Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wiping on HM esseless Ironfist fight

Xarem
01.13.2012 , 02:59 PM | #1
So ive ran HM Essless twice now as a properly geared shadow tank (all pvp gear thats been modded to replace accuracy with shield chance+ shield absorb) with some buddies who are also almost equally geared as me and for the life of us we seem to get stuck on Ironfist

The setup is me Shadow Tank, Commando healer, Scoundrel dps and the other person has either been a dps commando or Hybrid sage.

We interrupt all of his aimed shots to eliminate that factor and when adds come i Aoe taunt them while they get dpsed down quickly and during rockets everyone huddles close so we can just aoe heal through the hits

Usually no one will die during the fight but it seems like we get him down to 10-20% and he must be hitting his enrage time because i will suddenly drop like a rock with the rest of the team to of course follow.

A couple times on our last run he would occasionally seem to turn and Shoyruken the scoundrel and basically one shot him which both seems odd that he does that much damage in one hit as well as the possibility of me losing aggro is impossible

Is there something were doing wrong here? Is it really that were just not doing enough damage and hes enraging?

Any advice is welcome

Mantang
01.13.2012 , 03:24 PM | #2
I've done him a couple different ways now. Once we did it with the dps and healer between him and the computer consul to prevent knockback to give more time to dps. However, according to the healer we were taking a lot more damage. At the end of the day we just did the fight with no special mechanics. Your dps output may just not be high enough for hard mode.

Mavery
01.13.2012 , 04:08 PM | #3
You didn't do enough DPS. It's as simple as that.

Tell your Sage to spec all the way into DPS. None of this hybrid stuff. DPS him through Missle Salvo -- do not run around. You obviously don't want to die, but you need to do DPS through the attack.

HM FPs, sadly, are all about "did you bring enough DPS." Your group didn't.

Obstero
01.13.2012 , 06:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
You didn't do enough DPS. It's as simple as that.

Tell your Sage to spec all the way into DPS. None of this hybrid stuff. DPS him through Missle Salvo -- do not run around. You obviously don't want to die, but you need to do DPS through the attack.

HM FPs, sadly, are all about "did you bring enough DPS." Your group didn't.
I'm sorry to say this is the truth. I can keep my team above 50% health all of the time until he hits enrage and pwns us. You have to focus on interrupting his headshots and DPSing him a lot.

If you hear one sharp "Pow!", it's over.

azmundai
01.13.2012 , 09:52 PM | #5
so is every fight in every hard mode an enrage timer fight?
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

KaiHeilos
01.13.2012 , 10:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by azmundai View Post
so is every fight in every hard mode an enrage timer fight?
Yes. Once you hit 50 the game becomes a simple DPS check.

loperit
01.13.2012 , 10:54 PM | #7
As far as i can tell the majority of instances on HM have a gear check boss, Usually the second or first ( Not including mini bosses ). Ironfist is a tight enrage i suggest that all your dps stay on the boss and u as the tank cleave down the adds, sit on the boss during the missile phase (sorry healers) and constantly interrupt his headshot
You underestimate my power!

azmundai
01.13.2012 , 11:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
Yes. Once you hit 50 the game becomes a simple DPS check.
you have to be kidding me .. that's pathetic. it's hard to believe what has happened to this genre.
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

Kaonis
01.13.2012 , 11:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by azmundai View Post
you have to be kidding me .. that's pathetic. it's hard to believe what has happened to this genre.
I couldn't agree more. My group tried Black Talon tonight on hard mode. We're on a low pop server so pickings for a 50 are low enough as is, and half the the 50's at present only want to farm PVP, so when I got a healer me and my 2 RL friends tried it, we had 2 tank spec, figured it'd be fine, but enrage killed us every time, and it wasn't even a long timer it was about 3 min and then we were gone.

It's truly pathetic that we can't even attempt a flash point now without the "optimally perfect" set up to do "lawls big numbers fast!". There's no strategy, just have the best gear and do damage faster than the boss can rage. There's 0 fun factor in that. The boss fights were challenging enough, adding artificial difficulty is a cheap and terrible game design and shouldn't be done.

smokebuds
01.30.2012 , 08:11 AM | #10
Well im not really sure,. but we just wiped 5x,. after the 2nd missile barrage his enraged,. thats not even 2min into the fight,. we got him down to 30% in under 2min,.. so is it bugged or do we have to kill him in 90sec?