Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give Force Lightning to dark alignment Jedi Consulars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Give Force Lightning to dark alignment Jedi Consulars

dronepilot
01.17.2012 , 05:12 AM | #41
If this was to happen, that dark aligned consulars got Lightning then it should be balanced with LS consular having the skill to deflect lighting. Masters such as Master Windu and Yoda BOTH were able to do this to some extent. So there should be balance for all players.

Lockyda
01.17.2012 , 07:51 AM | #42
heck I just want lightning for flavor... in all the KoTOR games it's always been a darkside ability... and as far as trained... feh I can argue that if your strong in the force you can eventually figure it out for yourself.

personally I'd like to see my Aura in meditate turn dark or red... project get a lightning animation grafted on to it

... maybe throw rock turned into javalining the lightsaber... mayme that is a little to much knight mixed in though heh.

shamrockjew
01.17.2012 , 10:28 AM | #43
I actually stopped playing my Assassin and switched to Shadow *because* of the lightning animations. They are over the top and it felt as if my Assassin had one force ability that he just uses over and over. As a Shadow I feel as though I have several force powers (throwing big objects, the 'pebble storm' as I call it, etc).

I'd have to agree with the people here who are saying that force lightning is taught, not achieved by moral choices. We're not mood rings, we're Jedi and our particular Jedi knows a lot about moving big objects with the force, but knows nothing about turning the force into lightning.
Set phasers to stun! I mean, set lighsabers to... on.

Inzuher
10.29.2012 , 08:08 AM | #44
Ofc they should have lightning. It's a dark side power, not a sith only power.
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".

JamieKirby
10.30.2012 , 04:11 AM | #45
I hope you know that force lightning and the consular's version is virtually identical, the only difference is the animation and the damage type, otherwise they are exactly the same, so i don't see how it would be so difficult.