Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Notes on BioChem and Cybertech in Game Update 1.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Notes on BioChem and Cybertech in Game Update 1.1
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Farabee
01.13.2012 , 02:01 PM | #21
BTW, if you haven't ACTUALLY read the patch notes...

Quote:
Biochem

All Energized, Exotech, and Rakata adrenals and stims now require 400 Biochem for use.
The Exotech Medpac is now named “Exotech Med Unit.” Its overall healing has been reduced and is now in line with similar level medpacs, and it temporarily increases the maximum health of its targets. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.
The amount healed by Rakata Medpacs has been reduced. This item now additionally increases maximum health briefly. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.
This means they actually BUFFED the medpacs for tanks. It's now basically a second Endure Pain cooldown on 90 seconds.

Congrats, you just made an awesome tradeskill for everyone simply mandatory for one role in PVE. Dropping Cybertech like a rock now, BRB.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

ChicksDigHarleys
01.13.2012 , 02:02 PM | #22
The idea of consumables that don't get consumed has to be the dumbest idea ever.
You are playing a frickin video game.
You are not hardcore by any reasonable definition.

McVade
01.13.2012 , 02:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Leilei View Post
You guys are going at this the wrong way. ADRENALS are the problem! not med packs and not stims.

ADRENALS

Either bring them down from blue to green or change the reusable one to have x charges
They did address this in the PvP fix. The way Ops were getting insane numbers was by popping both Biochem and PvP stuff at the same time. They've made it so they no longer stack. Biochem is not a noticable advantage in PvP anymore.
The Official Unofficial Figurehead Of The December Procrastinators.
Fixed for George Lucas
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
"I'm going to keep paying $15 a month for creamed corn because one day I might like it."

Wallach
01.13.2012 , 02:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
BTW, if you haven't ACTUALLY read the patch notes...

This means they actually BUFFED the medpacs for tanks. It's now basically a second Endure Pain cooldown on 90 seconds.

Dropping Cybertech like a rock now, BRB.
Not only that, non-Biochemists have zero access to decent stims and adrenals. Even Energized was made Biochem exclusive, which is level 51 compared to Rakata's level 58.

What in the world?

Drakos
01.13.2012 , 02:03 PM | #25
Now that everything has been balanced down so as to make the rewards from Endgame more beneficial than leveling any of the Crafting Professions (except Cybertech, whose bombs seem to only be obtainable through it's use), my hope is that you guys immediately buff all six crafting professions such that the work and effort involved in leveling them provides its own distinct advantage in the endgame.
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.

GengisKahn
01.13.2012 , 02:04 PM | #26
Georg, from my point of view, you failed to adress the real problem.

The real problem is not Biochem medpack being too powerfull, the problem was the other crew skills being almost useless at end game and the reusable adrenals stacking with relics and other buffs being to powerfull in PVP.

Medpacks werent a problem if the other crafting skills we buffed to worthwhile levels.

photometrik
01.13.2012 , 02:05 PM | #27
I posted a response in the previous thread on this topic. I just reached Biochem 400 and idiot me didn't realize that the reusable med packs were Biochem only. In this case, it further reinforces my belief that they DO need to be nerfed because they give a ridiculous advantage to those who have Biochem as a profession. I am not sorry mad about this nerf at all.
-=The Moonstorm Legacy=- Sanctum of the Exalted
Syrril (Vanguard - Level 50) Auryllanthx (Jedi Sage - Level 29) Imoreh (Jedi Sentinel - Level 18) Brisby (Gunslinger - Level 33)

Farabee
01.13.2012 , 02:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallach View Post
Not only that, non-Biochemists have zero access to decent stims and adrenals. Even Energized was made Biochem exclusive, which is level 51 compared to Rakata's level 58.

What in the world?
Yeah, that made me scratch my head as well. I've been having my Biochem fiance make the Energized stims for me.

I'm hoping beyond hope they reduce the cooldown on the grenades, because I have several of the Rakata earpiece patterns that guildies would really like me to craft for them at this point. If they don't though, I'm going to have to go with Biochem for the prospect of a second Endure Pain cooldown.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

VorpalK
01.13.2012 , 02:07 PM | #29
There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light.
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made.
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade.

There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream "Oppression!"
And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights.
"The oaks are just too greedy;
We will make them give us light."
Now there's no more oak oppression,
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.

Neil Peart -- "The Trees
CE Preorder VIP
PvE players on PVE servers should NEVER be forced into PvP through the actions of greifers. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159167

ChicksDigHarleys
01.13.2012 , 02:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
TL;DR: Fancy words for ‘we nerfed BioChem and Cybertech endgame products’ because they were so good that players started considering them mandatory. Your choice of profession is not supposed to be the deciding factor for participation and success in endgame content. We still believe that BioChem and Cybertech are very worthwhile Crew Skills, especially considering the significant fortune players with these professions are able to realize on the GTN... they are however no longer the ‘golden ticket’ into endgame content.
How does requiring 400 biochem skill to use these items make Biochem any less mandatory than before the nerf?

P.S. When can I expect my Synthweaver to be able to make as many light armor pieces as heavy and medium? There are still huge gaps in light armor recipes.
You are playing a frickin video game.
You are not hardcore by any reasonable definition.