Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Koyy
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1021
Preordered on 23th of July and I was not in the first 2 batch. Hope to get in today.

This lack of communication doees not sounds good for the future. We've been waiting years for that game, searching with excitment every piece of information we could grab. Now that we're so close to get in you could at least tell us how many total invites you're planning to send and how many batch represents the 21th of July for example. Now I'll be spending my whole day waiting for an email and beeing frustated. Oh yes I could go out and do some other stuff but come on...I've been waiting years for the very moment I'll be able to play I don't really do to anything else at the moment even if I'm pissed to not know if I'll be able to play today or tommorow...

EnlightenedScott
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by Karail View Post
For those saying Euro servers are not up - thats not true my guild mates are online and playing on our euro server

It's already been flagged... they are up, people are in...

Trust your instincts.... feel the dark side of the force :P
(█████████████████████Ξ||||||()██()||||||Ξ█████████████████████)

Tiralyon
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Atelus View Post
CE does get early release, I got my email this morning. Won't be able to play until after work though but yeah, I did receive it and I have CE.

Not totally true, I pre-ordered CE in July, I'm not in yet.

Calamityy
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1024
I hope they hurry up, I keep refreshing my inbox and it's driving me mad!

YagamiJase
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by Shepardess View Post
Do you mean setting up your account to start paying by month?
On the SWTOR launcher it says, "There is currently no active subscripti on this account. Activate your account here." Upon clicking on it, it takes me to my account summary where I have to make five security questions (done that), complete contact information (done that), and then it asks for my Product Registration Code, which I have already entered way back when I pre-orderd for the early edition. I obviously can't use it again.

Firearm
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1026
Awesome news, looking forward to getting my email.
Shadows of Oceania
PVE US West Empire

Jholiday
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1027
LOL @ all you whiners.. Sad times, I hope you are all Jedi. That way I can be sure to look for you in game and you can taste my hot light saber !
You stack em up, I burn em down !

nOOzFIN
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by freakuancy View Post
But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.
Just love you!!!

Lokiliesmith
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurkiba View Post
So from what I'm gathering
There are roughly one million pre-orders of TOR
The stress test beta weekend had roughly two million participants

--

What's the issue? You're telling us that you could handle 2 million people but you can't handle one million people?
There are 1 million preorders. For physical copies. Through major retailers. In the US. Bought it through Origin? Yeah, you're not counted in that 900k. Got it in London? Neither are you. They had 2 million beta testers but I know that out of the dozen or so friends of mine waiting for the game to come out only me and 1 other actually did the beta. Small sample size, I know, but extrapolate it. I'd bet a small pile of credits this game sees well over 3M people within the first week.

ruktuim
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1030
Still no 3rd wave, things look like there slowing down a bit.