Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(L,F&E #13) Hunters

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:48 AM | #1
((This was an open RP when it was written. Zelkin and I worked it together. I will be posting everything, but his characters are his own.))

((OOC this one is a bit different, and its open, but be warned...face these guys at your peril))

Space. A big wide open place. Not a lot of anything. And in interstellar space, even less of anything. A shadow moved through the outskirts of the Sith controlled Dantooine system. A shape more sensed than seen. It flowed from one patch of deep black to another, always in motion, always just beyond the edge of perception. And as always…seeking prey.

“Stealth systems are at 100%, shields, 100%, weapons 100%, sensors report clear, sir.” The officer of the deck’s report may have pleased the commander of the ship, it was hard to tell. Since he was wearing full armor, it was always hard to tell what he was thinking.
Stormhawk Boss nodded to his Officer Of the Deck. Then he returned his gaze to the main screen. The Dantooine system had been a Jedi Enclave once upon a time, but that had been three hundred years in the past. After a massive assault by the Sith under the command of Darth Malak during the Jedi Civil War, the remaining Jedi, much fewer in number, had fled. The inhabitants had been left to fend for themselves, and they had. But then the Sith had come again, less than fifty years before, and the inhabitants had been subjugated, brutally. Now Dantooine was a hub of Sith activity in the sector, and as such, ripe pickings for the Stormhawk.

Others might call us pirates, Stormhawk Boss mused to himself, but we NEVER attack republic shipping, only the Sith. That makes us privateers, sort of, anyway. He grinned sourly unseen under his helmet. Not that that would so us much good if the Republic ever catches us without the Jedi around…

His thoughts broke off as an alarm warbled. He glanced at the sensor station. The sensor techs were scrambling, trying to determine… One looked up at him and he nodded as the plot on the screen changed. Then his eyes widened. What in the…?

“Sir, unknown ship has entered the system. Mass puts it at shuttle size. Configuration is…” She looked at him, shock all over her features. “…Republic, sir.”

<What is a Republic shuttle doing here?> His temporary XO asked in a soft growl. Olanagychew had been…astonished when Boss had asked him to take Two’s place while Two was away. But he made a great XO. The sensor chief replied.

“Unknown XO. Wait one... Roger.” She acknowledged a report from her teams, and then she turned back to the command crew. “Sir, the Sith are scrambling fighters to intercept. Shuttle is attempting to evade. That class of shuttle, the hyperdrive will take five minutes to cycle if it is in peak condition.” She looked at them, and then turned back to her boards. She had done her job, getting the information to those who made the decisions, now it was out of her hands.

<Boss?> Olana’s word was soft. Stormhawk Boss stood, lost in thought.

“Sir?” The sensor chief piped up again. Boss turned back to her. “Shuttle is putting out an automated distress call.”

“Here?” Boss asked in disbelief. That was a very good way to bring every Sith ship in the area down on whoever was flying the thing. He looked at the screen, then at his XO. Olanagychew shrugged. Boss sighed. Then he started issuing commands.

“Helm, bring us about, plot a least time intercept course with that shuttle. XO, sound ‘Battle stations’…” The alarm ran through the ship and shouts were heard as the crew raced for their stations. “...ready all fighters for launch. Whoever this pilot is, if they survive this. I’m gonna talk to them.” More than one of the bridge crew winced at his cold words.

The Stormhawk came alive, her sensors actively scanning for enemies, her weapons seeking them and her crew, ready to face them. Once more the Stormhawk was going to war.
My stories in order:
Love, the Force, and Everything Discussion thread here

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:48 AM | #2
Janelle's tiny shuttle was trying to make its way to the hyperspace point which led to the Centurion space station. She figured she was still too far away to even worry about it, and she thought she'd have a pretty smooth journey to the Unknown Regions.

Ugh, was she ever wrong.

She found herself drifting just within the Dantooine star system- a system she thought she'd never return to. Not to mention, the damn shuttle was going wonky all over the place. The engine suddenly shut down, the hyperspace drive suddenly cut off as she ended up in this system, and now sensors were detecting a damn battlecruiser-class starship in the system!

Things couldn't possibly get any worse.

She decided to open a com to the starship. Maybe they wouldn't fire on her or something. Of course, being under the Jedi now, they probably would. Though, if she was still a Sith, they might fire on her anyway. It's like, no matter what, it was a lose-lose situation. Not like she had anything else to lose at this point anyway. She died once, dying again wasn't going to solve anything.

But if she did die here? Well, who was going to stop her brother? Only the Force knows what kind of mayhem he was causing, wherever he was.

"Um... hi." Janelle said as she spoke into the comm, "Listen, er... my shuttle's being dumb right now. I don't know what's wrong with it. If you guys want to take me prisoner, go ahead. It's not like this thing has weapons or anything. But maybe, you know... if you guys weren't evil or bounty hunters trying to look for the next big bounty... maybe you could uh... fix my ship or something? I'll be best friends with you forever!"

Wow. That was probably the best way to act your age. Then again, she always acted like this, she was still incredibly young compared to most trained Force-sensitives. Oh and she forgot one last thing:

"Uh... um... over!"

Yeah. Real slick, Janelle. They're definitely gonna kill you now.
My stories in order:

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:49 AM | #3
"Sir? You better hear this..." The commo tech piped up. Boss motioned to him and the Sullustan put the take from the comlink on speaker. He winced.

"...Uh... um... over!" the woman finally stopped talking. He looked around the bridge, all of the crew were looking at him with disbelief written all over their features. How could anyone out here be so clueless? She didn't seem to have even noticed the two Sith fighters closing with her... Boss shook his head and snorted. It didn't really change anything. He looked at his XO and Olana nodded and left the bridge. He shook his head again.

"Stand by to launch fighters." He laughed sourly. "Looks like we get to play hero today." Several chuckles were heard around the bridge, they had been called many things, not heroes recently.

"Plan is snatch and run. Too much... Frak!" He swore softly as Sith capital ship signatures appeared on the plot as they came online. Things were getting messy.

"Launch fighters!" The ship shuddered as four Auteks left the launch tubes and headed for the Sith fighters still closing on the shuttle...

"Send to the shuttle: 'heave to, prepare to be taken inboard'."
My stories in order:

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:50 AM | #4
Janelle wasn't given a response.

Great. She was going to die in the emptiness of space, in the exact star system she was born on.

"... oh well. I guess if I'm going to die, I may as well die relaxing."

The young Jedi kicked her legs a bit, allowing the seat of the cockpit to spin around and around. She placed her hands on the edges of the seat a little, whistling idly as she tilted her head up. She continued kicking her legs, her robe coat seeming to fly around everywhere in the air as she did so. Finally, after a few moments, she stopped the seat, leaning back on it and placing her hands on her exposed midsection.

"I thought I'd be able to see him again, too. Ugh. Sorry, Kirin. I guess I'll have to end up missing out on dinner the next time I'm back on Tython. Heh... I'm sorry, Mar-"

And just then, she could hear the beeping from the comm. Apparently, the battlecruiser did decide to reply to her. She spun the chair around, leaning over toward the piloting console as she listened to the words.

Of course, being totally and completely inept at the ways of spacefaring, a confused look crossed her face.

"Uh... eh... 'heave to'? Sorry, I don't know any of the space language, I just know how to do basic piloting... Oh! You mean you're gonna pull me onboard?! Thanks! Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!"

Whew. Another close shave cutting it too close.

Or uh... maybe she was gonna die anyway. Damn.
My stories in order:

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:50 AM | #5
Stormhawk Nine and her wing swept by the small shuttle and she allowed herself a small smile. Then her teeth bared in a feral grin. They had reached the shuttle before the Sith and now... It was time to kill!

Her Cathar blood sang in her ears as she fired and one of the Sith fighters disintegrated under her guns. The other blew by, but a quick look showed it's entire left side slagged by the combined fire of her cohorts. As she watched, her second flight fired again and the fighter exploded. She grinned again, then sobered. Multiple Sith ships approaching. She burned to engage them, to kill as many as she could, but... she also understood orders. She turned back to home, seeing the Stormhawk pull the shuttle into the main hanger bay and she and her cohorts ran for safety. They made it.

Boss looked over his plot as the Sith ships closed. Four capital starships, at least thirty fighters. He shook his head. If they had achieved surprise, they could have crippled the Sith forces in the system, but... The plot showed all fighters aboard and he gave the command.

"Jump." The Stormhawk blurred as she jumped to lightspeed. I hope this girl is worth it...
My stories in order:

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:51 AM | #6
The shuttle finally landed in the large docking bay of the battlecruiser. Janelle sighed with relief, pressing the docking bay release button on her shuttle and letting it prop open. Simulated atmospheric oxygen flooded the inside of her small ship, and Janelle sighed, quite thankful that the giant ship didn't decide to just blow her to bits. This was a bit of a setback to her true objective, but if she wasn't going to die, she didn't mind.

She stood up from her seat in the shuttle's cockpit, fixing her white robes and stretching her arms up above her head. She had been stuck stranded in the ship for quite a while, so it was good to have a little bit of room to stretch her legs.

She stepped out of the shuttle slightly, peeking her head out precariously, letting her bangs flow slightly. Finally, she stepped out, and her slim, athletic figure stepped forth into the docking bay of the battlecruiser. Her white robes swept behind her as she walked down somewhat cautiously onto the dock. While she was definitely prepared to get attacked, she didn't initially pull out her lightsaber from behind her back, beneath her robe jacket. If they wanted to kill her, they would've done so in space, while she was stranded and completely defenseless. Reaching behind her back, she fixed the bun at the back of her head some, then lowered her arms to her side.

"Um... hello?" Janelle spoke somewhat softly, gazing around. She was facing toward the shielded entry sector of the battleship, so she didn't actually know if there were people around her. Or behind her, for that matter.
My stories in order:

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:51 AM | #7
Olanagychew just stood and watched as the woman, girl actually, looked around, facing the other way. He shook his mighty head, and the other members of his detachment shook theirs as well. He cleared his throat. the girl jumped so far that for a moment he thought she would land on top of the shuttle, then she spun.

He smiled at her antics, then his smiled faltered as he looked at her face. He recognized her, from images and from tales. His eyes widened, then his hands blurred and she found herself facing the muzzle of a primed bowcaster. Blasters cycled up all over the bay.

<Darth Furia...> he clicked off the safety of his weapon and he heard his team do likewise.
My stories in order:

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:52 AM | #8
Janelle turned around, raising her hands up above her head. She found herself facing the wrong end of a wookie's bowcaster, and this wasn't good. Still, she meant no harm, and she wasn't sure why he was so hostile toward her. She was wearing Jedi robes, wasn't she? She looked the part, at least. Also, did she know him? He muttered her name in his language. Being that she was trained throughout her childhood by the Sith, she had the ability to comprehend several languages, but she wasn't sure where or how she met this wookiee.

"Well, uh... I was Darth Furia, but I'm not anymore," she said, still assuming a rather submissive stance. Again, she meant no harm, but she didn't want to raise suspicion that she was the enemy.

"Listen, I'll come quietly, I've got no reason to fight you. I'm obviously outnumbered, so if you want to take me prisoner, go ahead. I don't want to fight anyone. I just want to get out of this system and head to the borders of the Unknown Regions, to an almost abandoned space station called the Centurion."
My stories in order:

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:52 AM | #9
<Your not her anymore huh?> His sarcasm was obvious even to anyone who didn't speak Shirwook. <Move and you die.>

He nodded to his team and they fanned out, one moved closer to her. When she didn't react, the team member motioned the girl to the floor. She still didn't react. The armored woman snarled.

"If you don't do exactly what I tell you, when I tell you, we will blast you and be done with it. Clear? Get on the deck! Arms above your head!"
My stories in order:

kalenath
01.13.2012 , 04:53 AM | #10
"Alright, alright. No need to be rash, geez. I already said I didn't mean any harm!"

Janelle fell down to her knees willingly, placing her hands behind her head. She did so in a very submissive manner, further putting emphasis on her desire not to fight anyone.

You know, you'd think when you already put emphasis on the fact that you weren't the same person that you once were, you'd have your word taken for it. It didn't work that way, though. It didn't matter what you are now, what mattered was the actions you made back when you were still stupid and evil and filled will the Dark Side of the Force and all that stuff.

Sometimes, she thought, she wished she lived a normal life.

Actually, she thought that all the damned time. This moment, right here?

Yeah, this was one of those moments where she really, really wished she was a normal girl.

"I don't know what else to tell you," Janelle continued talking. Obviously, she really didn't know when to shut up. "I don't know what I did when I was with the Sith, but I guess apologizing for something I'm not even aware of or remember doing won't help. Just don't kill me, okay? I've got something more important that needs doing that requires my still being alive. If you really want my life, I'll give it to you, but you've gotta wait until I do what I need to do..."
My stories in order: