Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer - Healer?

Pannther
12.15.2011 , 02:29 AM | #11
Can someone tell me if i can expect problems with a low force pool while healing ?
I will put the 5 points in the Lightning tree at begining, so i will have Reserves and Electric Induction asap...

MerekGalen
12.15.2011 , 03:29 AM | #12
Duo'd everything with my Brother (inc Heroic 4 quests) with me as healer and him as tank (currently lvl 17). I have only run out of force a couple times, and usually because of poor preparation on boss fights (the 'whirlwind' ability that takes a mob out of combat for 60 seconds is awesome when duoing . If you plan well, you shouldn't run out of force.

Mistchiff
12.15.2011 , 10:44 AM | #13
I also played a healing sorc to about lvl 20 over a beta weekend, I found that I could cc and heal without much force pool issue. I believe I had some items that helped increase my force pool and I would def. recommend the early points into the lightning tree since I plan to put 10 overall into it and you really don't get any (well I think you start with 1 once u decide on being a sorc)healing abilities until you progress a bit thru the sorc levels.

Kasias
12.15.2011 , 11:33 AM | #14
I have always played the healer, I love the role, and so far I have enjoyed playing my "healer sorc".. I always announce to the group that I will take main heals..

So far, we've done pretty well, and I'm having a blast.

NedrudRelyt
12.19.2011 , 01:16 AM | #15
"I would rater make a healer than a sorcerer if I'm expected to heal all the time.
I don't mind minor support as sorcerer but spending all my ig time healing ... "

What does this mean, UrbanChili?
I play a sorceror AS a healer.
Yes, bodyguard BH and medic IA are also options, but, along with corruption SI, they are all healers.
Only major issue I have had so far are players that stand in persistent effects (ie: fire) or ignore instructions (kill adds means now, right away, not after the boss is dead).

ryancwn
12.19.2011 , 01:20 AM | #16
GW 2 is moving away from the trinity since you can't heal other effectively. (most effective heal in GW 2 is self heal)

SWTOR however is still a game base on the holy trinity. Tank which generate threat to hold agro while the healers heals and the DPS mauling on the mobs.

Otys
12.19.2011 , 01:57 AM | #17
In beta I started as full healer spec for warzones at lvl 22. I was largely unimpressed with the strength of my heals and soon re-specced Madness. I lost a bit of healing but made up substantially in the damage department. There is a great potential for multiple characters off-healing and contributing the DPS needed to succeed. Add this to the universal shield the Sorcerer gets and you get more leeway on healing required.

I wouldn't say a Sorcerer HAS to be the main healer but no matter the spec you can take some of the healing load when required.

There are some nice healing talents higher in the skill tree that will make the Sorcerer a strong main healer.

Grunn
12.19.2011 , 12:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Pannther View Post
Can someone tell me if i can expect problems with a low force pool while healing ?
I will put the 5 points in the Lightning tree at begining, so i will have Reserves and Electric Induction asap...
Yes, this is the biggest challenge for Sorcs. Learn to manage your Force pool and keep it above 50% at all times if possible. The lower it goes...the slower it fills back up.