Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voss Heroic 4 - Cyber Mercenaries

UltimateBroski
01.13.2012 , 11:46 AM | #1
By far the worst Heroic. Painfully long, No good rewards. Watch out for the final boss when you get to him 3 hours later. He does this aoe explosion around himself that will kill your group in 3 hits. Will need a ranged tank to stop him from using his aoe. Better to just not do it period.

monimoni
02.24.2012 , 01:16 PM | #2
Thanks for the heads up. I was about to do it.

Sprigget
02.15.2015 , 07:42 PM | #3
This quest is absolutely ridiculous. Myself and some friends ran through this, took an hour and a half before we got to the final boss. We're level 53, 147-rating gear, and are getting stomped by that AOE attack that is seemingly unavoidable.

Update: We gave up after we passed 2 hours and 30 minutes in that instance and had wiped four times. Looked all over the internet for some kind of guide, could not find it, not even sure if that boss is possible at the "proper" level. We started noticing that the AOE attack wasn't our biggest problem: He throws some kind of sticky grenade that sent whoever got stuck about 15 feet in the air and took around 40-50% of their total HP.

AlrikFassbauer
02.16.2015 , 05:39 AM | #5
I don't like this as well. It's just too long & tedious.
I know because I did it so many times ...
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

theJudeAbides
02.16.2015 , 05:56 AM | #6
Agreed. Even soloing it at 60 is just a pain. How many dang champions do I have to kill? Dang! And then there's a another boss after that?!? Oof. I remember doing this at-level with a PUG group and that final boss just punished us. Can't remember how many times we wiped, but it was a lot. I think the only way we got through it was when one of the group members had an over-leveled guildie come and help us out.

And yeah, doing it at 60 for the Rep points is just tedious. Imp side has nothing comparable to this. And yeah, it may be a fossil, but people are still going for rep points and the only way to get anywhere with that is to do the Heroics and Weekly. And as soon as you cap your Rep points, I don't think anyone bothers any more. The money and comms you get versus the time it takes... you're better off just running the Yavin 4 dailies again, even if you've already done the weekly.

AlrikFassbauer
02.16.2015 , 05:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by theJudeAbides View Post
Imp side has nothing comparable to this.
I don't know its imp side, but I'm not surprised. Not to 0 % . It's just Bioware's faction favouritism, which can be seen here as well : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=794746
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

Kackman
02.17.2015 , 04:03 PM | #8
For those doing it at level 60, just run through and click on everything you need to and don't bother fighting any of the mobs. Sure, you'll get a huge train of mobs attacking you, but at 60 they won't do much damage to you and you may even be able to click on everything in one go.

Run out to lose the mobs, run back in, kill the mini-boss and the big boss, then go turn in your mission. It used to take me about 10 minutes to do it this way solo on a Gunslinger at level 55, and if I did happen to die once or twice it was absolutely worth it to not have to spend all that time killing everything.

Saberchic
02.18.2015 , 09:25 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kackman View Post
For those doing it at level 60, just run through and click on everything you need to and don't bother fighting any of the mobs. Sure, you'll get a huge train of mobs attacking you, but at 60 they won't do much damage to you and you may even be able to click on everything in one go.

Run out to lose the mobs, run back in, kill the mini-boss and the big boss, then go turn in your mission. It used to take me about 10 minutes to do it this way solo on a Gunslinger at level 55, and if I did happen to die once or twice it was absolutely worth it to not have to spend all that time killing everything.
^This. I used to solo this at 55 all the time. Go kill the elites. Leave the tanks for last, clicking them and running on the way out; there is no need to fight the champs in the tanks. It's a waste of time. Exit the instance and then go back in. Kill more elites or go around them to get to the final boss.

VaeVictis
02.18.2015 , 11:31 PM | #10
I always did this one a stealth char....let 'em all loose and then vanish so they'll despawn.