Steadied Aim and you (err... Full Auto)

Vladiso

Hello there fellow commandos.

I know it is a known issue. I know most of you, are aware of the fact that it does not WAI. But perhaps if we make another whine topic about this with detailed information devs will have a bit more to go on in order to fix the issue. In my book this is primary issue to fix for Comms, over the timing of MV.

Here is the issue, briefly:

Full auto: 3 second channel with damage produced at the end of each second (or so) .

Now, granted, if we suffer "pushback" it, as MMO standards are, would rather decrease the time of our to less than 3 seconds, thus eliminating at least last tick of Full Auto.

Steadied Aim is what supposed to help alleviate the issue with 75% of incoming damage instances not affecting channeling time of FA.

After excessive testing, the results are conclusive. In more than 1000 out of more than 1000 (ie 100%, rather then just 25% or less) instances, incoming damage affected channel time of FA and produced only 2 damage ticks.

This is my official petition to devs to get this fixed as it is a backbreaking mechanic that affects class severely (Full Auto, procced, is our priority 1 ability) . To sign the petition, just reply to this post with your Commando name and "Please fix this" in reply box.

Please fix this

thank you for your time.

P.S.: It does, unless I am missing something, WAI for grav round and conc round. I have not tried testing it with charged bolts as the ability is rather useless to Comms.

Steadied Aim is what supposed to help alleviate the issue with 75% of incoming damage instances not affecting channeling time of FA.

The way the skill reads it reduces the pushback suffered by X%. Not eliminates it X% of the time.

The way the skill reads it reduces the pushback suffered by X%. Not eliminates it X% of the time.

His main point is still valid. Any damage taken during the cast will cause us to lose 1/3 of the damage output from one of our highest DPS skills. That is a fairly major bug and needs to be addressed.

I can't believe a fix for this isn't in the 1.1 patch.

There's been 50+ threads on the topic easily, and no Dev response/acknowledgement.

Go to the PvP forum. There are incredible differences between Empire and Republic (not just class issues) that need addressing also. This is just one of many things that need fixing. (Like mortar volley not firing for 1.2 seconds and the last shot hitting a good second after it finishes channeling!)

Edited by LordKivlov

Go to the PvP forum. There are incredible differences between Empire and Republic (not just class issues) that need addressing also. This is just one of many things that need fixing. (Like mortar volley not firing for 1.2 seconds and the last shot hitting a good second after it finishes channeling!)

Trust me I know. This has been the issue I have been following most closely.

That's the reason I am really offended by the lack of dev response and no fix in the patch. Why did they fix Scoundrels' bugged imbalances but not Troopers'. I've felt like for a couple of weeks this has been one of my main gripes (as far as bugs) and their mostly bugfix major patch not addressing it is disheartening.

I am certain they will get around to it, but I have been waiting long enough already.

They made a great single player experience, and wrote some pretty great class stories, however I don't think they're quite prepared for MMOs. Everything they did would be fine if this were single player, the difference on animations and such. However, it doesn't fly at all for multiplayer games when you have differences like that. Doesn't seem like they had any coordination between the people working on the mirror classes because of the obvious differences.

Pretty saddening, especially since guardians got a nice little buff to force push and yet Focus bomb, operatives and lightning-exploit didn't get nerfed.

Edited by LordKivlov

I don't know, I think they did pretty well considering the so far success of SWTOR. And remember its not like all the same people who and Mass Effect 2 are all the same people working on SWTOR. They probably hired 50%+ completely different people for the dev team in SWTOR.

I don't know, I think they did pretty well considering the so far success of SWTOR. And remember its not like all the same people who and Mass Effect 2 are all the same people working on SWTOR. They probably hired 50%+ completely different people for the dev team in SWTOR.

They are doing well because of the Star Wars franchise name. That is why so many people are sticking with it. That, and Cata is over for WoW and Pandas aren't for another 6 months. It is good timing and franchise power, not game development that is driving this game.