1. May be different for Elara, but I imagine it'll be the same.

It appears that companion story is dictated by class story progress (and affection) with no real impact by level. You can't complete some later companion missions which contain combat if the level gap is too great, though.
Wegabe Awock - Star Wars Galaxies (Ahazi/Flurry)

LadyRaven
01.13.2012 , 08:02 PM | #5
Yes. I have an alt with Underworld Trading that has gotten me like a dozen of the things. But when I give them to her it says +0. Yet, I know she is courtable. Am I waiting for a trigger?
Is she is over 5000 affection points you'll need lvl 3 or better gifts to get anything.

Someone had a nice list 0-3999, 4000-5999 etc but I can't find it. Also you have to get one flirt in first before most companions like them at all.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ranadiel_Marius
01.13.2012 , 08:20 PM | #6
Courting gifts are just another category of gifts and have nothing to do with being in a relationship with a character to the best of my knowledge. I probably gave Doc over 100 courting gifts and my JK was most certainly not Bromancing him.

Also if you have already gotten her to 5000 affection, a lot fo those gifts will probably be (almost) worthless by now as that puts her into the third affection bracket, and I believe that means she will get no affection from rank 1 gifts, and she'll only barely get any from rank 2 gifts.

Meira_Arirai
01.14.2012 , 11:20 AM | #7
If I understand correctly, certain companions really like courting gifts even if you're not currently pursuing a relationship. Doc, man-ho that he is, would be one of them. But other companions require you to be either at a certain affection threshhold or a certain point in their story before they evince any interest in courting pretties.

thegrognard
01.14.2012 , 06:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Meira_Arirai View Post
If I understand correctly, certain companions really like courting gifts even if you're not currently pursuing a relationship. Doc, man-ho that he is, would be one of them. But other companions require you to be either at a certain affection threshhold or a certain point in their story before they evince any interest in courting pretties.
Don't forget until they update they have to be opposite sex too

elexier
01.16.2012 , 08:41 AM | #9
Hopefully that will be relitivly soon for the existing companions

Ghostbob-
01.16.2012 , 08:55 AM | #10

---

The courting gifts work on her after you finish Act 1. I used all my saved up courting gifts then. She has been at 10000 affection for a awile now.