Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Hexxe
12.13.2011 , 11:00 AM | #3021
Entered code on 7/22. No invite yet. Not mad just patiently waiting.

Zmferic
12.13.2011 , 11:00 AM | #3022
Why did the Dev pull their post off? Anyone else notice they removed their OWN POST from this thread.

Lezran
12.13.2011 , 11:00 AM | #3023
Quote: Originally Posted by Garrag View Post
What everyone seems to forget is that the early access is so that the DEVs can stress test the servers for the actual release, they are trying to get everything in order for everyone as quickly as the equipment and programing will allow. Don't get me wrong, I am fidgeting in my seat like i did when i was a child 30 years ago on christmas eve but you need to realize that they have to limit the waves of access to control the info on which they are following the inhouse testing. Bottom line you can't make everyone happy all of the time and we need to have respect and trust that they are doing what they can as fast as they can to get everyone into the game and not damage the equipment if that happens then no one can play.
Be patient, be respectful to the staff, and remember that no matter what we all can play after they are sure that the game is stable enough to let everyone in. That said, I can't wait to get in either
NO

The stress tests were already done, this is not stress tests.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild

Darren_Korr
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3024
If people who preordered a few months back are not getting invites and people who ordered in December, like me, are getting invites, it's not fair.
“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.” - Han Solo

AeonWeapon
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3025
Complete nonsense... If I don't have game access when I get home from work tonight I'm canceling my pre-order just on the principle of the matter. I don't like being promised something then the terms of that promise being changed.
I'm hot and you're not. I'm on Tattooine, you're on Hoth.
"Red thingy coming towards the green thingy. Wait, I think we're the green thingy!" --Galaxy Quest
Give us LFG tool & gear appearance customizing please-or I'll blast the Wookie!

Kaitara
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3026
I noticed that the post that originally started this thread is gone. Is there a link to another thread being updated, showing waves?

KremlinKOA
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3027
Quote: Originally Posted by skruffert View Post
Seriously guys. Stop posting your Pre-order date...It's not going to help you.
Yeah, posting pre order data is useless

More seriously though, it says something about the current trust in the BioWare brand when people are believing the trolls over SR on the Dec pre orders getting in bit. It doesn't say anything good though.
21st of July 2011: the day Bioware earned my enmity
1st of March 2012: The day they atoned, and won back my good graces.

paspinall
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3028
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormrigirl View Post
I think they have failed the gaming community and the damage is done. It will take a miracle for them to make this fiasco right. The reality they planned early access ALL WRONG...

That are Treating EGA as a stress Beta and that is a terrible LIE to paying customers....so they are admitting their servers MAY not be able to handle all the people that have already paid for the game?

How else is it to be interpreted other than the servers can not handle the launch ??????

I am worried I paid 90 bucks for a game with terrible servers and service...

and no one talks about the Grace Period at all I guess it is a dead issue now?

My Pre-order said nothing about "waves" and staggered invites this is BULL CRAP! PERIOD!

Except no one IS a paying customer yet. as even the access time etc with the game isnt valid yet.

and besides there isnt a single person on my current server who wasnt July 21st/22nd/23rd

DaBong
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3029
Its over 9,000 !!!

Zaertix
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #3030
Originally Posted by Davidc
Worst game launch ever, how the hell are you supposed to group with your friends to level up and enjoy the game when we all start at different times?

Don't think EA realise that when advertising withing the UK and EU `early access' as a feature of pre-order and then not delivering it for everyone at the same time, they are breaking the law, particularly when they have taken £5.00 deposit for the pre-order.

Wonder how many folks will have to complain to Trading Standards as a result?

This isn't a launch. This is EARLY GAME ACCESS. I don't see the words LAUNCH any where in there.

Please stop calling it the 'worst launch ever'