Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

rmsmith
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1011
just got third wave email.

DuckingNinja
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1012
I have read through this thread and wanted to say a few things

1) EU servers are up and active, some did go down though. I know this 'cos my very happy fiancee is next to me on his computer playing on the Hex Droid server.

2) Seriously? I think a staggered EARLY ACCESS launch is a great idea. Just think back to the beta - everyone doing the same quests, everything dead and waiting for a while to respawn so you can do it then trying to turn quests in when so many people around the quest giver etc.

It is early access, the fact you're getting in before the official release date is awesome. Not many places would do that.

Like I said, my fiancee is in, I'm not yet and you know what? I don't mind waiting. It is an awesome game and it is worth the wait in my opinion.

Also did many of you realise that the servers went up around 5am Austin time? Mr Stephen himself was waiting for his lift at 4am this morning to get to work to set this up for everyone. Those of you who woke up for the launch of the EGA, just think about them getting up earlier to make sure it runs correctly and making sure everyone can access everything.

So just chill your boots and do one of the many mundane tasks you usually should do everyday in life (like eat, take a shower, say hi to the mother... well maybe not that one) because let's face it, the minute you're in everything else will go out of the window

DefeatedSanity
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1013
Pre-ordered on July 21th at EB Games, got my code around the August 18th... Hope I'll be in today but my hope aren't that high, for second day tho !

LeeSlade
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1014
Quote: Originally Posted by macedontomov View Post
kinda happy this morning when i read the post, now im not anymore. 2 of my friends who redeemed there code 2 months later then i did are already in. Have to say iam disappointed in BW again.

Well i will be happy as soon as im in.
Can't be true why would they do that?
Kill everything!!

djkahless
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1015
3rd wave should come soon i guess, been 1 hour ago for the second one, and 2 hours after the first one.

Fentz
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1016
this is so slow :/ seriously, should be 1 mil players by now, dey so sloow

Nuttcase
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1017
This is going to be a hell of a week

Mnkybttr
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by Wargolem View Post
By the hour ? careful ?

They let like 10 people in the first wave and the second has been going for about an hour and a half.

If they cant stabilize the servers in 3.5 hours with only a fraction of the population in, then they have bigger issues than they can handle.

Telling you, they are making you wait so later they can put out the illusion of a flawless launch.
They will say servers never got stressed at all. Easy to do when you only let 100 people per zone play at a time
10 people in the first wave? TROLOLOLOLOL. The servers have been listed as medium populations, some even have been listed as full, after the second wave of early access. I have at least two guildies on Iron Citadel atm, and if what you're saying is true they're some lucky bastids.

pubkin
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1019
The waiting situation is intensified by the fact that certian MMOs have their maintenance today. Mmm. nothing to do but hit refresh in email. Well that or something crazy like working at a job. pfft, who does that?

skotish
12.13.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by freakuancy View Post
But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.
Thats wrong everyone pre-ordered so they could get in first as i did the same