Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"I've been had!"

Gnimsauce
12.14.2011 , 09:26 AM | #1
Thread after thread after thread of nothing but "I've been lied to, I'm a paying customer and I'm getting ripped off, this is the worst thing to ever happen in the history of video games" etc etc etc.

Bioware did not lie to anybody. The wording when you bought the game via pre order was You can play UP TO 5 days early. For those of you that don't know how simple english works, UP TO 5 days early means you could be waiting for as long as the 19th of December to get your early access.
So please before you continue crying and threatening to cancel your pre-orders (Implying anyone has actually followed through with this pitiful attempt at gaining "FASTER EARLY ACCESS") , Go outside and take a big breath of fresh air.
You will get your early access when the little email shows up in your inbox stating so. Moaning and complaining and slinging stupid threats will get you nothing but the sounds of palms hitting faces while the rest of us sit here patiently waiting.
You do not work for Bioware, You do not know what the hell they're going through right now. But hey what do I know, launching an mmorpg with more PRE ORDERS then most MMO's see in ACTUAL SALES must be a breeze of a task right?

Herethos
12.14.2011 , 09:30 AM | #2
Or incase of digital download users that bought via Origin will get their codes mailed on the 16th at the latest. If info people have been getting is correct.

WookieePower
12.14.2011 , 09:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gnimsauce View Post
Thread after thread after thread of nothing but "I've been lied to, I'm a paying customer and I'm getting ripped off, this is the worst thing to ever happen in the history of video games" etc etc etc.

Bioware did not lie to anybody. The wording when you bought the game via pre order was You can play UP TO 5 days early. For those of you that don't know how simple english works, UP TO 5 days early means you could be waiting for as long as the 19th of December to get your early access.
While I personally do not care when I get in, the wording when I bought the game said "5 days early access", it was only at some point after my purchase did Bioware/EA/LA change that wording to "UP to 5 days".

So actually some of these threads can be vaild, however it is still not even 5 days early access so they are a tad early on complaints about it.
"An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of bulls***."
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
- General George Patton Jr

Hankypoop
12.14.2011 , 09:44 AM | #4
I purchased the game, and a few days later received the second email explaining I will have early assess from the 13th to 17th. I loaded the code I received in my e-mail and still my account keeps telling my I have no subscription for my account. I try to reload the same code given to me from the email and I get an error stating the code has already been loaded. So for two days now I have tried to call the US phone number for customer support and get nothing. When I call I get a recording telling me the number no longer works and other times when I call I get the lady who barely speaks English recording telling me all the agents are busy and to call back later.

W.T.F is going on here? This aint the first game to ever be launched. How is it this company cant get their act together? STOP trying to reinvent the wheel and follow the steps other franchises have already taken. Oh and give me my money back for the early assess!!!

killaghost
12.14.2011 , 09:49 AM | #5

So please before you continue crying and threatening to cancel your pre-orders (Implying anyone has actually followed through with this pitiful attempt at gaining "FASTER EARLY ACCESS") , Go outside and take a big breath of fresh air.
You will get your early access when the little email shows up in your inbox stating so. Moaning and complaining and slinging stupid threats will get you nothing but the sounds of palms hitting faces while the rest of us sit here patiently waiting.
You do not work for Bioware, You do not know what the hell they're going through right now. But hey what do I know, launching an mmorpg with more PRE ORDERS then most MMO's see in ACTUAL SALES must be a breeze of a task right?

THANK YOU!!! I love how every one and their dog thinks they are entitled to the first day. Heck its not even the 15th yet everyone should just stop complaining and be thankful Bioware gave use a extra two days to get in earlier than what it would have been.

Crovas
12.14.2011 , 09:49 AM | #6
that tells you about the active subscription saying that when they let you in and you recieve youre email that will automatically change. also on the account page that says you need to enter your code if you read the top it says these do not have to be done to play Early Access.
A soldier's soul is forged in the crucible of battle.

mcdlabs
12.14.2011 , 09:50 AM | #7
hmm some people must have bought a different game, ALL the press release I ever saw, clearly stated that early access was UPTO 5 days (BTW that is Dec15th so if your not in yet, they still have another day) early access based on when you preordered.
Malaki Vantrack
Imperial Agent

TonySith
12.14.2011 , 09:52 AM | #8

Wrong. When I bought the game they hadn't decided the number of early access days yet. Not until sometime in Oct.

ososweet
12.14.2011 , 09:57 AM | #9
People need to calm down. The game launches on the 20th. Simple math should tell you your lucky to be in bfore the 15th. I am still waiting for my activation. How about some appreciation for the company that is giving as maney as 2 extra days. Read your E-mail. Its not BWs fault you decided to jump on the band wagon later than other people. If you are upset by the fact you are not in the game yet you can do everyone else a favor and go back to WoW an deal with Blizzards customer service!!

Nonservium
12.14.2011 , 10:14 AM | #10
I always enjoy watching the self-important, overly entitled spoiled children who behave this way. It makes launch week fun. It's like thousands of toddlers having one big tantrum. Shame on you guy's for encouraging patience. The internet is no place for civility or decorum