Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Info On Master Loot Function In Normal OPs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
No Info On Master Loot Function In Normal OPs?

Deviantsoul
01.13.2012 , 07:52 AM | #1
Maybe I missed a dev post or thread that covered this but regardless I think this issue warrants as many posts as humanly possible until it is fixed. Master Looter on normal mode operations NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS to work like a master looter function should work. IE - a raid leader can manually assign loot to anyone they wish.

Earlier this week my guild cleared EV normal. On Soa in particular 2 consular chest tokens dropped and BOTH were assigned to one person. Now, as soon as that person picked up one an invalid condition was created where he could not get the other so it auto-assigned the chest to someone else: a person who already had their Columi chest. In addition to this problem, there is a sage healer in my guild who has gotten nothing because the stupid auto-assign keeps assigning gear to people who either have the piece already or dont need it do to being a shadow tank. This is absolutely atrocious and whoever thought this would be a good idea is seriously wrong. I understand the desire to avoid potential ninja looting but having a system that works differently in exactly ONE instance from every other is ridiculously silly. And this does not even take into account the complete lack of /random 100 system to help a raid decide who gets what.

Please BW address this issue soon as, imo and the opinion of I am sure many, many others, this is actually game breaking in the sense that a raid cannot properly gear its members for harder content when the system precludes people from getting anything even when something they need drops.

TroelsKruse
01.13.2012 , 08:26 AM | #2
I haven't tried a operation yet, but everyone seems to say the same, that it will auto-assign loot, does it maater if its on master loot / need-greed?

no matter what, this system sucks... /signed for a standard master loot in operations, and a /roll or / random or something

Faxxon
01.13.2012 , 08:29 AM | #3
Sadly the random assigning of loot in normal mode with Master Looter enabled is working as intended according to Bioware.

MichaelTC
01.13.2012 , 08:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TroelsKruse View Post
I haven't tried a operation yet, but everyone seems to say the same, that it will auto-assign loot, does it maater if its on master loot / need-greed?

no matter what, this system sucks... /signed for a standard master loot in operations, and a /roll or / random or something
The unassembled tokens are auto assigned and everything else is need/greed.

Deviantsoul
01.13.2012 , 10:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Faxxon View Post
Sadly the random assigning of loot in normal mode with Master Looter enabled is working as intended according to Bioware.
If working as intended means complete inability to give loot to those that need it over those that already have the piece then they seriously need to reevaluate who is in charge of loot distribution design. I'm not generally one to flame the devs cuz ultimately I love this game, but if some project lead thinks this is a good idea, they need to be fired.

Deviantsoul
01.13.2012 , 10:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MichaelTC View Post
The unassembled tokens are auto assigned and everything else is need/greed.
Oh and thats not entirely true. Had a dps lightsaber drop on Soa get assigned to a tank Guardian instead of a Sentinel. To my knowledge the only things that are assignable are schematics and crafting mats.

doodirock
01.22.2012 , 01:06 PM | #7
Is there anyway around this? At least the option to pass or see the loot before hand? This seems almost idiotic.
=Bad Idea=
Website | Recruitment

IGsChevy
01.22.2012 , 02:01 PM | #8
Now, I haven't run any operations yet so I don't have direct experience. Any clarification on my understanding would be appreciated.

From what I understand, the loot that drops is auto-assigned based on class. Not Advanced Class, just class. Thus why you have tank Guardians getting DPS sabers. So, under the hood, that implies that the game is deciding who should get the piece at random out of people in the appropriate class. It's as if the game is automatically assigning a need roll to all players in the appropriate class and forcing everyone else to pass. Fine.

However, given the above is accurate and they want to keep the class restrictions on the loot, why not pop up a loot window if you're in the appropriate class for the loot. This loot window will allow to either roll or pass, no need/greed, just roll and pass. This way players who either cannot use the item or already have it can choose to pass, hastening the gearing process for the rest of the group.

While an actual master looter system sounds like a better proposition, this seems like a reasonable alternative if Bioware is attached to their auto-assigning loot system.

Lightforce
01.22.2012 , 02:31 PM | #9
Bump, would like an ETA on Master Loot fix!!!

Avia
01.22.2012 , 04:28 PM | #10
It's a good idea in theory, the problem is it does not detect if the person being assigned the gear already has the piece. The other operative in my guild is a healer, but has his full dps set, and THREE (3) knives, and FOUR(4) rifles. It's getting to the point where we are considering just sitting people that already have the gear, even though they are important roles (mainhealer/tank).