Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no combat gathering?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Why no combat gathering?

Krabcakes
12.14.2011 , 03:42 PM | #21
Ah. It's nice to see people whining about resource nodes already.

Eliminate
12.14.2011 , 03:44 PM | #22
just an side note , its not the player that takes the node but their companion.
if someone just steals the node it could be seen as he is roleplaying evil ? maybe give them a
point down the tube ? hahaha

ohh nevermind this would def become an exploid, so uncool some human behavior.
oh wel that how the coockie crumbles

lightspeed
12.14.2011 , 03:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Krabcakes View Post
Ah. It's nice to see people whining about resource nodes already.
Actually this issue has been discussed all throughout beta. At least the 3+ months I tested. Really wish Bioware would have taken some kind of measure.
Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything. JH

DarthHovak
12.14.2011 , 04:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LawnKnome View Post
It takes 10 seconds to help the person fighting. Or you could whisper them. Or you could just wait and stand next to the node.

I know if i was clearing to a node and someone started harvesting I would at least do a /rude

I think that gets the point across that you are a jerk.

Honestly the whole "Well what about the people that steal from me?" argument is dumb. You are just furthering the downfall. Guess I should just run red lights since I saw that other guy do it.
The problem with this is then the person calls you out in General for being a crybaby QQ'er.

"Hey LawnKnome, you gonna cry some more about me taking your precious little flower? U mad bro? HAHA Loser"

It happens. Trust me. I have wanted to step through the pc into another players house and literally piss in their face for some the the stupid, juvenile bullsheet they will say in general chat because they just want to be stupid trolls.

I have played MMO's long enough that I have just gotten over being nice because nobody else is regardless of how many people say they are on the forums.

Tarka
12.14.2011 , 05:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Phaedrynn View Post
I see...rationalization to justify being a jerk. Got it.

You see someone fighting next to a node, you move along. You don't need to see what their crew skills are to show some common courtesy. You really don't need to get every last node you see you know, there will be more...I promise.

Or...just be a jerk

/shrug
1000x this.

I'm already starting to see the idiots appearing on my server. Those who cannot seem to get their heads around the fact that if they see a node / mission item and someone is fighting beside it then perhaps, just perhaps, THAT person ALSO needs it too.

Those people use the "it will respawn in minutes, what's your problem?" excuse.
Common courtesy seems to be lost on some people.

Its a case of first come, first served. If you see someone there, wait, and see if they take it. You may be surprised by the result. If you can't wait, go find another node / mission item.

The community really needs to start acting more mature, civilised and courteous, before it becomes a copy of the stereotypical stories you hear about the WoW community.
Supporter of having the following in the game:
Full Control Space Combat, More Playable Species (not unlockable),
Swimming, Sitting In Chairs, Planetary Day / Night Cycles and other MMORPG elements
MMO's are not meant to be films, and neither should they be movie-studio set tours

Katnap
12.14.2011 , 05:09 PM | #26
What's sad is this makes me really wary of playing this game. I'm coming from LOTRO and jacking nodes is a pretty rare thing. Usually it happens by accident if a person doesn't see you because of environmental obstacles.

To think that this might be a comman thing makes me cringe. I do wish game devs could come up with a way to prevent this. Maybe allow your companion to tag the node before he goes into combat mode. I don't know, but there must be some way. With luck it will be something they come up with in an update.

ReverendRoxxo
12.14.2011 , 06:10 PM | #27
Why all the stress over such meaningless stuff? Someone steals my node, its a little annoying, but it isn't the end of the world, there are other nodes. Common courtesy is as simple as waiting the 30seconds to see if they want it. If a handful of nodes being "taken" from you is that big a deal, you have much bigger problems than resources in a video game.

-ReverendRoxxo

AJGeraden
12.14.2011 , 06:31 PM | #28
Yeah, the stealing is irritating. What I REALLY loved in beta was two separate quests on Balmorra that had me setting off a device, fighting an ambush, then doing something else to it. During both of these I had jerks run up and perform the second action while I was fighting. Doubly pointless on a mission, because they just have to go back and do the first part after me anyway, so they're delaying BOTH of us.

As for the resource nodes, yeah, it sucks when people are rude. Maybe someday the MMO makers will add in a good tagging system to prevent that.

Ikkeditnavn
12.14.2011 , 06:50 PM | #29
People will be like this, it can't be avoided. But I might point out that the majority in most games are not, however when someone does pass over the node you are fighting for, you won't really notice. But you will notice the tool that steals it.
We can sit all day and argue about being nice and not, those that are nice will remain that way, and the others... well you know. Anything we agree on will just be a 'code of the willing'. It won't matter much.

Tagging nodes would help this greatly though. It is still the same person that needs to kill the mobs, and since it is only a tag you can't just loot and run. I wonder why such a thing isn't used. I mean what is the argument against it? It won't hurt the tools, and it won't hurt the nice. But it will help the guy trying to fight for the node.

AshramDarkstar
12.14.2011 , 07:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ApesAmongUs View Post
Well, the correct thing that should happen is that people should avoid designing games that set up this type of situation.

It's not like this is a new thing that no one has ever seen before.
This. It's just poor design.