Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Legacy Alt: Play yourself as a companion!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Legacy Alt: Play yourself as a companion!

Racheakt
01.13.2012 , 09:48 AM | #21
I have always loved the idea of "an alt as a companion" I tend to play two toons, a tank and a healer. If is could roll my tank out as a "pet" for my healer i would love it.

There would need to be some caveats though, when your alt is your companion you would only have a limited subset of skills like the other companions.

swdrgn
01.13.2012 , 09:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DrMelhattan View Post
This is actually a really cool idea, and I'd be all for it.

I do see a few problems with the combat system, though. Would the Alt-Companion have access to all their skills, or just the ones that available at the same level as the main? And what about specs and people who multi-spec, where skills aren't necessarily associated with a certain level? I could see a problem if you had, say, a level 50 Corruption Sorcerer with access to Revivification while your new main is at level 10. That might put the game on super easy mode for some, which isn't really that bad of a thing.

Still, awesome idea, would really love to see something similar implemented!
Think of the alt companion system as PVP. Once you enter the arena, you are leveled to match the other players, but you can only use your abilities you have at that level.

Also for specs I think there should be a Heal/DPS/Tank stance. What ever stance you put your alt in will use the best of it's given abilities to use. My bounty hunter is a healer. As a companion alt NPC. It would use kolto missles and shield, healing scan etc.

If i respec my merc to be DPS. I hit the DPS stance. Then she will fire unload, tracer missle heat seaking missle etc.
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Trolls suddenly flamed the forums and were suddenly banned."

Kyus
01.13.2012 , 09:51 AM | #23
Love it!

they could impltement a version of this that just used current companion ability bars that suit the AC chosen, for your alts allowing BW to get something like this into the game sooner rather than later.

also BW give us legacy details.... the blank window is killing me
Kyus - Gunslinger - The Katarn Legacy
Hand of Blood
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - EU PVP

Caseus
01.13.2012 , 09:54 AM | #24
This, this is a brillaint post.

100% for this in game it is an amazing idea.

Vis_Vires
01.13.2012 , 09:54 AM | #25
bumped to keep this on the first page. best. suggestion. ever.

TheRealMike
01.13.2012 , 09:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MegaBubble View Post
Heck, even throw in the ability to set relationship status for our alts, marking them as either siblings, spouses, friends, descendants, etc.
That's... what I just quoted. -.-

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyus View Post
also BW give us legacy details.... the blank window is killing me
They did. I just quoted it. Don't nobody read my posts?
Just point me in the direction of the action!

SiEDeN
01.13.2012 , 09:56 AM | #27
This would be an epic feature of the legacy system!

/bump /bump!!

PolishTank
01.13.2012 , 09:59 AM | #28
Bump for awesome idea...Bioware please at least take notice and mull this over!!!

swdrgn
01.13.2012 , 10:00 AM | #29
I just see no reason why they want the Legacy system to focus on "Family" but the two can never be together at the same time, and litterary never see each other, since you log out one to log in another.

Fathers and sons can fight together

Husbands and Wives. (or same sex if perfered)

Brother an sister.

Clan members etc.
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Trolls suddenly flamed the forums and were suddenly banned."

MegaBubble
01.13.2012 , 10:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealMike View Post
That's... what I just quoted. -.-

They did. I just quoted it. Don't nobody read my posts?
Your post was 2 posts and about 2 minutes before my post.

Perhaps I started composing mine before yours was even posted? We were writing our posts at the same time, there wasn't even a page 2 when I began typing up my post. I also edited mine after I posted and saw what you wrote.