Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Legacy Alt: Play yourself as a companion!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Legacy Alt: Play yourself as a companion!

swdrgn
01.13.2012 , 01:04 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by HanzoV View Post
Hmm, you know, this system, if implemented, could also make BOP gear work for your ALT. I don't see any reason why, if an item drops while your ALT-COMP is being used, you can't share the item with them.
Yea it could I never thought of it that way. You just click the companion tab and drag and drop. I could see people in a group rolling need for BOP armor they cant wear and say "hey I need it for my alt!" lol
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Trolls suddenly flamed the forums and were suddenly banned."

nsaucdiv
01.13.2012 , 01:06 PM | #92
This...is actually a pretty epic idea. It's always nice to see good, constructive ideas come through these forums. Good on you, this is something I would really love to see implemented.
I like my bag, Mike.

swdrgn
01.13.2012 , 01:54 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by nsaucdiv View Post
This...is actually a pretty epic idea. It's always nice to see good, constructive ideas come through these forums. Good on you, this is something I would really love to see implemented.
Thank you
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Trolls suddenly flamed the forums and were suddenly banned."

HanzoV
01.13.2012 , 02:08 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by swdrgn View Post
Yea it could I never thought of it that way. You just click the companion tab and drag and drop. I could see people in a group rolling need for BOP armor they cant wear and say "hey I need it for my alt!" lol
Well damn, that would open another can o' worms, but I think the positives out-weigh the potential negatives, in this case.
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.

Necronsis
01.13.2012 , 02:17 PM | #95
Best Idea Ever!

Zombull
01.13.2012 , 02:21 PM | #96
I like this idea. I would like it more if we had a robust tactics system like the one in Dragon Age so we can fine tune the behavior of the alt companion.

pesky
01.13.2012 , 02:27 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by MegaBubble View Post
I thought this same thing, right after I posted that: legacy is all about giving advantages anyway. Makes me wonder if those Legacy talents have level restrictions, or will new level one alts be able to use them right off the bat? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I also discovered from a friend that there are Epic Rakata versions of some of the Biochem stuff, including a reuseable stim and medpack. Just thought I'd pass that along.
They have already said that there will be bind on legacy items - I would assume this would be the happy medium. I think the most powerful items in the game really shouldn't be able to be given to all your alts, but having a pretty darn powerful one would be pretty cool.

monegames
01.13.2012 , 02:29 PM | #98
This was a subject of a post a few weeks ago and I agreed there as well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=97363

here is a quote from that thread on how i thought it would work, with a few minor edits to better explain my thoughts.

Quote: Originally Posted by monegames View Post
it would work like the bolster system. items the alt/main was using would level down or up to the equivalent gear quality of the level of the character being played. after first use of the alt, it would be saved as a companion and items would work just like all other companions and would neend to be upgraded as you level.

the abilities would be a select set of abilities based on AC. Sorcerers would have lightning and heals like Talos Drellik, while assassins would have stikes and tanking abilities Khem Val.

AislingKerrigan
01.13.2012 , 02:30 PM | #99
The idea is kind of disturbing.. I like it.

MorpheousXO
01.13.2012 , 02:34 PM | #100
This is awesome!

Honestly, don't give the alt-companion access to all their skills. Bioware could just create 16 (one for each Adv. Class) skill bars that are comparable to regular companions. So a mercenary would have a healing and dps stance, as well as some heals and dps skills, while a juggernaut would have tank and dps stance, etc. etc.

Also, on gear.... I kinda say the alt just looks like whatever gear they have on normally, and that you can't modify it, it just scales down (or up), that would probably be the simplest method, and the least open for abuse.

edit: and monegames beat me to it while I was typing... lol!