Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo
01.13.2012 , 02:49 PM | #1
Bioware,

Please allow Advanced Class Respec. There's no reason for this, give players the choice! If you're worried it will hurt your story or something - don't. You don't seem to care you send Jedi to go slaughter hundreds of Sand People, so why care about something that is needlessly restricting players?

Thanks!

EDIT:
If you want to say "NO" or "Bioware will never do this!"...

WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...OmWk47c#t=316s

Thanks to Salzwasser for the link.

...and to finally put matters to rest, read: http://torwars.com/2011/12/01/stephe...***-switching/

ghezundheit
01.13.2012 , 02:55 PM | #2
In one word, no.

You are directed to pick between two options and then given three options within your choice to fiddle with.

Have two characters from each choice, makes the game fun and interesting as you level two and see how they come to differ.

Play the game, don't nitpick it.
-- Ghezu
If there is a bounty with your name on it,
You know why you have been bagged and tagged.

Avrose
01.13.2012 , 02:56 PM | #3
Aion doesn't have it why should they here?
"Yes… and what are they without the Force? Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains?."
―Kreia

deblin
01.13.2012 , 02:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ghezundheit View Post
Have two characters from each choice, makes the game fun and interesting as you level two and see how they come to differ.
While I agree with the "no" answer, your reasoning kind of leaves the people that play the game for the storylines annoyed, since this would require playing the same content over again just to change one decision.

Orici
01.13.2012 , 02:58 PM | #5
This has been discussed to death..

No

/thread
If your soldiers fear you, they'll fight for you. If they love you, they'll die for you.
¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█|{▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

TItanten
01.13.2012 , 02:58 PM | #6
In the immortal words of fake Vader:

NOoooooOOoOooOOooooooOoOoooooOoOoooOoOoooo!

Freyar
01.13.2012 , 02:58 PM | #7
No, re-roll to change your AC.

Vesperascit
01.13.2012 , 02:59 PM | #8
No, games get dumbed down enough as it is. Now you want people to be able to change classes whenever they want?

Just....no
Squadron 238
Never Forget .! It is for him that we fight! All Hail .!

A Jedi is just a Sith who has yet to realize his full potential

Orvish
01.13.2012 , 03:00 PM | #9
No. And here's why: Many ACs are fundamentally different from one another.

Take the Sith Warrior for example. The Juggernaut for one uses a single blade. They also have access to other forms which augment abilities in different ways. Now, transition to the Marauder. Here's where you really see the differences.

The Marauder has its own unique resource system (Fury) in addition to rage. Unleashing this fury gives you bonuses in combat. Managing Fury, timing when to release it, etc, are all integral parts of the Marauder style.

They play in very different ways from one another down to their specific abilities. Juggernauts can "Sunder" armor, Marauders deal bleed damage, etc. They are very much different classes. It'd be akin to asking to change from your Warrior into a Rogue.
"You've lost perspective like a picture by Escher; it's the pressure."

Dark Side and loving it.

Durstilla
01.13.2012 , 03:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ghezundheit View Post
In one word, no.

You are directed to pick between two options and then given three options within your choice to fiddle with.

Play the game, don't nitpick it.
And for those who picked a advanced class they didn't like then what? I would hate to rerole and spend all of that time getting back to the point I was at. For example I chose Assassin think it would be fun, it wasn't. I fully understand how to use it but I hate it so much. But I am a lvl 20 and I don't want to rerole becuase unlike some people I don't have that much time.

Anyway there are no cons to respecing your advanced class so /signed.