Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smuggler Companion Guide (Info & Tips)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Smuggler Companion Guide (Info & Tips)

Saviorofcamelot
01.20.2012 , 05:45 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyphear View Post
The best way I found to keep from driving my self crazy jumping back and forth between my character view and my companions when trying to figure out if this item is better then what my companion has was to turn on the companion compare option so that when I mouse over an item it shows both myself and my active companion and compares the item.
I didn't even know that was a option (I never really looked). THANK YOU.

I spend a lot of time keeping all my companions geared and this will help make things much easier!
Kamikazi - 40+ Scoundrel Healer - The Courageous
Kamikazi - 50 Sage Healer- Jedi Covenant

erichough
01.21.2012 , 01:24 AM | #32
If you are hunting for techblades/staves for Akaavi check the main weapon vendor on each new planet - they all carry at least 2 levels of techblades/staves, although the weapons are green they are still an upgrade. My sage has been having the same problem with Qyzen and that is my current solution, atlhough I am also watching the GTN for folks selling crafted techblades at something approaching a reasonable price

patcooper
01.22.2012 , 08:19 AM | #33
great guide thanks alot very helpful.

Hexoses
01.24.2012 , 06:54 AM | #34
I run as a 38 scrapper specced smuggler scoundrel with corso and i have no problems with him tanking a single elite to a pack of 3-6 mobs no sweat

He has a AoE taunt and the single taunt and harpoon shot combined with tranquillizer shot on another mob allows for interesting engagements

I found bowdaar lacking in the area that corso fills (Being melee limits his usefulness to me)

Risha is very good for fighting elite's if i hold aggro and kite with tendon blast...but if she gains aggro...shes not a tank..and that limits her usefulness outside of dps

The other two i am yet to use more than once

That robot everyone gets.....can we please have a mute button for...every time i go past him on the ship...makes me want to take the escape pod

Saviorofcamelot
01.24.2012 , 09:02 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexoses View Post
I run as a 38 scrapper specced smuggler scoundrel with corso and i have no problems with him tanking a single elite to a pack of 3-6 mobs no sweat

He has a AoE taunt and the single taunt and harpoon shot combined with tranquillizer shot on another mob allows for interesting engagements

I found bowdaar lacking in the area that corso fills (Being melee limits his usefulness to me)

Risha is very good for fighting elite's if i hold aggro and kite with tendon blast...but if she gains aggro...shes not a tank..and that limits her usefulness outside of dps

The other two i am yet to use more than once

That robot everyone gets.....can we please have a mute button for...every time i go past him on the ship...makes me want to take the escape pod
LOL

It'd be nice if we could launch him into space!

Aleious
01.24.2012 , 11:52 AM | #36
I got Corso, Bodar, and Risha good gear now and comparing them is a bit easier now.

All in all they all have their uses, but I still like my Wookie the best. I think the reason is because as a Gunslinger leaning on the Sharp Shooter side I possess enough firepower to take down just about anything. I just don't have enough armor or health to get beat on by anything. It looks good on paper with my 6000+ health and 2000 armor. But if something looks at me funny I'm dead in a few second.

Corso does a fine job of keeping agro off me, but Bodar runs out, engages all the melee mobs, and focus them into a tight group. Then I just rain the pain.

Side note Risha and I take things down faster, but on an elite mob I tried 3 times to kill, I could not. If it agroed to her she died before delivering much damage, then it agroed to me and smoked my butt. Same when done the other way around. I wiped out Bodar and we both lived though the fight.

BTW 39th level on Quesh when I attacked that one Elite.

I think the findings would be different with the scoundrel because you could just heal her up faster than they can beat her down. And her damage output is pretty good.

Another note: The same person who voiced Bubbles, and Ben Ten, Raven, and Holy Quin. Does the voice for Risha. Very cool.

Sogrin
01.25.2012 , 05:43 PM | #37
any smugglers on Darth Sion that needs akavi weapon upgrade are free to send an in game mail to Sogrin, and i'll see what i can come up with (character level 35, armstech is around 200-250 i think).

feel free to pass my name on for consulars as well for qyzen (sp?)

can only make greens currently, as i havent made any before, but an upgrade's an upgrade

Sijanus
01.26.2012 , 12:30 PM | #38
Thank you for information on Bowdarr. My first character was a smuggler specifically because I wanted to hang out with a wookie.

I immediately summoned him and took him out and he died first fight. Bowdarr has not seen the outside of my ship since then.

I will pull him out tonight and gear him up.

Akaavi is a killer but so am I. She is making me look bad.
If we are all Jedi then there is no Jedi.

Saviorofcamelot
01.26.2012 , 07:26 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Sijanus View Post
Akaavi is a killer but so am I. She is making me look bad.
Are you saying she is killing things too fast or that she isn't killing things fast enough?

Thodden
01.29.2012 , 03:43 PM | #40
Could we get a vid of Boddar tanking